My best ideas

I've been a writer for almost as long as I can remember. The first time that I really discovered the joy of writing was when I was in elementary school and had to write a story for a Young Author's contest. Since that time, I've wanted to be a published author. When I was a teenager, I started a manuscript for a book, but I lost that work for a long time and then when I found it, I just cannot pick up where I left off. But, today, I was taking a shower and all of a sudden a thought came into my head of a combination of things that have really happened in my life and a fantasy and I think it will be great fodder for a novel. I hope to start writing it tomorrow (I'm only putting it off to tomorrow because I'm really tired right now). So, for all you writers out there, do you find that there is a place where you best ideas come to? When you get an idea of something that could be a great idea for a piece of writing, do you start writing right away or do you wait a day or two to let the plot start to come to you? I really look forward to learning more about the process that other writers go through in their work.
• United Arab Emirates
I really don't have that spare time to write for personal goals or desire, am mostly geared towards writing for clients, which is more tasking and leaves no time for other chore. Am always busy writing on topics that are vast, which needs a lot of research in a short time, maybe 3hours and with the abundance of work at my desk I really need to work fast. Concerning ideas, we all have different time or ways of getting ideas, though I believe when someone's mind is at peace and their thoughts are geared towards their writing desire, then such ideas pop into mind, there is no better way to go about this than writing such ideas down, either on any word processor, on computer or mobile device, it could also be on a piece of paper, such ideas and points might be the key value needed to achieve a bestseller.
I like writing online and I do this when I have the time. However, I don't want to completely tether myself to this because of the fact that I want to be free to work on the ideas that I really have for things that will be self-fulfilling. I might go through the effort of writing my own book and maybe no one will ever read it, but I will feel fulfilled because of the fact that it is something that I want to do for me.
I do think that research is something that is very important for people to be willing to do when they are writing. I had some classes in school that taught me how to research and I see a lot of other people that aren't able to research at all.
• United Arab Emirates
Research is the daunting part of writing, without research our writing are limited in the areas of facts shared. That depth of knowledge lacks and that mostly makes our readers bored with the article or maybe book. No matter where I write or what I write, I find that research is the most needed part of the work. It has to proffer an array of knowledge which the reader might be looking for. It also helps us build faithful readership on anywhere our writing are posted.
I write too. After getting introduced to online writing that writing I cannot say comes from within but through surfing and compiling data per se. But I did write one that came from my heart which was titled 'happy moments' The experience that I had when I went through my road accident was inspiration to pen those words. And as for poems yes, I get the inspiration with happenings around me. I wrote one looking at how youngsters live today. I have a small collection of poems all inspired by one thing or another. I have written on my pets, when my husband retired, when the one who I cared for drifted from me and so on. My wishes are with you. Do go ahead and fulfil your dream
I honestly don't think that there is too much that is going to keep me from fulfilling my goals. With that said, I do some of the online writing like you do as well and a lot of times it does seem to be very cut and dried. However, I choose to do a lot of my writing about crafting because that is something that I know a lot about and something that I really enjoy doing in my life as well.
I must confess I have earned quite a penny doing those articles but at the cost of cramping my style. I have now decided to give it a break and slowly get into writing with gay abandon expressing my thoughts the way I want them to. Here is one poem I write when my husband was about top retire: Retirement Bliss Not Blues When retirement age draws near, There lurks an unknown fear, Of being a nobody……. Once a somebody!! How faulty this thinking is, When life gets a fresh lease, To do what one really wants, With none to boss with shouts and taunts. Doing things at a tarried pace, No more to rush or race, Stopping by to smell the flowers, Sitting by the sea for hours. Relaxing in ones favourite chair, With no tension, not a care, Doing what one wants to do, With hobbies revived and interests too. Plenty of time to cheer the weary, Share it with the said and dreary, The world needs these mature minds, Among them are some rare finds. Cheer up all you about to retire, The world as you think is not on fire, Move forward with a healthy mind, And happiness, you are sure to find.
