What ails Pakistan cricket?

I think the absence of younger batsmen like Jamshed and Umar in the top order is the reason. Also, they should dump Afridi, Malik, Razzack,Imran Nazir, Samy and Kamran Akmal from the side. What is the use of having players who are there because nobody dares to throw them out. With talented players like Asad, Hammad, Junaid,Shezad sitting on the sidelines as their over-the-hill senior pros continue to choke Pakistan's fortunes in the shorter format. I think Nasir Jamshed is the best young batting talent in the world along with Kohli,Warner,Kane Williamson... but the selection panel of Pakistan is afraid of throwing out players like Afridi and Malik. Afridi resigns and then makes himself available again. The joke has been carried for too long now. Another good thing for Pakistan is that they are playing abroad all the time and if good younger players are selected, in future, Pakistan can become No.1. But that is unlikely as the Cricket board of Pakistan is financialy poor and run by corrupt officials and politicos.
@ram_cv (16516)
I think the performance Pakistan gave today shows that not much is wrong. I think as always Pakistan are loaded with great bowlers. But their batting is the suspect even now. But with Hafeez as the captain, I can see a lot of calm coming into the Pakistani team. So if you ask me, they seem to be moving in the right direction. Cheers! Ram
razzack,malik,afridi and kamran are over the hill and should make way for better players.
@natliegleb (5184)
i dont think so ,they are also becoming like chokers like sa,they should not panic with a strong batting line up and they must bring back razzaq in the middle order and also misbah to strengthen the team
@vandana7 (67684)
Malik did well, and Afridi was good in parts, Kamran Akmal rarely fails, it was unfortunate. But others, I dont really want to comment. Razzack is still ok I think.