...I saw him again

I saw a fellow classmate who tries to sell me insurance. Not that I needed one. Anyway.I got one of my own even if it is relatively cheap. I only entertained my classmate because I thought that our meeting was just a social call but it turns out she has a business proposition instead. I listened to him politely and tried to ask questions. However, I gave him no guarantee that I will take an insurance from him. I already said that I was covered so there is no need to pay for an additional insurance if I am satisfied with my current one. I just hope he doesn’t ask me for a social meeting and press me to sign up. I think I might lose my respect and politeness if he tries to sell me things like that. It was pretty underhanded and although I understand, it’s barely agreeable to.
It is hard to say no sometimes especially if you are friends, that's why in as much as possible I stir away from people who sell insurances. I'm not very confident in this business. I feel that saving money in a bank is much safer
That is true. But some times friends should also understand your situation as you understand theirs.It's not-fair when you do all the understanding. It's kinda selfish that way.
@Raine38 (9195)
Something like this was pulled on me as well by an old friend, although it has nothing to do with insurance. So like, I was shopping at a mall and then we bumped into each other. We were classmates in elementary and we haven't seen each other in like 10 years or so. We were pretty close as we were always seatmates so I was really happy to see her and even more excited when she invited me out for lunch for some more catching up. I agreed and I cleared my next Saturday for her. So when that particular Saturday comes, I meet her at our agreed spot and she guided me to another mall. Thinking that this is where we will have lunch. I really have no idea at all. Then I was surprised when she guided me through a certain shop away from the restaurants and she said we will just be a couple of minutes there. Turned out that it was a marketing seminar to entice people to join their multi-level marketing and she wants me to sign up and be her downline. I was so upset! Selling isn't really my thing plus I am quite content with my day job, and lastly I don't appreciate the pretense of her wanting to catch up with me. To make it worse, the seminar lasted for 3 hours and just when I thought I can now go home, she wants me to stay still for a one on one "briefing" with her manager. This time, I put my foot down and insisted that I need to go home. She still texts me every now and then, but now I tell her outright that I don;t want to go out with her because her idea of fun isn't the same as mine. They say I am too harsh but I think I am just giving her the honesty and upfrontness that she seem to lack.
That happened to me for what...countless times. I am also disappointed by some of friends and classmates who are really in this business . Although I know that they can recruit by their family and friends, it's not nice to be caught unaware of this kind of meetings. At least,you there for three minutes.I think Iwentfor6 hours and i couldn't get away because the people who brought people there blocked the door. Made miss my dinner. I learned my lesson and learned only to accept invites for a specified period.Or else,I'm bailing. Like you,I made up a excuse. Luckily, my sibling texted me to go home or else I'll be reported to my mother. I think the suspicion that I was on a date. I would have better if it was a date. Not. The thing that I also hate in these activities is that you're made to feel like you are a complete loser if you don't join them. seriously,I tihnk I will lose more if I join them.
@riyauro (6428)
my hubby's sister is an agent and she gets on my nerve sometimes because of it. I used to work for a insurance company as sales manager and I know the pressure..lol, but it does not mean that you have to pester someone like crazy. One has to be able to pay the premium. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day ahead.
It's fine. Love to see the different side of that situation.Unfortunately, some agents are too aggressive and very much like to see if they can reach their quota. I know that it is their job but I think they should tone down the aggressive approach or people will avoid them like the plague.
here in the states that is very expensive to get. the other day my man had a meeting with someone who wanted $300 every three months and that he could not afford. he already has a few insurance policies as well. he has one in both his kids names and one in mine.
That's very expensive. The insurance policy that this guy offers is pretty much flexible. He just asks for the amount that I can give him every month. However, I cannot make that commitment because some of my money is already tied in other pales.In addition,my mother gave me one so i don't really see the point of getting another one for the same purpose. In some times,I don;'t even have extra money for myself.