The idea of writing with gay abandon is a great thing. The poem that you've shared here is wonderful and I imagine that you have a lot of other great poems in your collection as well.
@joliefille (3696)
I find that my light bulb moments frequently come to me during taking a bath or when I am relieving in the loo. Sorry but it's the truth. When I get an idea, I would usually put it off which is a shame. I had this resolve last week that I would write a novel about my past love story. I would write thoughts and sentences as they come to me. Who knows I might be surprised what I would come up with.
• United Arab Emirates
Putting off ideas due to believing it's a shame is not advice able, most writers would kick against that as it should be noted that ideas, when put down, written could be later revised and would definitely turn out to be a better work. That is how writing works, with little efforts ideas scribbled down ends up as best-sellers, quite unbelievable but it does happen.
No need to be sorry that your ideas come to you in the bathroom because it is the same for me. The idea that I had for my novel is something that is based on my real life in a loose way and also something that deals with some of the worries that I have for my life. Right now I am trying to think of a way that I could change it up so that the people who would be somewhat represented in the story wouldn't really be aware of the fact that it is something about them.
@jillhill (37384)
Some of my best ideas come when I am scrubbing the floor and cleaning the house. I think your mind has time to go deeper into the subconscience when you are preforming tasks that don't need any brain work.
That is probably the truth. We do our best thinking when there is really not something else that is completely occupying our minds. Thus the shower for me because it is the time that I really am the most relaxed.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
I think that it depends on the individual person. When I wrote for the Sunday newspapers, I would often jot down an idea on a scrap of paper until I learnt to keep a notebook in the car at all times. Sometimes, I would type something at random and then build an article or a story around it. I have never even attempted a full length novel as that needs careful planning as to what goes in each chapter and the characters of each person mentioned. I do not have that kind of talent. I wish you well. Perhaps you could start crafting short stories first? Just to get a feel of what is needed. I would write at night and then revise what I had written each morning. I wish you well. Many blessings
Except for the manuscript that I started when I was in college, all of my fictional writing has been short stories. The problem that I found that I had with writing short stories is that I really wasn't able to develop my characters and the plot the way that I would like to. I don't know if this idea would develop into a full novel or it might just be a short novel, but it is something that I'm not going to be able to rest without writing.
@cher913 (25891)
i only write for fun and only write non fiction so it is easy to find inspiration pretty much anywhere. right now i am focusing on ideas for saving money, which of course, everyone seems to be interested in right now. i mainly write to get my opinions expressed as i love to research about ways to save money. i write for Triond mostly and enjoy doing it. my creativity is focused in lots of areas which is why i don't write super seriously. right now, i am making Christmas ornaments for a bazaar and will be making Christmas tags very soon too as well. This time of year tends to be pretty busy for me craft wise.
All of the published writing that I've done has been non-fiction and it has been fun for me to write because I do try to choose topics that are really interesting to me. However, I've had the desire to be a novelist since I was a teenager and that is something that is coming back to me full force now that my children are getting older and I'm finding that I have more time.
@911Ricki (13602)
I wish you luck, and I think you will do great with it. I'm not much of a writer, and no motivation in that department. I would jotnotes down, then push it off until I feel smart enough to write. I would have to be in a certain mood to complete it, and do a good job or else I would do a really bda job at it.
I honestly have wondered throughout my life why I am a writer because that is something that no one in my family has ever done and something that no one else in my family really has a desire to do. However, our entire family is artistic in one way or another and I think that my writing is the way that my creativity has manifested itself in me.
@jazel_juan (15767)
I used to write poems back in my high school days, but for some reason, i do not know why i stopped.. sometimes i do dream of becoming a writer. Being able to write a novel or even just a short story again would be a dream for me.
If you dream of being a novelist or to pen a short story, then I think that it is a goal that you would be able to achieve. Follow your dream and you will find fulfillment in your life.
