My boss gave me the key to the shop..

Today,was my second day with the key and she told me to go to the shop and make myself a copy. see,I get to work every morning before my boss even gets there and i have to sit out there and wait on her. one day she had me waiting 40 minutes for her. I did not complain either even though I was highly upset. She said,she was not giving anyone a key to the shop. Even though I figured I deserved one I would never have said anything to her about the keys. they are hers to do with what she feels fit. I will get there early tomorrow as well because I have a customer first thing in the morning. so,I will not be late. I always knew I was trustworthy and I really feel good knowing she can rely on me to open the shop in the morning. even though I am leaving early sometime next week. lol. I have my christmas gifts delivered there so i don't need to take off to be home to get them. and this makes me feel even better knowing I will be there when fed ex brings my stuff. would you want the responsibility of opening the shop?
@Blondie2222 (16312)
That's night she trust you and gave you keys to the shop. That's good though because when the weather gets colder you won't want to be sitting outside freezing waiting for you're boss to show up. When My boss is on vacation or calls in sick I'm the one to go in early and open up the work place. We all have keys to where I work at so we can get in and what not. I don't like opening at work because you have to be there before 6am to do so but in the summer I like it because you get out of work between 2 and 230pm and have the whole afternoon/evening to enjoy the nice weather.
That is a good thing to think about. I know in the summer I will be looking for customers to get their hair done. so,I will not mind staying later..
@winterose (39932)
I have been a manager and have had the keys to open up the offices, to me it is no big thing. But it is good to be trusted that is for sure.
@911Ricki (13602)
Could you not leave a note and they safe drop it? At least here we can so you can get more hours in they just leave them on my front step. All the jobs I've worked at have been open 24 .7 so noone had keys except the owners. My new job at the pet store, I will have keys but I am still in training after 3 months I get them. For my day job when i cover the shifts I do get the keys for the boxes but by law we have to return them every night.
hi giftsandbagscom. yes, i have been given the keys to the shop back when i was a supervisor in a music retail shop. it is indeed a big responsibility as you cannot afford to be late otherwise there will be repercussions like possible loss of sales or even a fine. anyway, you being entrusted to hold on to the shop keys is really a good thing. this means that your boss has trust and confidence in you. cheers and happy mylotting!!!
I think it is great that you boss gave you the key it shows that she trusts you. I am glad that you are bettering your life and that you are working hard to get your license and that hopefully you can find work at a better salon. On a side note since I cannot find your other post where you ask for advice on studying, I know that you have a book that shows you different hairstyles, I wonder if it would be easier for you to actually see the hair being cut in a particular style. If that is the case go to you tube and search for a particular haircut. For example, if you want to see how a bob cut haircut is done type in bob cut hairstyles and find videos that show you step by step on how to do it.
@STOUTjodee (3323)
Congratulations, my friend, your boss apparently trusts you enough to give you the key to the business. I know when I was working at a bar/restraunt I was a prep cook and dishwasher, most of the time I was at work before the owner or bartenders, so the owner one day gave me the key to open up,since I got their before everyone else. I felt very special that she trusted me enough (around liquor) to have a key. Of course I would also help the bartenders get their stuff going too, but also did my work in the kitchen.
@pals101 (2011)
How many months or years are you in the company or shop? Maybe she needs more time, she is testing you, eventually she would allow you to open the shop. Have patience my friend..there is always rewards for it. It takes time to build trust.
@asliah (11149)
hi, i think being an opener is not that hard but of course the responsibility will be increase more because you need to clean and fix everything before you open the store,anyway i never yet experience to be an opener in a Establishment like salon.
Congratulations on proving your worth to your boss. She has to have faith in you to trust you to open for her. I think it's wonderful. If I were in your position I would do it providing she paid me better. Since you make half of what other operators make, I think it's just a convenience to both if you. However I would feel good that I was trusted so much.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I'm so happy that she trusted you enough to give you the key, instead of waiting for her and wasting time. When I worked in a hospital I would usually be the first one in. I was suppose to start at 8am but would be there by 7am. So I had a key to open up all the doors and get things going. Such as making the coffee, turning on the xerox machine. Picking up the faxes from overnight and distributing them. Then I could eat breakfast in peace and quiet. I loved being the first one in before all the ruckus would start and loved the responsibility and knowing my boss trusted me.
@sid556 (31018)
it feels good to know the boss trusts you, heh? I work in a store that I've been closing down at nights for years. I don't mind it at all.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
I think that a great move on her part...Because normally you are the first to arrive at the salon. and you are a trustworhy person...So why not.. It does show that she has some trust in you..take it as a great move...and good luck...
@gloryacam (5546)
That's good. It means she trusts you. And, that's better for you, too, because you get the early clients.
@Tina30219 (23100)
• Onaway, Michigan
That is nice that you have a key and don't have to wait for her to get there.I think if you felt comfortable opening shop it would be fine.
hi gifts when Rae bevrage was my boss at t he library I had a key as I was alwa ys first so had to open shut off the alarms and then breathe a sigh of relief.,our alarm was tricky and if you just juggle anything a teensy bit fire alarm went off and a fire truck was at the front door., embarrassing to say the least. finall y they repaired the damned thing then Ray beverage went back to Brea where she had come from and we got E mily. emily saw to it that nobody except two people had keys so the rest of us had to wait for those late comers to let us all in. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.glad I retired.