Should I care about the back whispers?

What will you do if there is someone who talks to you normally everyday but says bad things about me on my back. I talk to female friend who tells me about this another girl who works at the same place where I work. This girl think that I flirt with her and then told my friend the same way, because she is also the friend of that girl. I don't like any of them much but what to do when this talk continues day after day. I already don't care much and if I start caring what I will do is go to that girl and I will tell her that I am really not interested in you, so stop telling your friends this flirt thing to them. Should I care about such back whispers? I hate when people do all this.
@asliah (11149)
hi, for me,i think we don't need to turn back and care to them instead we ignore them those people who talk or whisper something bad to us,actually i have encountered those people especially when i go to my work in the morning but i don't are to them.
@kiran8 (12896)
• Mangalore, India
Sanjay, such things always happen in life and some girls would like too make themselves very important and may even go go the extent of spreading rumors.I personally feel that you should confront her and ask her in a matter of fact manner whether what you heard was true, because the truth may also be different and unless we go head on and get to the bottom of it , there is no way of knowing it ! all the best and have a nice day
@ardoy0731 (6867)
If what she's saying are not true, don't bother at all cause every time that you got affected, it will give her the guts to spread rumors and gossips about you. I experienced that to a person that I assumed to be a friends but always back stab me.I got pissed at first but don't bother now cause giving them attention and time is not worth it.
I also get the same feeling and I wonder how she can say such things about me. I will stop caring now. That was the first thought that came to my mind and I think that is right. If I get angry or mad at her she will do it more, so if I care more she will do it more.
@bingskee (5241)
if it is not true at all, why bother? girls like to talk, and some of them talk too much. it is not really good but their intention was to get your attention, so why give them what they like? ignore.
@leahn011 (58)
no you shouldn't listen to those who back whisper, they only ruin your life cause back whisper is just like a devil that do everything to ruin people life. Continue your normal routine and don't get be affected / don't waste your time to those people. God knows the truth.
Look my friend,we should not let us affect ourselves with these kinda things but we must make ourselves very clear among others,so that there will be no chance of trapping in any kind of situation.
@alicia812 (648)
Hi Sanjay. Ignore this person. That is the best thing you can do for now. Also, when she is talking about other people in the workplace and telling you things about others, tell her that you are not comfortable Saying negative things about people and talking behind people's back. That way she'll get the hint somehow.
@Raine38 (8654)
Just keep your cool, say nothing and do nothing. If you try to defend yourself or to prove her wrong, your actions will just be taken the wrong way and it will just fuel the "whispers". Now if you're just silent and you give nobody any reason to doubt you and to believe her words, then eventually they will learn that she's just lying. As for interacting with her, just be casual about it. Do not avoid her too much and don't get too close either. Just enough for workmates. Soon, everyone will see for what she truly is and nobody would believe her accusations against you anymore. But this doesn't happen overnight. You have to be patient.