Eating cold food

I went over to my mother-in-laws this evening and ate a cold meatloaf sandwich. Some times some foods are better the second time around and not heated. Are there any foods that are as good cold as they are hot? Cold chicken is another good food I like to eat cold.
I like fried chicken cold and I love pasta cold with meat sauce. I don't know if I could eat meat loaf this way because of all the grease it has. the other food I can enjoy cold is pizza.
I used to make some good cold pasta salads with meat and cheese. I would not want something really greasy cold, but not all meatloaf is greasy. Fish, especially baked fish, would be good like this as well.
My vegetarian chili is just as good, if not better, cold than it is when first cooked. The same is true of some of my lentil dishes.
• Southend-On-Sea, England
Yes, definitely. I think fruit pies are good both hot and cold. Some meat pies can be good cold, depending on the type of pie it is and the meat used. I think as you've mentioned, that chicken actually tastes better cold than it does hot.
Cold chicken is a good example. That one is the first that comes to mind. Also, cold pizza.
@911Ricki (13602)
Pizza and turkey for me depending on my mood. I've never tried cold meatloaf, I actually havent had meatloaf in a long time.
Cold chicken or egg salad sandwich are good cold..People also don't mind cold pizza..
@winterose (39918)
Well I don't like meatloaf so I wouldn't like that sandwich lol, but chicken is good cold or hot, ham is good cold or hot, potatoes (like cold potato salad vs hot potatoes)roast beef, submarines made with steak or various cold cuts, I like cold pizza, and the list goes on.
@jillhill (37383)
Cold meatloaf sandwiches was always one of my son's favorites...so my mother always had a meatloaf in the refridg for my son when we visited....I like cold pizza....not need to heat that up.....and like you said chicken is good cold too.
@RitterSport (2452)
• Lippstadt, Germany
hi dear friend, I am so glad I am not alone doing this. That cold meatloaf sandwich sounds like a great snack. I also love cold chicken and cold meats in general. They make a super snack.
@kemak28 (738)
cold meatloaf sandwich actually sounds good! My favorite cold foods are leftover fried chicken or pizza.
@laglen (19782)
I have to say hands down is cold pizza. After that, cold fried chicken. then maybe ham. hhhmmm..... getting hungry!
@natliegleb (5184)
its kind of not good to eat anytime since the taste is horrible for sure and they dont smell good either
@jenny1015 (13389)
Cold chicken sandwich is the one I love eating. This just crossed my mind now....On my wedding day, we held the reception at a hotel. I guess my in laws and their siblings weren't so fond of the appetizers served. they were cold cuts. Since my husband and I were seated on a separate table, I really couldn't understand what they were whispering about, but for sure it was about the food. And I was thinking what food did I choose that wasn't good enough for them. So when the waiter came over to place the appetizer on my plate, then I realized it was the cold cuts they were talking about. They are not used to eating them cold. They eat it cooked with oil! I was trying myself not to laugh so hard about it.
@Raine38 (9116)
Cold tuna sandwiches! And cold cereals for me. I know, it kind of sounds weird but then again, I am weird. :)
@Blondie2222 (22171)
I can eat cold pizza and spaghetti. There's some things i can't eat cold though because it just doesn't taste the same. Another thing I can eat cold after it's been cooked is ham and turkey both favorites and good for cold sandwiches.
@rog0322 (2834)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hi, I am averse to cold food unless it is designed to be eaten that way. Cold drinks is more compatible especially during extra hot weathers. Hot food is also preferable here hot weather or cold, more so during cold weathers. Cold foods that I take include ice cream, mango float (biscuits with mango wedged in between, topped with cream and frozen, eaten cold), pizza, or sashimi. However, there should be side dish hot enough to offset the cold.
If I do not have my maid around and when lalziness takes the better of me then I will make do with anything cold than having to steam it and this is when I have plans to eat the left overs from the fridge!
@se7enthbird (8328)
my wife eats a few selection of food that are cold. i myself would rather take it warm. but one time when i was working abroad and they served me cold soup for a summer day i find it very refreshing. when i went back to my country where i live i tried the food that my wife eats as cold and i appreciated now the reason why she wants to eat that cold. i guess there are food that is best to eat when cold.
Cold ham and cold turkey come to mind. I am already getting in Thanksgiving mode. Really lots of roasted meats are good cold. I do not care for things that are greasy cold, though.
@violann (437)
Cold ham (not lunch meat) also cold turkey sandwiches are good.