Some relationships die a natural death.

It has been more than a decade and I wanted to make it last.However the compatibility rate showed 1 percent. My feelings were in turmoil. There was a very strong feeling which often melted in the silent hours of the night;an inner turmoil to tear myself away. There was simplicity, honesty and beauty used for specific circumstances. There were dictates of the mind and trials with the conscience. There was compromise and adjustment. There were dreams soaring high and emotions laughing at them.There were smiles frozen in vestibules of the past. There were disagreements and disillusions and plastic sophistication where natural beingness profusely bled.There were phone calls and sms texts measured and sent (to me) and I used to see the number of them (I sent)heavy on my cell. There were days with family issues sighing and crying and peace in thoughts of being together with the loved one.There were times when the ok-button was pressed deliberately, with me waiting patiently to share something on the other side. There was me listening and hearing out problems, often interpreting situations to obliterate clouds of pain,but there was no patient listener to mine.There was love openly displayed with someone else followed by marriage, settlement and family and I stepping aside to reach the arms of that Patient Listener,my Hero whom the world can in no way extricate itself from.
Compromise and adjustment is true of any relationship. I think we all fantasize about our relationships to some degree. There is a phase in the beginning called 'the honeymoon phase' because in the beginning each person is on their best behavior. It sounds like you have someone to talk to and that is so important. Love can hurt alot but it can also be a wonderful and endureing thing.
Yes, even I thought so many a times- will I be the same me if I get to stay with that person for quite a long period of time?Am I imagining things that in real life may not be real. Is it getting myself closer to the feeling that the world has so named? I don't blame anyone, for this has helped me to realise who I am, certain important values in life, help take some very important decisons. If love has hurt, it's only to help me realise that love has not been true, because true love gives and grows, love with attachment and sensuality hurts and pinches. It blocked my understanding that in so doing, I was not allowing myself or letting the other person be just us.
Being just us and letting love grow is important. If it isn't happening it just isn't.
@chiyosan (29388)
This does happen. For couples who have been together for quite sometime. i think we all go through some stage where we would feel the fatigue over something, in our relationships in the things we are often used to doing... i think we can never know but somehow relationships not sustained, revived must, and will probably go that route. i think that relationships is a constant work in progress.
Well, what I would call it is not a failed relationship, but a relationship that once was and has left in me no void. I neither crave, nor desire to revive it. It was destined to be and I was prepared for it, years back. I imagined it and shaped it and it happened. I don't have any regrets whatsoever. Every relationship happens for a purpose; to help us grow individually and spiritually.Everyone we come across is a passenger in the train of life.There are some who come and go, some who remain.
@WakeUpKitty (8711)
• Netherlands
This is what we call life and life experiences. We grow during time, develop ourselves, it's normal to find new interests, if you don't grow together in the same direction you both go a new way. To discover more about yourself, life, to reach your goals and destinations. Cherishing what you once had, the love and lessons given to you.