I saw something strange at my friends house.

I went in the front door and she had three shoe strings tied together and had one end around her cats neck and the other end tied on to some weights to keep the cat from scratching up her house. I could not beleive what I saw. i said,girl what are you doing with that cat. and she said look at what he did to my walls. I saw the walls were all scratched up. I told her she needs to buy something for the cat to scratch his paws on. That was the weirdest thing for me to see with my own eyes.
hi gifts I am wondering if she was thinking of choking him for his scratching her walls. this looked weird and sounds' weird too.It definitely is not right whatever she was doing.sounds like the society for preventative of cruelty to animals needs a call from you to warn them about her.this just does not sound'right
I would never make that call on a friend of mine. I would rather tell her not to o it again.
That is do cruel. She shouldn't be allowed to have a cat. It's her fault because she has not provided a scratching post for the cat. I wish someone would report her for neglect and abuse of the cat.
omg i cant belive it happened poor cat i have four cats and i have never done things like that how upsetting i have this spray stuff its called scratch no more and you spray it things like walls carpets and sofas and it stops the cats from scratching i hope your friend dont do that anymore how crawl is that happy mylotting
There is something sold in pathmark for cats not to scrath furniture. I will tell her about that as well.
@alberello (4755)
Well, no doubt a very strange and unusual thing to see! But I wonder, how long this girl has the cat? She had never taken "measures" to follow before now? Cats scratch, this is well known, even then you have to see how those animals have been raised. I mind a lot (since I'm a animalist) that this girl take measures harmful to health of the cat!
She had better not let that cat hang himself and someone find out. but,the cat seem pretty happy when she unhooked him while I was there.
@ajlasent (485)
Poor little thing! :( I hope your friend buys a scratch post for your cat soon.. While it can be annoying when cats do that, they just need the proper place to use their claws on, right? I've also seen a cat tied up. However, the one I saw had a feet or so of wire on its neck. It escaped and wandered into our yard and I immediately took the wire off. Cats are not meant to have leashes in my opinion. .
@natliegleb (5184)
very strange and the cat need to be pittied.i feel bad for the cat and he must feeling to get rid of them,i would definitely have a soft word with them
@jugsjugs (13045)
Some people do not deserve to have pets.I hate to hear things like this, god knows what she would do to a child if they were to draw on her walls.Your friend needs a rope around her neck.I would hate to be you, as the next time when you go to hers she may say she has got rid of the cat and lets face it will she care if it strangles itself, after all she will be in bed when the cat is still laced up by the shoe laces, thats something you will know you could have saved the cat. Friend or no friend I would have reported her, she is cruel, sick and should be banned from having pets. Your friend would have known that cats need to use their claws, so she should have got a scratch post for a start, your friend can get all manners of things that cost next to nothing to stop it scratching walls, doors, furniture, etc.Even a cardboard box they love to scratch, I hope some one reports her and she gets in trouble as there are too many people that are like her that cause suffering to animals.
I guess its really no different then a dog on a leash. But I've never seen an animal on a leash in a home. I wanted to take my cats for a walk outside once so I put a collar and leash on them and my cat jumped in the air and ran and wound himself around the kitchen legs. I thought he was going to kill himself and I never did that again. Lesson learned haha. My cat scratches my walls to it drives me insane. I've bought them all different scratching posts and they never would use them they like my walls and furniture better :(
@ajlasent (485)
I think it's because cats have a different perspective when it comes to being bound and leashed. x_x since they to places by jumping and all, i bet they feel so restricted whenever they had collars. Also, I think inside a house it would be alright to let pets out especially if they've been potty trained...
@winterose (39918)
that is animal abuse, the cat could strangle himself.
@bellis716 (4806)
Some people consider it inhumane, but we always had our house cats declawed. I have heard that they now have some shields that can be put on cat's claws. Our house cats never went outside, except to go to the vet. Any time I took one out the door, they would fight to get back inside. I agree that tying a shoestring around the cat's neck was cruel. If a cat has to be on a leash, it should wear a harnass.
@trisha27 (3498)
Omg that is crazy and I think people just don't know how to handle animals correctly or to train them right. The cat could just be bored and needs something to entertain them when they are left alone and you are right it would also need something to scratch on so it will not scratch on the furniture and the walls. That's all, tying up the cat is not going to solve anything.
@LaDeBoheme (1988)
That is a flagrant display of animal cruelty. A shoe lace tied around a cat's neck?! WHAT IS SHE THINKING?!! I would not hesitate to report it to the SPCA. Your friend does not need a cat or any other kind of pet if that's an example of how she deals with behavioral control. It's cruel and inhumane.
It is a cat's natural instinct to scratch, so I think that there does need to be a place in the house that the cat is allowed to scratch and that will be something that will keep them from scratching on furniture and walls. What your friend has done to her cat sounds like something that is cruelty to animals. The cat is only doing what cats do and it should not be punished for following the instincts that they are born with.
I agree with you. I think her treatment of the cat was cruel. Definitely get him Sonething to acratch, besides the walks and furniture.
@cathy1990 (221)
That was not good attitude for a young girl. She already know that kind of act that not good to see. That was so alarming.
No offense to Nyone, I am a cat lover myself but I burst out with laughter when I saw this. Dang that cat must have been driving her crazy for her to resort to do that