do you search the net if you feel something strange in your health before you

see your doctor? I do it.. so I can be aware of the symptoms but sometimes it also has disadvantages like you tend to treat yourself as having a severe sickness. as you searched the net you worry more about the possible sick that you have.. it makes us sad but at least we are aware of the possibility. so guys do you also do this? share it please.
@silverfox09 (4727)
I normally do that , the net is so easily access theses days and most time I am correct . I look for symptoms on the net and I then look for causes and treatments lol then I go to the doctor and I was right . Sometimes I would say I could be a doctor . I dont get sad searching the net makes me more aware of what the problem is .
error with the reply excuse my double comment
yeah sometimes we could be a doctor coz we know the symptoms and we tend to ask deeper questions compared to those who don't have any ideas about their health condition and the possible treatment for it. searching the net has its own advantages and disadvantages.
no problem with your double comment.
I do my own research. I turn to legitimate sources, such as the NIH, to find out more about certain things. I will also go online to read journal articles to find answers to things. I like to go in well-prepared when I see my doctor; I want to be able to ask the right questions, and I want to be able to challenge things that (s)he says if they are not really in my best interests.
there are lots of legitimate sources of medical information online and it really helps us to be aware of the possible implications as well as our options.. and yes, there is no substitute of seeing our doctor. it's good to ask questions that really bothers us and not just accept what the doctor is saying. it's more of a confirmation of what we know when we consult the doctor.
As a nurse, I had lots of knowledge about common diseases and some rare ones, but yes I still look for some symptoms in the net or just read books that I have. Just an advise: If the symptoms you feel greatly affects you daily life, see your doctor because an "early detection is the best protection". Stay healthy and Good day
hi supersonic! thanks for wishing me a good health, I guess every one love to be physically fit even if it means losing their wealth... well, the internet can be helpful too and just like what you said I always read that prevention is better than a cure. I just check the symptoms and I consult my doctor. stay healthy too
Same with me. If I have had something wrong with my health even if it's just a headache I'll look on the net for the possible natural cure. When I have had a pain in my back I also look at the net for possible cause. And many things I concerned about my health I searched at the net.
i'm glad that I'm not the only one doing this well the net is free to use and all we need is go to the legitimate sources of medical information. if we consult our doctor immediately for minor sickness, that could be costly. why should we choose to spend when we can get it free, right?
@franne32 (696)
Of course, if I'm coming up with something, I usually rely on my doctor's advice. However, I also do some research regarding my doctor's diagnosis and the alternative cure for it.
I also love the alternative cure rather than undergoing in any risky and expensive operations. but of course I'll go for whichever is more beneficial to our health.
@Raine38 (8907)
I used to do this back when I was younger and I am not really that interested in taking care of my health. Like I have no second thoughts in working late nights, even overnights, or staying up late all week, or even working during weekends. It's like I have no fear for the consequences on my health. To top it off, I also don't eat healthy. Now that I am a bit older, I'd like to say that I also know better now, that I am not a superhuman and my health is something that I cannot leave to fate or chance. I also stopped googling up any symptoms that I may have, I go straight to my doctor for early diagnosis. I do look up my medicines though if ever my doctor prescribed me some. Also, I look up over the internet if I am not satisfied with the findings of the specialist or if I believe that he is missing something. Then I look for a second opinion.
well let's face it not all doctors are great and they are just humans not to have any mistakes. we need to search around, verify the medicines, or look for second opinions. after all what's involve is our own health, so we need to be extra vigilant about taking medicines.
@else22 (4319)
First of all,I am fortunately fit and well now and don't have any physical problems till now.But if I ever witness some disturbing symptoms,I would like to visit my doctor.I think,he is the best person to be consulted.In my opinion,it is dangerous to treat ourselves by viewing the net.Better visit your doctor.He will diagnose you and prescribe the right medicines.
oh definitely yes, we need to consult our doctor for the right medications. I just search the net, so at least I'm aware of the possible symptoms. well, good for you, stay healthy!
Haha,when i felt uncomfortable,generally,i like to serche the net. But because i didn't know much about it,so only depended on others'description,and myself's imagination,then you know,the situation become more worse . At last ,after saw a doctor,my heart start calming down,in fact,nothing happened to me.I was frightened by myself.Oh,my god.
it's really funny that because of our being health conscious we tend to search the net and try to understand those information. in my case I am learning a lot and I like reading something that concerns my health. all we need is to understand it to calm down ourselves. there is no replacement for seeing our doctor especially for severe cases. yeah sometimes we think worst but when we consult our doctor, we feel relieve to know that we are in good condition or it's not that bad as we thought before.
@silverfox09 (4727)
I normally do that , the net is so easily access theses days and most time I am correct . I look for symptoms on the net and I then look for causes and treatments lol then I go to the doctor and I was right . Sometimes I would say I could be a doctor . I dont get sad searching the net makes me more aware of what the problem is . .