free of obligations, indebtedness

@nicanorr (1789)
Can you look straight in the eye of your fellowmen because you have settled all your obligations. indebtedness, borrowings, etc. from other persons, banks and other entities? Then you are a clean person with a clear conscience. Join here and make your response indicating your feelings.
@sishy7 (27606)
Realistically, it is almost impossible not to have any debts at all... I like to have a simple, conservative, and economical life; yet I cannot get away without having some debts. I do have a clear conscience, though, as I am paying my debts which are well within my means.
@nicanorr (1789)
I do believe in you that you can cope paying your obligations and importantly you've a clear conscience. So you can look straight into every man's eye. I hope more can live up to this kind of lifestyle.
@mensab (4207)
it is always difficult to assess whether we still have obligations or not. for examples, our indebtedness to our parents can not be repaid by any financial terms. the society that provides us this wonderful opportunities to experience the fullness of life, we can not repay it back. thus, we can only pay it forward as they say. and it begins in charity and generosity to others including our family.
@nicanorr (1789)
Hi, mensab! Thanks for responding. Of course the things you've mentioned are exemptions. What I mean are the debts in kind and cash one has borrowed and settled on time. This may also include backlogs in water or electricity bills, etc. If these things are paid then one is free of headaches. He or she can then express his joy and happiness.