If you had to pick just one chapter of your holy book

@urbandekay (18312)
What would it be and why? Either later or in another discussion I will reveal my opinion on this and give my reasons why but in the mean-time I hope to hear your differing views all the best urban
hmmmm. I would picked REVELATION... coz GOD revealed his good plan for all of us. Although there are some terrible or some anger or full of sorrows in the last day on EARTH but as a believer of GOD I am not afraid coz GOD already sealed my soul. I know I am a sinner but with the help of GOD and his forgiveness. I am forgiven.. I am longing for his return and if very fortunate to be in his kingdom, my soul would be so happy and be at peace together with my family. GOD give us more time to repent ourselves so while I'm still on EARTH I won't stop praising him and thanking for this opportunity to live the life that he gave me.
@urbandekay (18312)
Revelation is a book, not a chapter all the best, urban
@subhojit10 (7382)
Well i would love to pick that chapter of Mahabharat, one of the greatest holy book on earth, where Lord Krishna addresses Arjun and shows him the reality of life. The description is in so depth that it almost gets tears in everyone's eyes. What say?
@urbandekay (18312)
I think I am familiar with that from the Bhagavad Gita, is that one and the same? It is very poetic, as I remember it all the best urban
I don't have a holy book, but during my studies when I was involved with paganism, I came across the Seven Hymns to Inanna, and of those the seventh hymn, THE JOY OF SUMER: The Sacred Marriage, is my favourite. An Extract: The Queen bathes her holy loins. Inanna bathes for the holy loins of Dumuzi, She washes herself with soap. She sprinkles sweet-smelling cedar oil on the ground The king goes with lifted head to the holy loins, Dumuzi goes with lifted head to the holy loins of Inanna. He lies down beside her on the bed. Tenderly he caresses her, murmuring words of love: "Oh my holy jewel, oh my wondrous Inanna". After he enters her holy vulva, causing the queen to rejoice, After he eneters her holy vulva, causing Inanna to rejoice, Inanna holds him to her and murmurs" "Oh Dumuzi, you are truly my love". (From the translation by Samuel Noah Kramer in "Inanna: Queen of Heaven and Earth" Wolkstein and Kramer 1983) The Song of Solomon is, IMHO, a pale imitation, and came at least 2000 years after this Sumerian piece. Lash