VISA to America

By C
@ShyBear88 (17540)
Why do random people from other countries think just because they are talking to or know and American that they can just give them a VISA? Every now and then someone will ask if I can get them into the US or get them a VISA like I'm this espeical person that some how has magical powers to make things happen. Of course I normally kind of smart mouth them back by saying why don't you just look up how to do it yourself in Google or something. I'm not your mom, or wife. Just because you know or talk to an American doesn't mean you will get in or get a VISA quicker.
This is not something that I've ever experienced in my life. I have met a lot of people that were here as students and would have liked to have been able to find a way to stay in the United States, but I've never had anyone ask me to help them to get a Visa. I do think that there are a lot of people that assume that those of us that are on the inside are able to pull strings to help someone else out, but that is simply not the case.
@ShyBear88 (17540)
I've had people ask me. I one of friends ask me that. I'm not a hundred precent sure she is in love with her husband because she got a green card to come and then randomly married this guy that she was talking online with for over 2 years and never meet till then and a few months later they where married and she never told me but I can see her active online. I just don't ask if she really loves him or not because its none of my busyness. She asked me once to get her into the US and I've been asked by strange guys to marry then so they can become US citizen I tell them no sorry it doesn't work that way. If you want to be here then you need to find your own way don't be asking me like I know how because I don't and I'm not going to lie for your to get in either.
@CODYMAC (1357)
• San Diego, California
I have many friends now who are from other parts of the world and I have only encountered this two times in the last year or so. One guy not only asked me to try and help him get a visa but also asked me to help him get a job and for me to be his sponsor. Now I love helping people and I would love to help my friends have the best possible life. I just think that helping people like our friends in other countries is important. But they also have to know that just as we are not able to help them with this service, they are not able to help us if we wish to go to their country. I dont mind being a sponsor, and I dont mind sending them info about the US and how to fill the proper paperwork out. And even looking for a job. But asking me to help get a visa is just silly. Even if I did work for the state department, I would have no power getting anything done in that manner.
@ShyBear88 (17540)
See but helping them isn't letting them learn to do things on there own. they are using to get what they want by asking and having you do it. I'm not someones monkey uncle and I don;t do anything for my friends. If they want something that bad then they need to do it themselves with there own hard work. Nothing in life comes easy and asking others to do the things for them that they can do themselves is being selfish. I never asked anyone to help me get my drivers liences I did that on my own and so they need to do the same on there own.