She is sleeping in my bed tonight...

she was sleeping on the living room floor. then she woke up and came in my room. she was vomiting a short while before this and she could not move because her back is really hurting her. I can't understand how she manages every month to deal with this kind of situation. I think she even gets cramps.. something I know nothing about. I hope it does not last long because it breaks my heart to see her face so sad. My sister gets terrible cramps and she can't even walk hers are so bad. I hear so many of my friends complain about bloating,mood swings and more. all of which I know nothing about. she has many more years to deal with this before it all comes to an end. sad but true.. do you know how she feels??
@Blondie2222 (17754)
I know how she feels, I get mine twice a year and when i do get them their really bad i have to use a heating pad to help with my cramps and always have to lay down because it hurts to stand up or do anything. Sucks when you get it at work too because there you can't do anything about it, so I keep a heating pad at work too so I atleast have that to look back on. Pills don't usually work for me like they do to some people. Hope she feels better soon and gets some sleep.
That is crazy that you only get this twice a year. I would be very happy about that part.
I used to suffer terrible. Sometimes I had to miss work. I took Morton and used a hot water bottle or heating pad for the pain. Sometimes I couldn't do anything other than just cry.
Wow,I cna't believe your up this late in the morning. I wonder if I could find something to put on her belly for comfort. I think I could put a wet rag in the microwave adn put it in a zip lock bag and rest it on her. that was what they made me do when she broke her leg in order for her to move it to learn to walk again. Thaks for letting me know..
That is funny I love corn and eat it all the time too. thanks for letting me know about this.
No, I don't. What I know is she feels terrible. How I wish we could help them when they are suffering from something. Understanding them is what we can do the least. Happy mylotting.
I know I would really not want to know how she feels. I wish I could help her feel better though..
@bjc66bjc (6745)
I truly do not know how she feels...Thank God I am way past that stage but even during the time I never has cramps, Never!!! and I was pretty much a 3/4 day person... My daughter is the one who has it bad..she really have very bad cramps...I have advised her to take a sock and put some rice in it and microwave it and use it to reduce her cramps... Thanks God those days are days of yesterday years....lOL...
@911Ricki (13602)
Yep, been there done that. I am on the depo shot and boy its well worth the $60.00. I dont have a period any more, or its very very light (which before I bled like a stuf pig), I use to get horrible pains I mean it felt like everything was falling out, cramps, bloating (I would be about 3 pants sizes bigger than normal), and mood swings. Im sure there is more but its been about 4 months since having my last period, and I wouldnt turn back. They say this birth control can cause delays in trying to get pregnent, but seriously I dont care I dont wish those pains on anyone.
Raspberry leaf tea and a long soak in a hot bath should help. She may want to avoid OTC painkillers; they can actually make pain worse sometimes. She should also avoid tampons, especially during the first day; they worsen cramping. If the pain really is incapacitating her like this every month, she may need to talk with her doctor. It could be that she has a medical condition that needs to be treated. One of my friends suffered for several years until she could get surgery to have uterine fibroids removed; these tumors turned her into a near-invalid for several days each month.
OTC Painkillers could really make it worse?
@winterose (39931)
who is she? also has she been to a doctor about it she could have endometriosis or some other disease.
@sid556 (31018)
yep...I can relate. When i was younger, my cramps were so so bad and it lasted for days and days then would stop and start in randomly. My legs would hurt so bad, I'd be in tears. Getting on the pill helped somewhat. At least it limited the pain and regulated things a bit. Still, I was one of those that got pregnant on the pill. After having my 2nd child and combined with getting older, things did get better. They now have so many more things to help with that stuff. I would suggest that she talk to her doctor about it. Back when I was going through it, I couldn't even get on the pill without my parent's permission until I was 18! I never did get the mood swings or depression or anything but a lot of women do.
I consider myself to be pretty lucky because of the fact that I do experience some cramps from time to time, but I don't have cramps every month and the cramps that I've been through are not debilitating cramps. Now when it comes to mood swings, I used to have them really, really bad with my cycle each and every single month, but as I've gotten older, I've found that though I do still have some degree of mood swings, but it isn't nearly as extreme.
@silverfox09 (4727)
I am having mine as I text here , I find the strength to do all this today because I take female panadol during these time . It work like a charm you should let her try it . I would normally get crazy cramps and bloating.
@jenny1015 (13394)
That has also been my long-time dilemma. I used to faint while in school everytime. Other times, my nail beds turn into blue and feel clammy. It is really such a terrible feeling every time this happens.
Im actually feeling the same thing now. Cramps, mood swings. Its really hard. And oh yeah, painful.