Fact checks on Obama Speech

@Fatcat44 (1142)
I have found the following fact check on Obama's speech very interesting. http://mycenturylink.com/news/read.php?ps=1010&rip_id=DA14MN4G0%40news.ap.org&page1 1. Obama wants to use money we are spending on the wars on to pay down debt and other things. The fact is we are borrowing money to fight these wars, so we would use borrowed money to pay down the debt? What he said sounds good in a speech but it doesn't make sense in real life. 2. We have created 500,000 new manufacturing jobs. The truth is that we have lost over 4 million manufacturing jobs since he took became president. 3. Obama's states his plan will reduce the debt by 4 trillion dollars. The fact is that with what he has in plan will reduce current spending by 4 trillion dollars over ten years. So this is 400 billion dollars a year less spending. However at his current spending (Note with not budget ever passed) is adding approximately 1.5 trillion dollars in debt year. So at his level of thinking, over ten years at the level. He would only increase the debt by 12 trillion dollars instead of 16 trillion dollars. So are you going to still vote for Obama after this?
Fat, lets take your post point by point shall we? 1. Romney wants to not only keep military spending at these high levels(also using borrowed money from China), he wants even more money that the Pentagon doesn't need (which means we will be borrowing even MORE money from China to fight a war against? Russia?). 2. We lost all of those manufacturing jobs because companies have either moved to China, or can't compete with China. Remember back in the Bush years when Bush told the country we are a service country now, and don't need manufacturing anymore? So that is how you lose jobs 3. Obama's plan would actually cut our debt. Romney's plan will grow the debt, and there is NO economist that states other wise. You can't cut revenue and increase spending without causing huge short term debt. Now Romney says that his "trickle down" economics policy will create revenue because of growth in the economy. The problem is that his spending measures would require huge cuts across the board, just to be revenue neutral. TRICKLE DOWN ECONOMICS DOESN'T WORK!!!! It has been tried twice in the last 30 years, and both times the country was MUCH WORSE off because of it. Please show me where TRICKLE DOWN economics has left the country better?
@Rollo1 (16707)
• Boston, Massachusetts
1. Romney's increase in defense spending is not some aberration, but in fact, a return to a normal defense budget. Obama has deeply cut military spending. Personally, if I had 550,000,000 dollars to spend, I would rather give it to the military, to fund those brave men and women who are sacrificing their lives, than to have thrown it away on a political loan like the one to the now defunct Solyndra. The spending doesn't have to increase the entire budget, if you get rid of the pay-offs, payouts to friends, waste, fraud and unnecessary spending that goes on all the time. 2. If Obama didn't believe in sending jobs oversears, then GE CEO Jeff Immelt would not be a prominent economic advisor and a member of his jobs council, since GE has closed numerous plants in the US and built new plants in China. BTW, please cite a source for your Bush "quote". 3. "and there is NO economist that states other wise." I beg to differ. There are at least 526 economists who say otherwise, and 5 of them are Nobel laureates. http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/20/more-than-500-economists-5-nobel-laureates-back-romneys-economic- "The 526 economists — including Nobel laureates Gary Becker, Robert Lucas, Robert Mundell, Edward Prescott, and Myron Scholes — point to six facets of Romney’s economic approach that they see as beneficial to future economic success." "The economists’ statement of support pillories Obama’s economic record, claiming that his expansion of the federal government has resulted in “anemic economic recovery and high unemployment,” which will continue if his future plans are implemented." We have four years experience of Obama's policies and we know they don't work. And if they would not be any different in the next 4 years, we cannot expect a different outcome.
@Fatcat44 (1142)
debater. What Obama plan I have not seen one, nor a balance budget. Show me or it is a lie! Obama's budget had zero votes. Not one democrat even voted for it, so Obama's leadership ability is zero. I notice you could not debut Obama's lies on the fact check, only attack Romney. We are talking Obama here and about his lies. Stay on topic with Obama, unless he is undefendable, and all you can do in defense is attack Romney.
@Fatcat44 (1142)
By the way debater, trickle up economics don't work, look at Carter and Obama. Even if you like it or not, only trickle down economics is the only thing that works. Even in socialistic countries, you tax the people with money and trickle it down to the others. So I do not even have a clue why you would say trickle down economics doesn't work. The dems want to tax those with money to trickle it down to the poor. The republicans want everyone to have money and jobs to become richer. Trickle it down naturally to those who will work and earn it. The ones with money want the poorer to have money so that they will spend it on their goods. The richer need to people to work for them and produce their goods. The rich want to create jobs for these people. The rich got rich from giving jobs to other and producing products. Why would the rich not want the people to have jobs and buy their products. It makes no sense how you can say trickle economics down work. The rich want to invest their money. If it wasn't for the corporations your union buddies that pay their dues so that you can have a salary, would not have a job, onr you. Get rid of the corporations and see where your job goes. Look at the countries in Africa that 30 years ago kicked out the corporations. They have gone no where. China has had the growth it has because it partner shipped with the corporations, so the corporation would come in, build, and run their plants because they, the Chinese government, knew they could never do it- only corporations and capitalistic methods work. So if trickle economics does not work, the only other formula I know is Marxism and/or socialism where the government runs everything and tells its citizens what to do. Is this what you are advocating here? You want Marxism and/or socialism. You want the government to run everything and to put the control over everything in thier hands? The congress has about a 10% approval rating, President Obama has about 40% tops, and you want them to run everything. Are you serious!!!! Get real man! You are not making sense.
