Prevention is better than cure

@shylade (3137)
I always believe in that. Prevention is really better than cure. As a parent I don't want to gamble on my son's health. So even if vaccines are really expensive, I had him vaccinated all the required vaccines and the special ones against deadly diseases. Recently he had his annual flu vaccine. Though vaccines cannot totally fight the disease or sickness, at least I am assured that the complications brought by it will be lesser. I read about an article correlating autism and vaccines. In the article, it was discussed how "silent whisper" against vaccines is circulating. One issue is that autism is being linked with mercury and that vaccines contains preservative thimerosal, which has mercury. But this does not proven since autism and mercury poisoning are two different cases. Studies conducted to check if thimerosal in vaccines really has a link with autism, but they found NONE. And even thimerosal is removed, the number of cases of autism does not change. So it may be safe to say vaccines are safe. If you are a parent, I know you want the best for your child. You want them to be healthy. And in this day when viruses and bacteria are mutating into something very deadly, vaccines will protect our children from death.
@jazel_juan (15767)
i have all those kinds of vaccines too for my kids because i love them and i know somehow it will prevent them from having those kinds of diseases. I know where these thoughts are coming from my friend and i understand that we as parents just want what is the best for our own children.
@shylade (3137)
That's right. We really want the best for our kids and I think having them vaccinated is one way to save for their health. Thanks for the response.
You know, my son was very delayed on his vaccinations. He did have all of the required vaccines until he was nine months old and then I decided to delay him because that was when all of the scares about vaccines being linked to autism started. However, he did start kindergarten this year and one of our state's requirements to start school is that the child be fully vaccinated. So, he is not completely caught up yet because the varicella and MMR vaccines require two doses and those have to be two months apart so he will not be caught up until the 21st of this month.
@shylade (3137)
Oh vaccines are really important nowadays. Here, it's a plus factor when you're child have complete vaccination when getting visa to go abroad. Thanks for the response.
@adhyz82 (36263)
the good way and opinion.. the cure of course need much money if there are indication that someone have some disease.. So prevention is the better way for checking if we have disease or not and it will avoid us for spending much money only for curing our disease
@shylade (3137)
That's true. You will spend more in curing but if you can already have a way to prevent then why not. Thanks for the response.
@ARIES1973 (9541)
• Legaspi, Philippines
This is always true in any situation. When I gave birth to my children I see to it that they had been given of the required vaccinations. I also choose the best vitamins and milk for them because I know if they will get sick, I will spend more money rather than keeping them in healthy condition all the time.