Getting back to my education

I didn't do as well as I hoped in my school exams, as I was going through a bad time. This was 9 years ago and I'm now at a point where I want to do something about it. I plan to resit my maths exam and get a better grade, then start a childcare course, which was what I was doing at college before I fell pregnant and had to drop out. I love being a mother, and I don't regret my decision to keep my daughter and drop out of college - I have 3 amazing kids now and they are my world. But being a mother all these years, I have lost myself, and I think i need to reclaim my own identity and do something for me. Now that 2 of my kids are in school and the baby can be at home with her daddy, I can build a career for myself, and a better future for my babies.
My son just started school this year and I also feel like it is time for me to finish my education as well. Just like you, I wouldn't change being a mother for any reason because my children really are my life. However, I also see what you mean in saying that over the past several years you have lost yourself because I've done the same thing in my life as well. I hope that you have the best of luck with going through the exams again and that you are able to do what you want to with your life in the future.
When I was in college, I didn't really have any direction, I was just doing what I thought I should. Who really knows at 16/17 what they want to do with their lives? So I didn't hesitate to drop out when I fell pregnant. But now I feel like its time to start my career. Maybe that was God's intention, for me to leave education and raise a family, until I was ready to learn.
@anklesmash (1417)
You will probably do better in your exams this time if you are happier and you will be maturer and wiser which will make you better able to deal with any problems in your personal life.I have just started studyinga for my degree and quite few people i study with are in the same position as you.They are returning to edcation after having chldren,in some ways it saeems to help them especially in my sociology classes as they have experience of life that most of us that havent left education just dont have.Experience of life outside of education will probably come in useful when you look for a job.
@bluespygirl (2112)
Hello! Congratulations to you on getting back your education! =) That is one tough decision considering you have kids now. Sometimes it is hardtog o back to school when you have family of your own, kids and other responsibilities. I love what you had said that you are doing this for yourself and for your family. I am happy for you, really. Cheers to you!
@GemmaR (8527)
It can be hard to get back into education, but the good thing is that there is a lot of help available for you if you should want to get back into it, and this means that it is certainly something that you could do if you wanted to. It might be a little bit hard with your children, but you are lucky that you have a partner who would be able to support you through it as this means that you don't have to worry about who would be looking after them as your partner would be able to do it while you were studying or reading.
@jricky1 (6809)
It's nice of you to having such thoughts to ever rebuild your career.I suppose this is good for you no matter what happened.So just stick on that and may you achieve something to be whom you really are.Good for you,marianne.I also wanna step to school time again.
@silverfox09 (4727)
Its never too late for a better education , go for it . I take time of to travel and relax from all school life but next year ill return to school so my little break is over . Wanting to go back to school after starting a family is not easy but I am glad to know you making the effort and if you want it you will finish and accomplish your dream this time around . All the best in reclaiming your identity
@Raine38 (8987)
It is never too late to get back and do something for your education. My mom also went back to college to finish her second degree because she really wants to be a teacher. She did when she already had us 3 kids and all of us were already in high school and college. During our growing and awkward years, she really made it a point to be with us. She's got no regrets, and right now, she's been teaching for 8 years. She was still able to do what she wants. So go for it, do what you want for yourself. You owe it to yourself more than anyone else. Good luck!
@sallyj (1228)
I went to college after many years, a class or two at a time. I sure enjoyed it. It took me 16 years to get my associate, but I kept at it and finished well. Go, enjoy, have fun