I am so tired of going to work everyday.

And making such little money for all I am doing. I really can't wait to pass my test so I can make the money i deserve. Making 50% for my hard earned work is not cool with me. I am getting all my books this week and I am going to be studying my head off. I deserve so much more and I am not feeling that goo about going to work everyday. it took me about two hours to braid the ladies hair not to mention about another hour to sew it on. I can't keep doing this and get no where with it. thank goodness I get to do my hair for free. Have you ever braided someones hair and weaved it with needle and thread.. Do you even know what I am talking about here could you relate to me at all here? thanks. have a great weekend.
This will strengthen your will and patience which is so necessary for our survival. Take it as an opportunity to develop your personality.
I will do this and hope it works out for the best for me. thanks a lot.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Wow 2 hours to braid someone's hair just to cover it up with a weave...thats a lot of work... I am with you, the sooner you get yourself together with your own license the better off you will be...I can imagine that you are tired of standing on your feet for hours like that... then to realize exactly what you made and hae to split that with the boss is for the birds...
I can't even begin to tell you how it is making me feel. I know it will get better once I get my licence and another place to work.
@sid556 (31006)
I have done braiding but never the sewing thing that you are talking about. Hang in there. Once you get your licence then all your options will open up for you. Being able to get your own hair done for free is a pretty good perk and don't you get tips?
I get some tips and that is good. but,most people don't tip us.
@sid556 (31006)
Oh that is horrible that you don't get tips. I really get angry when people say they don't tip for certain services because those people get paid so little and rely on tips. I would never dream of going to get my hair done, walk into a resteraunt or order take-out food without making sure that I had enough cash to tip the person! That is so rude. Heck, I sometimes order a pizza from the place next door to where I work and because I can't leave the store, they bring it to me. I tip them as well. They at first would argue with me that they only walked it over next door but I made them take it. They went out of their way for me and they deserved it as far as I'm concerned. My daughter worked at a Marriot Hotel which is a pretty expensive chain. She cleaned rooms. She said that MOST people that stayed there also did not tip!! I was shocked. I thought it was common knowledge that you tip for these things! When we rented a cottage on the beach a few yrs back for 3 days, I wasn't sure what you were supposed to tip the person that cleaned your room when you left. I didn't want to be cheap so I left her a 50.00 tip even though we left it pretty clean for her. My daughter told me that was way over the top!
@KrauseHome (34982)
I can relate with this one. There are many days I feel like this, and it is hard sometimes to motivate myself to get there. Wishing I had more time to be online and relax more, etc. Just learn to take time for yourself, and find out about being able to take breaks if you need too. Wishing always the Best.
I get breaks between each customer and that is good. but,the problem is when I have to take hours to braid someones hair and then get paid so little money.
@Blondie2222 (21238)
If i wasn't making much money like you are now then yeah i would be tired of going to work every day and not getting paid for all that I do. I hope you get to get you're license soon so you can start earning what you should be earning. I don't makea whole lot at my job either but I'm just lucky I have a job because not alot of people do. I don't like getting up at 530 every morning to go to work but I do it because I have too If I want a roof over my head. Except this week I don't have to go to work at all I took a week vacation so I'm going to enjoy sleeping in and just having peace n quite and a stress free week. Hope your work starts picking up for you and you can earn more money.
I am trying to live and take care of myself without needing the check I get once a month. I think it will be possible after I get my exams done.
@cutepenguin (6457)
We're struggling here, too. And I could be making more but because I have to bring my son with me quite often, I am not raising my rates. So I'm working harder, but not making veyr much money.
I really feel bad for you as well. I wish you could at least afford a baby sitter while you were working.
I'm surprised you are allowed to do hair at all without a license. I couldn't even get a job WASHING hair without a license. The way I see it, it's like you are in school and you are learning new techniques. If you are getting half pay that is more than you had before. Most people in training don't get paid. I went to nursing school and worked a lot of hours during clinical. Students don't get paid. For general purposes it's like you are a student. You will really appreciate it when you get your license and get full pay. Take all the time to learn your practical and your book work. It might take a year to prepare. You can't just cram and expect to know everything. Try to be patient with yourself. You are worth all your efforts and you WILL succeed.
I cna legally work in any shop in the united states as long as I don't cut or use a chemical service in a patrons hair. which means I can braid,wash,and do almost anything else even be used for hard labor..