Hi friend, good to hear about your story. Mylot is my inspiration for writing, some of my online friends told me to start writing articles, i joined with some writing sites as my friend's referral and interested in writing a lot. Now i have more than 900 articles in all my writing sites
I am not in triond, i am writing in EC, wikinut and publish. I am not a native English person also my English is not good, so i am writing in this revenue sharing sites and happy with that earnings. I know we can make a good money from writing, for that we have good standard in English with a good writing style
You see, I don't think that writing for the content sites is actually a bad thing. In fact, I think that it is better to do it that way than to direct sell your work because there is really no ceiling on what you can ever make from your articles on the content sites while when you sell to a direct article person, you are very limited on what you will ever be able to make from your hard work. 900 articles is a lot of articles, I only have about 250 that I've published at this point in time.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
I used to write poems when I'm in love I discover it when I met the love of my life. I can right poems everyday and even stories only I did not publish it sometimes I need inspiration to do this. But recently specially discussion here in myLot like you sometimes idea came when I'm taking a bath. Or it just pop up into my mind when I'm outside the house. Sometimes I forgot what it is that's why I always try to bring notes with me but if I don't have it will just fallen into my mind and when I sit in front of my computer to write it all gone.
• United Arab Emirates
Putting down ideas when they come to mind is most important as experienced writers have adviced. It is quite important and sometimes we fail to realize how useful it is. Ideas comes to writers anywhere at anytime, I have once gotten idea from an interview I was having at a company. It really pissed me off not to be able to get it down at that moment, all I could do was let it stay on my mind and this couldn't allow me focus at the task at hand which is the interview. Although it was still a good day as I was able to face the interview and at the least moment I had free, I did put down my ideas on notepad on my mobile device, the idea didn't get to waste and I was able to work on that later that day. It wasn't a book, it was just a magazine article that I had a client asked me to do.
As a writer I do find that it is important for me to always have access to a pen and paper. My purse is filled with scraps of paper that I can just jot down ideas on. For me, there is nothing that is worse than having what could be a great idea and losing it because I had no way to write the idea down.
@bounce58 (17526)
It's been a week since you've raised this discussion, so I hope that you've indeed started on this idea. And that you've have a lot of material already. If not, I hope this response will remind you to keep at it. Goodluck! And I hope that you do finish this story, and that you do get published (and maybe earn a lot from it).
I honestly haven't been able to go anywhere with it yet because of the fact that I've been so terribly busy in this past week. However, I have been jotting down little things about the story that I want to write as I develop them in my mind. For example, I've started to name the characters and outline what I want to happen, but I haven't actually started on the body of the story yet.
I was never ever a writer until some 5 years ago. I used to post comments, write letters to editors in newspapers though, both print and electronic newspapers. I started writing for others simply from the desire of making some money. I started my writing career writing academic stuff for post graduate levels. I started writing online a few months ago and I am hugely enjoying writing and the fact that I can earn some money too.
For me, I can admit that I've not gotten rich at all from the writing that I've done online. However, those little bits of money that I am able to make from my online writing has been something that has helped bail our family out several times. And I will continue to write because of the fact that it is something that I really enjoy.
hi dorannmwin I used to write all the time bu t lately on m ulot a lot. I ha d an idea for a sort of memoirs ofr my life from a kid during t he depression living o n a farm to an old lady stuck in a tiresome retirement center where she never wanted to be but I started several times , got bogged down and now its just simmering in m y mind plus the awful time three years ago that turned my life upside down and its tough to write about as I want to cry at times for us then,. but I still want to write it.
Hatley, if you write it, I will read it. Just from what you've shared on here, I know that you have a lot of stories to tell about your life. There will be parts that will be very difficult for you to write, but there will also be parts that will be very easy to write. And of course, the result is a gift that you will be able to give to the world.
@surekharathi (14134)
When I was school student my habit was write the "sher shyari" in every register I used back side for writing this. I like only heart breaking type shyari. But after marriage I forget everything and atmosphere is not like this. My husband is not Joelly nature their nature is silent so no idea in mind to write anything.
It is sad that you quit writing after you were married. However, I know from my own experiences that marriage really is something that does change us as people.