The weather and traveling

@maximax8 (27333)
United Kingdom
I believe traveling in the shoulder season is best. It can be too pricey to travel in the peak season. In the low season maybe the weather at its worst like it might be the rainy season or the air temperature could be cold. I live in a country in Europe that has a temperate climate. It is pleasant to visit here is May, June and September which are in the shoulder season. November, December and January are the low season due to cold winter weather. July and August are the high season due to the summer holidays. Leaving the UK for a trip around the world low season is April to June. I think that November or February are better times to leave and are in the shoulder season. August and December are in high season. Have you traveled somewhere and had hot and dry weather? If so was it the peak season? Did you travel ever in the low season? If so what was your trip like? Would you take advantage of low fares in the shoulder season? What is your favorite sort of weather?
@wolfie34 (26820)
Whenever I travel, especially abroad I always go away in the early spring or late autumn, the prices are so much cheaper both flights and accommodation. The last time I went abroad was in 2007 when I went to Rhodes, I went in October and the prices were certainly more agreeable. It was also much cooler too. I certainly couldn't go to a hot country in the peak of the season, it would be far too hot for me. So I am lucky in that respect in that I prefer to travel when it's much cooler. Even when I go on holiday in the UK, I will travel in May or September. Have you noticed too that when the children are on holiday the prices go sky high!
@maximax8 (27333)
It is mean that when the children are on holiday the prices are sky high. I got given five hundred and fifty pounds vouchers for Thomas Cook. The price for one week in a bungalow in Cornwall was more than that in late July. It was even more expensive in August. We went in late July, almost as soon as the school term ended. It was lovely to drive down to Cornwall and go out for days by car from the bungalow. You know my usual sort of trip involves jetting off on a plane. I am pleased you visited the Greek Island of Rhodes in 2007.
@violann (437)
I prefer travel in the off season as rates are a lot more reasonable and I don't have to deal with huge crowds. I can take my time and not be rushed.
@maximax8 (27333)
I know what you mean about avoiding huge crowds. At the Mayan ruins in Belize and Guatemala I had a quiet time with very few other visitors. I arrived early at the one at Talum in Mexico. By eleven in the morning it was very busy with huge crowds. Tourist coaches by the dozen had come down from Cancun and the beach resorts nearby. In Caye Caulker the sky looked dull and many day trips were canceled. I was lucky that enough people wished to go on the manatee watching trip. Snorkeling in the Maldives the sea was too rough off the coast of Gan Island.
Hi Maxine, I buy my air tickets at a time when the travel agency sells it cheaper, but I can use it all year if I give the date then. If I change my dates, I have to pay a lot. I prefer to travel when it´s Winter in my country. I don´t like cold weather and it is expensive to keep the house heated. The ideal date for me is June to August. But sometimes it does not depend on me, but on other people I go with.
@maximax8 (27333)
Hi Marguicha. I am glad that you buy your air tickets when the travel agent sells it for the cheapest price. I visited you in March so that was your home country's autumn time. It was in my home country's spring time. I don't like a cold winter either. Yes, you went to St Maarten with a friend so I can see it sometimes is other people's choice when you travel. I hope you are feeling really well.
@ElicBxn (60762)
I have traveled to England 3 times. Once in May and the other two times in June. One June was, according to family friends who were living there at the time, the only week of summer that year had. When I went in 1995 with my mother, we only had one kind of rainy day, and that was the first one, by the end of the visit it topped 90º... 32º C. The last time was in 2003 and was the trip in May. Most of the visit was very nice, but the last full day was pretty miserable, with very cold rain, the driver who took us to the airport the next day said it snowed in Oxford where he had been! We were out at Stonehenge in that and all the roomie had worn was her sweat jacket, she got sick and I caught it from her. But she was already kind of run down because she hadn't been sleeping well.