Looking forward to my date with my Dad tonight!

@kemak28 (738)
I'm visiting my parents for a few days and my mom suggested she watch the baby tonight and me and my Dad go out to dinner. We are going to this Mexican restaurant down the road. Am so looking forward to a relaxing evening of margaritas, good food, and fun with my Dad :)
That was nice of your mom to watch the baby for you. Gives her some quality time and you too. I like mexican food. We have alot of mexican and japanese restaurants here where I live. We have a favorite mexican and a favorite japanese restaurant we like to go to. I think I like the japanese place the best.
@kemak28 (738)
I love Mexican food! I just never know what to order because it all looks so good. I have never eaten at a Japanese restaurant but I would love to try it.
I usually order the tamales. Seafood or chicken in them is so good. And then rice and beans. We have several good japanese restaurants here.
@kemak28 (738)
We didn't end up going...super disappointed. :(
@jillhill (37384)
That will be special for all of you....I bet grandma will love taking care of the little one while you have a break and special time with your dad! Have a wonderful time!
@kemak28 (738)
We are not going now. I am so bummed!
@GemmaR (8526)
It is great that you're able to spend some time with your Dad. It is easy to spend time with your Mum and do things like lunch out and shopping trips, but for some reason our Dads are the people who seem to get sidelined when we have our own families. I know that I would also like to spend a lot more time with my family as well, so maybe I should be trying a little bit harder to be able to do this while I am still able to. I hope that you have a really good time with your Dad, as it isn't often we get the night off just to be able to relax!
@kemak28 (738)
Very true about the Dads. The whole time I have been visiting them it's been me and my mom out doing stuff so this will be nice!
@kareng (7980)
What a nice thing for your mother to do! This sounds like fun and a great way for you and your dad to catch up on things over a nice dinner out. It will also be a great time for your mom to bond with your baby. I think you all come out winners in this situation. Have fun and enjoy your dinner date with your dad!
@kemak28 (738)
I know I thought it was really nice that she offered. And she is really looking forward to babysitting. I know she is really going to miss her when we go home.
That sounds like a very good thing to do with your dad. I wish my father was alive to spend time with me. Those drinks sound very good as well. One day I need to try one..
@kemak28 (738)
I'm sorry to hear about your dad : ( Margaritas are yummy! You should try