the age that minor can say which parent that want to be with

my 12 year old wants to live with me (father) no divorce has been filed no coustedy papers have ever been filed seaperated over 1 year Father worried living cond. school work down happieness down made to stay alone nights till morning by her self need to know what i can do i am a heart trouble am 54 daughter wants to live with her father
@sedel1027 (17854)
You need to go to court and get this legalized. She is old enough to voice her opinion and when you go to court to get the custody finalized the judge will take what she says into consideration. Normally if a child her age wants to live with a certian parent the court will allow it unless there is reason (and proof) not to do so.
My daughter is 12 also. I would let her voice her feeligs. I would not promise her anything. I would know what is really going on with the father. he may want her to evade child support. I would want to honor her wishes also. I would have to look at the bigger picture.
I think that the age is 13 in the United States. But i am not 100% sure. Call a divorce lawyer and ask they won't charge you for that kind of question