The sole of my heels hurts so much...

@bjc66bjc (6745)
I had x-rays done and they claims they did not see anything...then when I mentioned it to my regular MD,,he said it is just probably an inflamation near the bone...He advised me to do toe curls and take a frozen bottle of water and just role my foot on it taking 15 minute breaks because its really cold... I've ben trying that and hopefully it helps my heel and its the bottom /sole of my foot.. He said if that really dosen't help I will have to go the foot doctor for a shot in my foot and I am not even considering that as an option. The strange thing is that it does not hurt contineously sometimes it does not even hurt too much...
@jenny1015 (13389)
Hmmm.....if you are still feeling the pain every now and then, then something might be really wrong. Have you had blood tests? If the results show that you have high uric acid then that may be the cause of the pain.Coz it might be a cause of arthritis. My husband is also experiencing it every now and then. he started feeling that when he was about 30 years old. He is now 41 and the pain comes back usually if he eats food like beans, cabbage, and liver.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Wow, thats interesting,,I actually just went to do my blood and urine test last week.. When I said its now and then I actually feel it everyday but it just hurt sometimes more than at other times..it really hurt more when I first get up in the morning and/or get up from sitting a while..But after that initial pain goes away I am ok..still hurts but not as much..just an ache instead of constant pain...
High Uric acid in your blood is related to gout and gouty arthritis. Sour cherries or cherry juice is good for that as well. Some people get that problem from too many rich foods. Gout is often in the big toes and in other joints.
hi gardengerty Ihad uric acid in my blood and the neprhologist said to take so mu ch pills of baking soda. so I did and it cleared that problem up but made me retain fluid in my legs from the sodium content so as soon as my blood got back to normal he took me off the soda pills.mine was caused by too much ibuprofin which my doctor used for my arthritis pain.it knocked that out but caused me to have albumin in m y urine.so more pill switching and now am fine in those regards.
Could it possibly be the shoes you are wearing? Or maybe you could try one of those Gel products that you put into the shoe. My daughter has tons of problems with her feet as well. I have a bad back, but no problems with my feet. But, when my shoes get worn down, like tennis shoes after a few months, and my back start to really hurt, I know it's time to buy some new cooshy shoes. Hope you figure out what it is..sounds awful.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
thanks Kashmere all those sounds possible but I don't even wear run down shoes or sneakers...but I did say I was going to try some of those gel soles for the shoes.. the thing is it dosen't hurt real bad all the times... thanks much for your response...I hope its corrected soon also...
It may not be run down shoes, but shoes that are not cushioned enough for you. Maybe you can keep track on when it does hurt and when it doesn't so much. There might be some sort of relationship to the problem. Maybe sometimes you are on your feet more, or on certain floors. Concrete is horrible for the feet. Most cashiers if you've ever noticed, have a floor matt of some sorts because of these problems. See if there is a method to the madness of this to some sorts.
@Suzieqmom (2763)
It sounds like plantar fasciitis, which is inflammation in the heels of your feet. The water bottle and exercises do provide some relief, but cortisone shots are often required to reduce the inflammation. Sometimes people also require physical therapy and/ or surgery. One of the best things you can do is get custom-made orthotics, which help reduce the pressure in the problem areas. Note that if what you have is plantar fasciitis it can take months ot longer to heal. How do I know so much about this? Because I recently developed this problem myself! I have been to podiatrists and physical therapists, and it has been a long process, believe me. But it is getting better. Mention this to your doctor and see what he/she says. Good luck!
@bjc66bjc (6745)
WOW, Suzie, thats exactly what my regular MD called it... plantar fascitis..I just could not remember what he called it but thats it.. Its incouraging to know that it does get better,,, thanks so very much.. Thats one reason I like mylot so much, there are so many people here that are so experienced and knowledgeable.. Susie, Kudos to you!!!!!
@Suzieqmom (2763)
Thanks. I really hope yours gets better too --I know the pain can be excruciating. Another thing that seemed to help me was "boots" that you wear to sleep--they are not really boots because you can't walk in them, but they strap around your feet and hold them upright in place. Although they can be annoying at first, keeping your feet in this position while you sleep really does help. See if your doctor can give you one or two. Good luck!
Sometimes you get things like tendonitis, heel spurs and plantar fasciaitis ( spelling is all wrong). Heel spurs might show, but they would not be on the sole of your feet. Get some really good, cushiony insoles, like Dr. Scholl's gel or some heel cups to put in your shoes. Wear good shoes with support like good athletic shoes or SAS shoes. Walking on concrete or on floors that are laid on concrete seem to make it hurt worse. I have used Casaicin cream when my feet hurt, or soaked them in hot epsom salts. I find that ginger, like in a tea, or even just candied to chew helps a lot as well. For some people the shots help, but maybe instead the foot doctor would give you a custom insole to take the pressure off.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Hi Gerty, one of mylotter have exactly what I have,,,its called plantar fasciitis, thanks to Susie in this post discussion.. I just could not remember what my doctor said it was..medically. But the inspiring thing about it she says it does get better... Thanks so much for responding and your suggestions...
Yep, suzie could spell it right and I could not. I have known people who have had it and gotten over it, it is an inflammation, like you said. I hope you begin to see some relief.
@911Ricki (13602)
Could it be a build up? I know they told my Grandma to do the whole bottle rolling (not saying she didnt have a few swigs with it), but she eventually went back and it was a build up on her heel.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Ricki, lol you are funny....I don't really know what a build up is...there is nothing on the sole of my foot. the doctor said he thougt it was a inflamation since the X-ray didn't show anything... but not a spur...
@911Ricki (13602)
I'd have to ask her again, I cant remember exactly what it was. But she had pain in the heel, she had xrays and they couldnt find anything. But she changed her diet a little, and it disappearred. Sometimes it comes back, but she knows what to do. Could it be arthritis or something such as a strain? I remember when I was working a couple full time jobs I was always standing, so My heels got the blunt of it. Also, I got that when my b12 was really low - did you have a blood test?.
@winterose (39918)
could it be happening when it is damp or humid outside?
@bjc66bjc (6745)
thanks winterose..i haven't noticed that being the case.. because even when I put my shoes on to go out, I have no problem when I walk..
i had a bone spur on one heel and finally I had to have a cortisone injection into the bone but they numb the area with something so you do not even feel any pain just pressure.then when the numbness wears off the cortisone has already stopped the pain.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Hi Hatley it called plantar fasciitis..thats what I have. Another mylotter in this discussion has the exact same thing but when she mentioned the name it was the same thing that my doctor had mentioned to me, I just could not remember the medical name he called it, but this is what he said it was... Thanks for your response,,,but he did say it was not a\spur...