Summer vacation over - more peaceful evenings!

We have had a crazy summer. We had a week in a caravan, when all 3 kids stayed up late, past midnight sometimes. And at home, my 7 year old daughter and 5 year old son have been sleeping in together. Usually the 7 year old sleeps in her own room with her baby sister, and when she is with her brother they play half the night and don't go to sleep. Its been great having them in their own rooms, all 3 kids generally asleep by 9pm. Though last night the baby woke up and wouldn't sleep as she is teething, so I sent my older daughter to her brother's room so she could get some sleep! All in all though, now school is open again, and the rules are back in force, its much quieter here.
My son just started school again last week and I must say he's much more tired at night now and doesn't put up as much of a fight when I say it's bedtime. However, even over summer vacation I never let him stay up more than half an hour past his usual bedtime just so I wouldn't have to deal with the sudden shift in routine when he went back to school.
school started for kids here today. I slept right through the morning being I have no small kids. thank god..