Shame on me but I don't care...

Have you ever turned off your phone because you just did not want to be bothered? well,I know my phone will be off for the rest of the night. I am doing this mans laundry because he is too lazy to wash his own clothes. I am stuffed from eating what I craved all day. then I am beat from reading all afternoon. so,I am not in the mood to talk to anyone on the phone. i know I just hope there is not an emergancy any where because that is why I don't turn off my phone to begin with. but,tonight I am not in the mood to talk on the phone. what do you do about this type of situation..
@911Ricki (13602)
I do this all the time, I know people have other people to contact or can call my home phone (if I dont want to talk to them then my parents will say Im not here). But my cell normally I keep on for work, but if I'm really not in the mood I will shut it off. Right now I have it on as an old coworker was really upset for having to put her dog down today.
Now I would leave my phone on for her as well. She mush be feeling terrible tonight.
@911Ricki (13602)
I had told her if she needs anyone to talk too just give me a call. This was her first dog as a child, he was 14 (so decent age) but it is never hard especially to make that decision.
@ShyBear88 (16865)
I've turned off my cell phone a few times just because I was tired or I put it on silent so I didn't have to hear it. I did that while I was in the hospital and after I got home. Every time I tired to sleep someone would text or call me and I got tired of it so I turned it off so I could rest.
Ok,Now I don't feel so bad about it. I would have turned mine off if I were you as well.
@ShyBear88 (16865)
I'm glad it could help. Nothing worse then a pregnant women in a hospital being bugged by people all of the time. It gets old and annoying even when your in labor and stuff. At last this time I had a much quiter labor with no phone calls or text messages as well.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
I can imagine how you feel...I have never turned my phone off because I want to always be available for my Children and grandsons... But there have been times when I certainly monitor my call which I do most of the time..There certainly have beeen calls that come in and I just don't answer them..But turning my phone is just not an option for me...
@sid556 (31018)
That's how I am too, BJ. I can't just turn my phone off but thank goodness for caller ID. I do screen my calls and only pick up those who I'm up to talking to.
There is nothing wrong with turning your phone off if you dont want to have to deal with it ringing anymore. You could actually just leave it on so you can see who calls in case it is an emergency call and then you can just not answer it if its someone you dont want to talk to. At night I leave my phone off that is in my room and leave my cell phone downstairs because I dont want to be woke up when I am sleeping.
I do not blame you for wanting to turn off your phone. Your man should be grateful that you are doing his laundry. I know that Randy does our laundry which I am grateful that he does it (he never did before we got married, but now he does it). I am glad that you are studying hard and hope that you will keep up the good job.
@katie0 (5212)
• Japan
If you need a time for yourself or you are too something that could be not that nice when someone called to chat you are doing you and them a favor. Everyone needs a break. What if someone is so angry or tired that answering the phone could lead to something bad? Better not to probably. It's normal also to have a lazy day
@asliah (11149)
hi, when i am not in the mood to talk with someone or to anyone,i will just make my mobile phone in silent mood so that i can not hear when there is someone calling or sending me a messages,so sorry for the people calling me even it is important.
@cripfemme (7719)
I did this today, because I had a headache. And nothing is worse than a ringing phone when you have one of those, at least for me.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Well I don't get alot of phone calls since moving to Puerto Rico so I really don't have this problem. If I don't feel like talking I just don't answer the phone and let it go to the machine. Then I will return my calls when I'm feeling up to it. I'm not a big phone person and never have been. What I rather do is skype. When I go to sleep at night the phone is in another room and I would never hear it. Plus my hubby shuts his cell phone off. If there is an emergency I will hear it first thing in the morning.
@winterose (39932)
my phone is always on but I answer it when I feel like it I am not a slave to the damn phone. If it is important the person will leave a message. If you plan on studying and passing that exam you can't be spending your time talking on the phone, you have to set your priorities.
@sid556 (31018)
I don't turn off my phone ever. With my luck, that is just when there would be an emergency. Even if there were none, if one of my girls could not get a hold of me they would go into instant panic mode and alert the other 3 girls that "mom is missing." I know this because it has happened when I've turned my phone off for a little bit because I'm in a place where it is appropriate to. I have caller ID on my landline as well as an answering machine and that pretty much solves the problem of picking up calls I'm not in the mood for. My tracfone is rarely used and only a select few have the number for it so it's really not a problem.
@Blondie2222 (16323)
When I don't feel like talking on the phone I just turn my ringer on silent and don't bother looking at my phone at all. But I will check it from time to time just to see if I missed a call or text from anyone. There is times where I don't feel like talking to anyone either and I just tell people to leave me be I want to be left alone and they will leave me be. If it's a number I don't recognize then I just dont bother answering it and let it go to voicemail.
@GemmaR (8527)
I think that one of the negative things about having a mobile phone is the fact that you are always in contact with people when you don't really want to be. In the past you might have been able to chat to your friends once each week, but now you can talk to them instantly whenever you want to and this can be a little bit suffocating in a way because there is no way that you can have a break from them. If you want a bit of a break then there is nothing wrong with taking one, and people have to understand that you don't want to be talking to them all of the time.
@trisha27 (3505)
I get like that sometimes, especially on my days off when I just want to relax and be left alone and well at least when my hubby is home too. But when I don't want to be bothered or talked to then I just turn off my phone. I figure if its an emergency hopefully not ever when I turn off my phone they will either leave a message or try calling my husband's phone, which he never turns off his phone.
@zhpshql (695)
it's not a big deal,,,you don't even have to feel shameful about it..Everyone of us need some time or space for ourselves. You don't like to talk with the others..just turn off your phone and take a peaceful rest..It's just fine..
@besweet (7348)
• Greece
Honestly, some times I am not in the mood to talk to anyone. I usually keep my qork phone open because I might get an important call but my personal phone is closed when I don't want to be bothered. At night I have it on but it' s set to silent because I want to find the calls in the morning if there are any! If my family has an emergency they can call at the landline, noone else calls there so I know that it will be something important if it rings.