should i accept friend request of mylot member with less than 10 posts!

@kai9999 (1703)
when ever i accept a mylot member as friend with less than 10 posts, it turn that i receive a spam message. this doesn't mean that every new mylot member would send spam message, what will you do to prevent this spam messages. in my case, i am waiting a while before accepting.
@echoforever (5192)
I have accepted two last night. One I was chatting with in a discussion and he seemed nice. The other I hadn't seen anywhere. The second one sent me a spam message and now is deleted. I accept those whom want to add me but there are a few criteria that will probably get you deleted after awhile or in this case, right away, because I don't deal with spam. Those criteria are: If they're filling up my "friend's started page" with tons of started discussions that aren't really necessary. If you're just writing say a few each day because you enjoy to write your own than to respond to others- That is fine with me it doesn't bother me. But I had one person who wrote like 20 every day! And it drove me crazy to go through all the pages to see other people's writings. Actually that was the only other thing that I deleted someone for. The rest of the people are safe!
@kai9999 (1703)
you are right, one of the user who send me friend request is no longer has an account in mylot. it looks like mylot deleted the account...
If so he had done something against the violations and he needed to be removed. Or he/she did not like myLot and left. Either way we are better off without that one.
@mysdianait (64056)
That is like saying 'should I put sugar in my coffee or not?' Whether you accept a user with less than 10 posts is entirely up to you. Certainly not all users with less than 10 posts send spam messages. Many do, but so do many users with over 1000 posts too. I accept anyone who sends a request and has either interacted with me somewhere or particapted in a topic where I was active but that might not be an idea that you find will suit you. Accepting friend requests, or not accepting them, is a personal choice.
@kai9999 (1703)
usually i consider every member here as my friend. when they send me a request i instantly accept it but with last encounters of spam messages (spam messages are not new to me, my gmail account is filled with it) but their isn't any filter option like gmail in mylot. hope mylot can introduce a feature similar to gmail spam control!!!!!!
@mysdianait (64056)
A perfect example of how everyone is different here! I don't consider every member here as my friend. Those who join and start spamming, plagiarising or whatever else in their first posts will never ever become my friends. They can send all the requests they want but they will never get onto my list. Respect is first and foremost for me among friends and those who don't respect myLot are unlikely to respect me, or our friendship, either.
I have got spams on a few occasions and it is not a pleasant feeling obviously. However, I do not count number of posts to accept a friend request, number of posts do not signify anything. If quality is concerned, the post itself will reflect that.
@ztuberi (396)
I think so. For me, I accept and request friends even they are new, because we can help each other that way. In case of spam messages, maybe we cant really avoid them.
@deazil (4547)
I look to see what discussion/responses they've posted to see if I might be interacting with them in the future. If they have nothing in common with me and I'm not interested in their discussions I probably won't accept. By accepting I would be filling my mailbox with notifications for too many discussions I have no interest in. I've already done this once and the person blasts out a ton of discussions in one day that I have no interest in. My mailbox is full enough as it is. Of course I solved that by turning off the notification for that member, but I think you get my point. Then again, some people want to be friends with everybody. Bottom line - it's up to you. Happy mylotting!!
@aabuda (1729)
I think since he has already 10 posts, then it doesn't mean that he is already sending spam messages. Maybe, he just wanted to connect with you and that he likes your comments or post here in mylot, that is why he wanted to be friends with you...
The decision is totally yours. But what I do is, I hardly send any requests and whatever requests I receive I will only act on them after I see their performance. I have a number of friends' requests pending.
It entirely depends to you, of course. What I usually do is to check the member`s profile and read the few posts and answers he has so as to see if we`ll meet again later or he`s just wanting to be frieinds with everybody. I have heard about people bragging that they have over 1500 friends in FB. It`s difficult to have real friendship with that amount of peoplñe, yet probably it does no harm. If someone spams you, you can always delete him.
@lifes97 (885)
• United Arab Emirates
why not, the old members just like the new are all the same and no differnet between them i mean if you are lucky you will have good one from old memeber or new but it has nothing to do with the post tehy type or answer to it right what
Hi,I am new here and i do appreciate mylotters who have accepted my friend requests and keep on posting and making responses on my discussions...and for me i will do the same thing to any new member too...It's all up to them if they are willing to continue or not. As a new member, i really enjoyed taking time reading different stories and problems,giving my opinion and suggestions is my way of getting closer to them, and being a part of it really amazed me too.
@jenny1015 (13389)
I don't think the number of posts should matter. What should matter is the content of his/her posts or how he /she expresses his/her thoughts. If you think that a Mylot user is interesting with regards to how he/she shares his opinions, then that should help you decided whether to add or not.