White Noise is like a flat line of death.

white noise - http://www.google.com.ph/imgres?q=white+noise+images&hl=en&sa=G&biw=1024&bih=636&tbm=isch&prmd=imvnsa&tbnid=QVwUVKp6-5UF5M:&imgrefurl=http://siliconangle.com/blog/2010/09/13/the-fcc-considering-airwaves-for-wifi-goodbye-hotspots/white-noise-tv/&docid=FqPen2eVDISiLM&imgurl=http://siliconangle.com/files/2010/09/white-noise-tv.jpg&w=400&h=350&ei=bTdoULOKGoSiiQK10IGQDw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=411&vpy=170&dur=2100&hovh=210&hovw=240&tx=117&ty=97&sig=107221525924359915142&page=4&tbnh=150&tbnw=171&start=55&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:55,i:273
I feel so frustrated today. The TV screen is like a flat line of death. The only thing you can hear is a white noise from the TV. I felt irritated with the eerie sounds. I took the liberty to have a little investigation, the TV cable was cut down due to a crashed incident on the cable post on our street last night. When I heard that, it is like needles stick in my heart. I hope the passengers are fine from that accident. The cable company promised to fix it not later than tomorrow. To be honest, I can't leave without viewing on a TV. I missed the morning news for today. The alternative thing to do, is to watch movies.
@911Ricki (13602)
You could always watch the news on the internet instead of the TV. I dont watch much TV myself so this wouldnt bother me any.
@adforme (2116)
I was living without television for two years at one time. I would come home, listen to news, music, and talk on the radio. It was very good for me. I thought of it as quite peaceful and soothing to my mind and soul. Don't get me wrong. There was music and talk radio which offered some stimulation. I could hear what was going on moreso than see it.
I had the same scenario, when I was placed in an isolated area for a year. It is a mission, you can check on my blog. I managed not to have TV that time, since the availability is not there. Thanks
@adforme (2116)
You are welcome. Some people should try life without television. It really can be a way to discover how to be informed through your own eyes.
@inertia4 (27713)
I like TV. But I do prefer to watch movies. I think watching a good movie is way more entertaining then TV anytime. I watch the news sometimes, but I get most of my news online these days. I prefer the computer and the internet over traditional TV.
It is nice to have the time surfing the net. I do agree it will be so handy. Thanks.
@inertia4 (27713)
You're welcome. I find the internet much more entertaining. But reading a good time passer and enjoyable.
White noise is one of those things that drive people crazy because its just noise. You can't make a song out of it and it sounds like an annoying bunch of bugs. I've never been in the situation where a pole got knocked over and the cable went out. I've been thorough a tornado and it knock out our power and that takes away everything.
That's really an experience, the tornado struck your place. I do experience with natural crisis, when we had a strong earthquake last 1990.
@asliah (11148)
hi, that is irritating one and annoyed me too especially for me because i can only watch some movies both foreign and local to the cable channels so if this will happen to me i will surely feel bored at home but thanks to my computer because i can watch some movies at internet.
@bestboy19 (5482)
Couldn't you listen to the radio to hear the news?
@blue65packer (11835)
I have had this happen to me before. It was cable,too. I was worried it was inside but the cable man found out it was with the lines outside. So I didn't have to pay for the repairs! I couldn't watch tv like for 2 days! It sucked but at least I have my computer to go and keep track of the news!
@RobtheRock (2485)
I didn't have cable TV until the Olympics. I wanted to see the Olympics and Jessie J. Cable TV is okay, but I really don't need it that much. I can see what I need on the Internet since I am on the Internet all of the time. I didn't have enough in my budget so I had to cut my Cable down to a couple of channels. It's really not that necessary. I also have a lot of DVD and VHS movies I can watch. So I am never bored. Soon, I will start socializing with people again.
You may have to watch movies if you get tired of spending time with us on MyLot. I too, hope that the people involved in the crash are alright. I guess you can listen to the radio, even if you have to do it through the computer, to get the news and know what is going on.
@HomeBase (1054)
Yes, hopefully the passengers of that car are fine. It can be terrible when things like that happen. As far as your TV viewing (or lack thereof)goes, you'll get through it Can't you turn on your radio to hear a bit of news? Hopefully your cable will be back on in no time.
@sanjay91422 (2728)
It is funny that you are writing it a white noise, it is not a white noise but it is a white screen which is making some irritating noise. It will always happen if you cute down your cable. It is like trying to see the world with your eyes and ears closed. you will get nothing.