How were u during ur childhood days?

Hey guys.. I was very much a shy person but was very much popular at school and among my friends during my childhood days. I had very less friends but was actively involved in competitions and extra curricular activities. i was never involved in any notorious acts during those days. What about you? Were you naughty or shy? Any interesting incident you would like to share?
@jenny1015 (13389)
I was shy in my childhood. I think it is because, my parents were quite strict and that they have set things for me and my brother to be done everyday and not doing it will result to scolding. In school I was part of a popular group. My friends are the outgoing type. They are always allowed by their parents to go out and I was always left out. My parents just didn't allow me to join them. The exact opposite with my sister---she was always allowed to go out with her friends anytime.
Hey thanks a ton for your response. Well yeah i can understand your situation very well as most of the parents like yours impose strict rules and restrictions on their children so that they remain in a disciplined environment and so that that will help them become good human beings in the future. But i strongly feel that rules and restrictions are OK to some extent but not always. There are some things that children would always love to do but because of their parents they are not able to do so and hence they remain unfulfilled dreams for the children for the rest of their lives. I think parents should give this thing a serious thought. What say?
@jenny1015 (13389)
I am a parent myself now, and I try to be a little lenient on my teenage son. I want him to enjoy his youth but of course, this freedom is only t some extent. I wouldn't want him to fail in his studies if I will allow him t go with his friends always.
Yeah you are absolutely correct. You should give your son enough freedom to enjoy his life but not at the cost of his studies and the traditions u have given to him. It is often see that today's children misuse the freedom given to them, so a strict vigil has also to be kept on them so that they do not have to battle any dire consequences in the future. What say?
• Mathura, India
Have a nice day my dear mylotter friend subhojit10 I was also very much a shy person but was very much popular at school teachers and the students and among my friends during my childhood days. The reason was that I was always rank first in my study in the class. You may surprise that so many times I was asked to teach mathematics in the my own class if the Maths teacher was on leave and I was obeying the instruction. But I was again ranked first in the playground if started counting from the end of the row. I was very much poor student in the class of Fine arts. Perheps You can believe I always secured cent per cent marks in Science and Mathematics but passed with the grace in fine arts.
Hey thanks a ton for your response. Well it was great to hear about your talent in Science and Mathematics. Your teachers must be very proud of you for following their instructions and for being an ideal student at school. Well many students have the same problem of being weak at fine arts and this is not a big issue. It is not mandatory for a student to master both fine arts and general studies. What say?
• Mathura, India
Hello, My dear mylottor friend subhojit10, , My elder son is also weak in fine arts, and very good in languages, mathematics, Science and Social Studies. The younger son is average in all the subject and fine in fine arts. Those are students of class 7 and 6 students, respectively. Have a nice day. Happy mylotting.
hey thanks for the information. Yes as i said before it is absolutely OK if the students are not good at fine arts but are good at general subjects. They can use fine arts as a medium to unleash their talent or else for mind relaxation. It is very important to be good and efficient at the general subjects so as to excel in the future. What say?
I'm very shy person during my childhood and even till now. I want to have many friend but very shy to start a conversation and make a friendship. everything become easier for me when I was senior high school. I'm still shy person, but I have some friend that help me and I have better confidence. I try to change myself become braver than I were but this is very hard. even so, I'm one of smart student in class and now I thought I'm one of girl that more mature and independent that friend as my ages and I'm happy for it
Hey thanks a ton for your response. Great to hear that you too were shy and reserved like me at school who later on amended a lot to mix up with the friends. Yes one has to be smart, intelligent and extrovert to compete with others in this century otherwise we would be left back in the race. we need to interact with the people around so as to build up the self confidence within ourselves. What say?
yeah, interact with other is very important and build our confidence, also teach us many things. sometimes we need to force ourself to blend with other and reduce our shy character
Yes u are absolutely right. Sometimes situation forces us to befriend others so that we can get a lot of scope in learning several new things which otherwise would never have been possible. if we remain shy and reserved at college, then it might hamper our studies as well as we might not any one to help us in providing us the notes and even in project work it wont help either. so its always better to be frank and open minded but everything should happen within a certain limit. What say?
@tetris15 (540)
I was pretty much one of the guys when I was young. Since I have two big brothers, I ended up playing with their playmates as well or if sometimes they don't want to really play with me, they will find a way for me to believe that I was really part of their play. lol. But as I entered high school, I found friends in school, all of whom are girls. That's why when I entered college, it took me some time to get close with male friends.
Hey thanks a ton for your response. Well great to hear about your spirit to gel up with others during your childhood days. yes it is very important to be compatible with the people of all ages in order to learn many things from them. yes of course with time, it will take some more time and patience to mix up with the students on your college. What say?
@Bhebelen14 (5206)
Hello subhojit10, during my childhood days I am very active, playful, popular in my hometown and competitive. I enjoy my childhood very much because there are no restrictions and i can do everything I want during those days. I remembered i joined in a singing and beauty contest many times and luckily i always won. I love playing under the sun and moon with my neighbors and playmates most of the time, we kept of running,climbing trees and playing. Those days was the most precious and happiest moment in my life were there no stress, problems, pressure and no obligations.
hey thanks a ton for your response. great to hear that you had a beautiful childhood and u had enjoyed your childhood days to the fullest. Also it was glad to hear you winning several beauty and singing contests and this speaks volumes about your talent and potential also. Yes, childhood days means days free from tension, stress, pressure, relationships and expectations. What say?
@Micmac (8991)
Same here friend subhojit. During my childhood I was shy and what helped me to overcome my shyness is that I had a bunch of lively and talkative friends, so I was able to converse and got out of my shell. Also I played piano and gave a recital during school ceremony and I was able to face the auditorium crowd which helped me to gain confidence. I was also a good student in childhood and succeeded my subjects with honors.
Hey thanks a ton for your response. Well just like you i too was very shy and reserved but the fact that i too had many talkative and smart friends around me helped me to overcome this fear of mine and i also started participating in conversation and this helped me a lot to built my character and confidence level. Also facing the audience is another way of putting an end to the shyness and reservedness. What say?
@oyomesan (115)
• Netherlands
I was rather shy and reserved, leaving me with very little friends. However, the friends I did have, I was very close with and had a good time with. :)
Hey thanks a ton for your responses. Well same here with me. I too was reserved and shy during my childhood days but i used to be very much open and frank with my close buddies and we used to have fun. leaving that i used to stay calm and used to concentrate on my studies and other activities of interest. What say?