@WakeUpKitty (8707)
• Netherlands
You just started with this job and for the moment it's the only way to have a job and make an income. I do understand you are tired but you have to invest first to get what you want. This is normal, no matter what age you (we) are. It's a good thing you make plans for your future and will start studying. In the meanwhile be happy your hair is done and stay alert so you will be able to see all the new (tricks). I only braided my daughters hair. My eldest her hair is over 1.40 meter long so hours of work (and pain in the back). The youngest I am doing once in a while takes about 2 hours (or longer).. taking it off takes a lot of time as well. But I can't refuse although I wish she had better hair (hope it will come in time) it doesn't last great for long, it's too fine.
I know all about that being I would spend hours braiding kays hair as well. It is good that she can do her own hair these days. Even though I have done it a few times at the shop.
@alberello (4755)
Well, I understand perfectly, in fact work, especially as your in the long run can be tiring. You must, however, at least for the moment, thank you have a job that guarantees you a bit of money. Now I think that you should try to do is to improve your position working for your life. I read that you have to pass certain examinations, perhaps to graduate? I'm sure you can do it. However, you know that I have no job, no money and therefore, at my age (37 years), is very serious!
I do hope you find something soon because times are so hard for all of us. I am working on getting on my feet and making a good living for my family...
I am sorry that you are working long hours and are not getting paid fairly. I am glad that you have your books so you can study. I hope you can find a better job soon. I am not sure of all that is involved in hair weaving, but I can tell you how it feels to be overworked and underpaid. Randy was always told to work long hours and never got compensated for it. As a matter of fact there were times when Randy's boss would try to cheat him out of pay and if it were not for me to keep track of his hours and have him photocopy his time sheet his boss would have gotten away with it.
I think you did a great job recording his hours. I am glad we keep track of mine as well.
@trisha27 (3505)
I have never braided someone's hair, but I've had my hair braided. It took way longer then that like 6 hours and omg it was agonizing. I have a lot of hair though too. So maybe that is why it took so long. But I do know what you mean when you say you are tired of working a job that doesn't pay enough. All the work you do and your pay doesn't show for it. I'm in the same situation, I'm really ready to get out of it, so I'm looking for a better paying job as well as planning on going to school. Cause I'm really tired of this pay I'm getting with all the work I'm doing. Its not worth the stress. So, I understand what you are going through. It is good that you are going to school though, so that you can make more money. Keep working towards that. I know I will.
I hope your going to find that new job soon. It is great knowing someone knows how I feel about this.
@ajithlal (14568)
I think you should take a break or holiday once in a while. I thin you should try to look for new job if you feel you are feeling tired of the job. I hope you get a god job and a better pay in your job. I think most probably the current job is very difficult for you. Hope you get a better job soon.
I can't get a new job till after I get my exam and pass it. I will have to stick it out here with this one.
@Tina30219 (32791)
• Onaway, Michigan
I know you can pass that test and I am rooting for you you deserve so much better than this.I know what you are talking about when it comes to braiding and weaving someones hair I have seen it done on TV before. I am looking forward to seeing the post I passed my test and that you got you a job somewhere else doing hair.
I can't wait to make that post myself. I have all the books coming to me to study. I will be gone fora while since I need to study but it will be worth it.
@Tina30219 (32791)
• Onaway, Michigan
You study hard it will all be worth it for the time missed being here. And you are so right it will be so worth to be gone for a while.
@entrep (60)
Just be patient and humble though. You'll be granted with great blessings in doing so. :)
@winterose (39922)
you are still getting your disability and that money many people are in worse off shape than you.
@asliah (11149)
hi, i also feel that especially when i go to my work every morning of weekdays because i will the faces of ugly sales again and will surely ruin my day again,i love my work but because or the rude attitudes of the sales department boss it will change that feeling but because i still need money so i still need to go to work.
I know absolutely nothing about braiding and weaving hair, so that is not something that I am able to sympathize with you on. However, because of the experiences that I had when I was waiting to get my certification for nursing, I do know exactly how you feel about being one that is putting in all of the work and getting only a portion of the pay that you have rightfully earned. I do have to say, however, that you are lucky that you are actually getting paid while you are waiting to be able to take your test because there are a lot of people that spend months doing practical work in the hair field and the only income that they have at all is tips.
@blue65packer (11835)
I do know what you are tlaking about. You are putting in hair extentions or a weave. I have never done that or had it done. At the college i work at alot of college students,the girls, have the weave done or have hair extentions done. Sometimes it looks good sometimes it looks awful! I guess it has to do with the person who does it and what the person wants.
hi gifts I got a picture of what weaving hair is about and it looks like a big job an should be paid that way too.I know braiding hair is a job so weaving has to be even more of a job and y ou should be paid for that too. but if you get your license then you should be ab le to work for much more money.now relax on this weekend and enjoy yourself and do not worry about work yet. okay?