@crossbones27 (15596)
• Redlands, California
Here is your fact check. If we had a normal economy in the first place. Obama's job record would probably be considered fairly good. If people want to go back to the Bush years go for it, but I think every one forgot how bad his second term was.
@Fatcat44 (1142)
Bush's second term was pretty good until the dems got control of congress in 2006.
• Redlands, California
If you say so. I think the facts prove otherwise. The rights always preaching about the debt but seem to have no problem with the way the Bush administration ran up the debt. That their should be a failure from the from the right sides point of view.
@laglen (19783)
I did not vote for him four years ago and will not vote for him now. I would rather live in a country that it's hard working entrepreneurs actually built their business. I really think his comment on that showed his true colors. His healthcare tells me he doesnt believe that people can make their own choices. his economic policy tells me that he doesnt believe that when you are out of money, you should stop spending. He will most likely get the US put on COD only. Anytime you hear "too big to fail" in my opinion means they already failed time to move on. When our Senate sits on multiple bills, possibly some that may help, and refuses to even vote on a budget, tells me it is time to stop paying them as they won't do their job. Insubordination - time for pink slips. Wow, ok I kinda went off topic, but this whole situation is pi55ing me off. Regarding debt, 12 trillion dollars, good golly, time to cut government services and stop all new spending. Cuts across the board no exceptions. No tax payer funded partys, conventions, trainings. If they don't know their job now, partys in Vegas will not change that. Have a potluck in the office to pass out "atta boys".
@Fatcat44 (1142)
The problem is that there is portion of the population who cannot make their own decisions and support themselves...they have become enslaved to the machine.
@laglen (19783)
Enter Darwin.
@Lakota12 (42794)
I hope others read this should put it ob Facebook. I never voted for him in first place his name gave me the severs and I know one person that did not going to this time but then I know some on FB aere die hards cant get it thru there head he is a liar and a no ood and wants this county to become a 3rd world country which we probably were over 00 years ago before we buiult up AMerica and became states! and we didnt build this ! PArdon me Mr. Boy I just dont like this man
WOW, you didn't vote for him because of his name? Sounds like you are easily influenced!!!
@Lakota12 (42794)
nope that wasnt the only reason! but I follow my sveres too WHen you gt that bad bad feeling about somethng you DONT do it!
@debrakcarey (19925)
316,000 less jobs than when Obama took office. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/news/ap/politics/2012/Sep/05/how_weak_is_us_job_market__depends_on_your_numbers.html
You do the math Deb, if the numbers stay the same by December he will have a net gain. Not bad when you consider four years ago we didn't know if the global economy would still be standing at the end of the day!!!!!
@debrakcarey (19925)
http://money.cnn.com/2012/05/03/news/economy/unemployment-rate/index.htm http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2012/09/07/worse-off-in-2011/ There are almost 89 Million people out of work. The jobs that have been 'added' are food and beverage service jobs. Now, it you think we can run a first world economy on restuarant and bartender wages, you may be correct. But I don't think so. First sign of intelligence is to know you don't know all there is to know. I admit I don't understand the economy as well as I should, you on the other hand think you know better than the experts. What does that tell me? YOU'RE IGNORANT of what is going on and to insist you do understand just makes you look....
You would have to be a freaking idiot to vote for him again. I don't care what the media says about him or Romney, B.O. is the worse fiscal president we have ever had. Anybody who wants to challenge me can, I'm so sick of this guy getting a pass. Imagine he's the drunk girlfriend who steals your credit card after she screws you, then she runs it up buying stuff for her friends, then you get the bill. Tell me honestly that you wouldn't want to kick that stupid witch to the curb! You sure as hell wouldn't call her for a second date, if you do, you're more stupid than anybody is allowed to be and I see a nice cliff with your awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww written all over it. (BTW, this was not directed at you Fatcat44, it was directed at every kool-aid drinking dolt who think Owebama is some kind of hero/savior to the poor people of this world. Poor we can work with, stupid, no chance in hell!!!!!!!
Git, are you insane? Don't you remember forcing ALL major banks to take a money from the government so no one knew what banks were failing? Don't you remember losing 700,000 jobs a month under Bush? Don't you remember the treasury department meeting on the weekends deciding which banks would fail, and which ones would survive? I can't believe you people have that short of an memory. I think you have some women problems that you might want to seek help with!!!!!