Monday is the beginning of the end for General Hospital

@stealthy (8189)
That is when GH moves to the new time slot thanks in no small part to Katie Couric. So in most places it will be up against the only other two remaining one hour soaps. This has to hurt all there to some extent by taking viewers away from them. So it may be the beginning of the end of all three. It is a shame that Katie Couric with her aggravating voice and irritating personality was allowed to have so much power. Another problem is that the town probably won't be rescued from the Jerry Jax poisoning by then.
Ok,i am confused here with this. I watch the young an the rest.. at 12:30 then I watch the bold and the beautiful at 1;30 too two. then at two i will watch gh.. so what shows are you saying will be bothered by the time slot. I don't get alerts aso after you respond can you pm the link to this post. thanks.
@stealthy (8189)
Although some local stations may handle things different, the basic time for GH is changing to 2 pm eastern and 1 pm central and mountain. As far as I know Y&R and the NBC soap are on at that same time. The pacific time zone has had different times all along so I'm not sure what the new times there will be but I am guessing that GH will be on earlier there, too.
Thanks very much. I will hope to be able to see it.
Well, in my market it's actually better for the show. It had been competing against Days of Our Lives. Now with the time change it will have no soap opera competition at all.
@coffeebreak (17824)
I don't know...could be good for it... That time slot... many working folks have lunch that time and miss watching AMC or OLTL during their lunch hours and will pick up GH. Or..now that it is at a lunch time slot...maybe GH'ers will be glad to watch it while at lunch instead of recording it and trying to watch it at home with the family and all the work! I am so sick of these celebrity yuppie talk shows...I saw the previews of The Talk today...never watched the show...but it shows them all in robes and doing spa treatment and no makeup and all...seeing a bunch of uppity women near naked is not something I want to watch at all much less at lunch time! I dont know how they they all keep on the roster. The Talk, The View..now Katie... all they are are a bunch of uppity women sitting around bickering and arguing and acting like a bunch of arrogant snobs.