My daughter is NOT obese!!!

I had a doctor who had to see my Daughter say she was obese. She is 34lbs and two year and four months old. I carry her her on my back still for hours of the day. If she was obese I couldn't do that. You can see my daughters ribs she is not obese! Just because she has thick legs she is called obese? It is her body type. Her father and grandmother have thick strong legs! She isn't obese, she is Puerto Rican!
When doctors say this, they usually have a reasoning behind it. They do their measurements based on age and height. So them seeing your daughter weigh 34 lbs at 2 probably concerns them a bit. I know I weighed 30 lbs when I first started kindergarten at age 5. You may have to look into it a bit more and see what you can do to help your daughter live healthier.
She isnt skinny. She is as tall as a three four year old at 2.4. Thats how you know she isn't obese. The doctor just saw her age and weight not her height. Thank you for commenting. I know if she was a junk food eating coach potatoe having breathing problems I would be concerned but she is healthy. Thank you for the advice.
They probably just looked at her age and weight and didn't take into account her height, which is weird that a doctor would completely ignore height. But if the doctor looked at her then they should've recognized the fact that she's not obese like the charts say. Sometimes I think health care gets too involved in charts and paper work that they sometimes ignore the physical evidence right in front of them and only go off of what charts say
I don't think the doctor would say this if he did not have a good reason to say it. You might want to look further into what he is telling you. there are too many fat kids out here with parents just saying they are thick skinned.
I have posted picturs of my daughter so anyone can see if she is obese. She was chubby as a baby but not now. I see her ribs she can't be. Her legs are strong full of muscles. She out runs any kid her age she needs to play with older children. She is both tall and heavy. This doctor didn't take her height into factor. Our pediatrician laughed and said she is not obese but according to the weight chart it says she is above average in size. Now that I understand taking her height into account too. Thank you for commenting!
@ShyBear88 (17062)
Just because you can carry her on your back doesn't mean she isn't obese. Doctors base a person weight off of there age, and height and if her doctor says she is over weight and is obese that mean she is because they wouldn't tell you that unless it was true. You being able to hold her has noting to do with weather or not she is or isn't. My daughter is almost 2 and she is underweight for her age and height just like me. People carry fat in different part of the bodies and a doctor isn't judging where your body fat is being collect as to why they would say that. A doctor also takes in to account how active a person is meaning if they do a lot of sports or one sport a lot.
Good idea. I should for sure get her body fat checked to shut her down. She is all muscle and nothing jiggles so to say that is made of fat. She is chubby as a baby and got longer and leaner as she became active with crawling and walking after 6 mths of age. I think them saying she is off the charts is better than saying she is obese. Children aren't like adults in that they were born at the same time like a premie would be smaller at the same age as a full term baby would be.
@jillhill (37384)
I think everyone has to be skinny according to their charts. I know someone who is very thin and they measure body fat and according to them she was overweight...they can put their charts in the garbage can...if someone is healthy that is more important.
I can see how they have to take premies into account for the averaging of weight. Now adays woman get csections so they can have less weight and fit their births ino a schedule like for work. I am completely against it unless for health reasons to have induction it voluntary csections. They need to lift the averages higher and stop having everyone stop thriving to be skinny but healthy like body fat etc.
Don't feel bad, doctors also called my children obese!! They are healthy, not fat and not thin. They are perfectly healthy. It is ridiculous the way they are calling all children fat now a days. There are plenty of children that really are obese and they should focus on those situations, not call every single child obese!!! It makes me angry too, as you can tell. Lol.