clearly he could not deal with customer service issues.

Today,I went to go and pay the last $421 for my furniture to be delivered to me. I went to the store and said hello and handed him my reciept so we could do my final payment. he was looking through my paper work and then he sat down and i said to him do you know when you could find out when it will be delivered. Then he started shaking and said sharon please let me do my job. I have been doing this for 40 years. I could not understand what his freaking problem was. So,I said ok and stood there and he went on the phone and called someone and asked when would I get my stuff. the man said one or two weeks. then as he was adding up my last payment I went to ask him another question. and before I could get it out his started shaking both his hands and said sharon please let me do my job. I said,did you finish with what your doing and he said yes. so,I said ok where are you putting my papaer work and do you have my phone number. he started going off again repeating the same thing again. so,I said I have every right to ask you questions while your standing here taking my dam money. I said you either answer my questions or get on the phone and call someone who can speak to me. then he said he was not calling anyone. so,I said then you had better give me the answers I need before I leave this store. so,he got out his calculator and started adding up my final bill. I stodd right there with my mouth shut. he said you owe $398. and I knew I owed $421 so I gave him $400 and then he gave me two bucks back. Then he said you can wait two weeks for the furniture to be delivered. I said I need it delivered on a monday so I can take off work. then he started going off again with his shaking hands. I turned around and walked out the store while calling him a jack azz for not calculating my money right. I hope someone else calls me to arrange delivery.. I know I was wrong and i don't care he was a freaking azz hole.
Hi gifts I w ould bet he is a mental c ase of some kind with the shaking hands,I doubt that he should be in that job at all and he seemed to get more agitated as you questioned him I would have asked to talk to his manager myself.hope you get it d elievered okay.
@ajk111 (2527)
the poor guy might be under some kind of stress but still no excuse for shoody manners. time for some honest appraisel of his abilities and that requires our author to report him.
I don't have anyone to report him to. he would not call anyone to speak to me.
He was being a freaking A-hole. Was this company some fly by night or a REAL well established company? We get furniture from Farmer's Furniture. We haven't bought anything in years. We've been blessed with hand me downs from affluent family members when they get new stuff we get their cast offs. We have 3 tables and chair sets. One is in the breakfast room; one is in the dining room and the other one is in the sun room.
I think it is a real store that don't have chains like the big stores. I know I will be going with the police if I don't hear from them in two weeks.
Wow, I don't think I've heard a scenario like this before. Hopefully he doesn't work there that often. If I were you I would call the store and ask to confirm/check your delivery date. I mean you did pay for the furniture and you want to make sure you get it properly. As for that guy if you can get a hold of a manager I would mention to him your situation. Maybe there's something going on with that guy or something wrong that they should know about.
I went by the store and that same fool was there so I did not go in. I just kept on going. but,when two weeks go by I will go back to that store and if I need to bring the cops so be it.
@lelin1123 (15643)
• Puerto Rico
Oh my goodness what an idiot! There are so many people working in customer service that shouldn't be doing this job at all. If you don't have a good personality and deal with people you should not have this type of job. I'm alway surprised by how many have these types of jobs and are so mean and nasty. He should not have had any problem answering your reasonable questions. That tells me he does not know how to deal with this type of job. He should be looking for something else where he does not have to deal with the public. Good for you that you got it for less. Its their 23 dollar loss and your gain.
I would have told him about his mistake had he tried to hear me when I talked to him. the fool..
@Jshean20 (14367)
Wow, sounds like he either needs to find a new job or he was having an extremely bad day. I work in customer service, so I know that treatment like that is never acceptable no matter how you're feeling. You should make arrangements to speak with his supervisor, let him/her know how mistreated you feel.
There is no one in the store except fo this man. I will be going back if my stuff is not here in two weeks.
That's the first time I've heard of things like that happened. It was weird that his hand shakes everytime you ask him questions before..It sounds like he had an attitude problem too besides the shaking hands. I do hope that you get your furniture delivered to your house.
I do as well because i will take his tail to court to get my money back.
@ajk111 (2527)
He is a freakin azzhole but an azzhole that saved you $23. Go online and get a book on good manners and give it to him the next time you are in. and as you leave you can say, "no need to thank me, you paid for it" and leave the store laughing. You will feel a lot better leaving the store this time around than you did last time!
This is such a funny idea. I should go to amazon and look for something like this.
@winterose (39918)
you were right, you can report him if he is not the owner of the store. He is not supposed to talk to anyone like that.
He would not call anyone else for me to talk to them either. but,I will be calling them and going there in two weeks with the police.
@winterose (39918)
going with the police? I don't think they will do anything, he didn't break the law.
First I dont understand why it should take 2 weeks for your couch to arrive now that it is paid off thats a long time. Second that guy was a total jerk and I dont think you were wrong at all for saying what you said. I think you should call and ask to speak to the manager and report him. Tell them you will never do business there again after the way you were treated.
I am going back in two weeks with the police if I don't get my furniture.
@koopharper (6900)
Doing this for forty years? Sounds like he's seriously burned out or his medication is out of whack.
I agree it was a mess dealing with him.
I would have demanded to speak to a manager, and then told the manager that the guy's shaking hands could have been taken as a physical threat. If someone can't do a job, they really don't deserve to have one.
he was there alone nd dealing with a customer. I asked to speak to a manager and he said no. so,I am going back with the police next time.
@anne25penn (3310)
I know how it feels when you're buying something and the person who was placed in charge has no idea of what to answer when you ask simple questions, like in your case. That person could've smiled, made you feel at ease and said something as simple as "let me find out for you". Rather than shaking his head and saying "let me do my job". It's HIS job to answer questions too, right. Anyway, I do hope that someone does call you for the delivery of your furniture.
@natliegleb (5184)
that is correct ,after so much instructions he could not deal means he is not fit for the job,he needs to be groomed well
All too often it does seem like we have to deal with people in stores or on the telephone that are supposed to be working in customer service that don't have any kind of people skills at all. However, all we are really able to do in these situations is to either just grin and bear it or we could ask to speak with a manager. I do think that it is wonderful that you've been able to get your furniture paid off and I hope that you get it safely to your home soon.