Did you know it was illegal?

@911Ricki (13602)
At least here as a courtasey we flick our lights 2 times while driving, or tap our breaks twice to inform other drivers that a cop is ahead. I was taught this from my driving instructor, my parents do it, and everyone I know does it. My friend did this the other night, after I explained it to her, and was pulled over given a warning as it's supposeable illegal.
@silverfox09 (4727)
I did not know that was illegal , I sometime do that while driving for others . Sometime I would be without seat belt and I see someone flick thier lights twice and I would immediately put on my seat belt lol .
@911Ricki (13602)
Seat belts are deesigned for safety features, and can save you life.
@dfollin (12744)
I totally agree with Ricki! ALWAYS wear your seat belt and make sure everyone else in the car does too!In Virginia,if one of your passengers does not have a seat belt on then you both get a ticket.
Yes here also everyone in a car should be in seat belt but people dont really like wearing when driving through certain location . I sometime stayed at a town in my country where I had to sometime drive across a bridge that as no railing , and people are always driving off the bridge no one know how deep the water is even today , it said the river have sinking sand beneath it . So if you are in your seat belt and go over no one can really save you because you might be stuck . I agree with you both safety comes first
That's news to me. I've done it too. Didn't know it was against the law. My former husband used a fuzz buster that alerted him when a VIP was near. They are illegal now I think.
@911Ricki (13602)
Yes, they are illegal, but I didnt know flicking your lights was. Maybe, he was just telling her this to scare her.
@dfollin (12744)
Yes,the fuzz buster's are now illegal.It's like tinted windows are illegal in the state of Virginia.But,they can sell them.....go figure.
I am so glad you said that as well. If someone ahead of me forgot to put on their lights that is what I will do so they know they are driving without lights. If I get pulled over I will at least understand why.
@dfollin (12744)
Yeah,I do it for both reason's to let someone know that their lights are out.I do not think that is illegal.But,when we flash to let them know there is a speed trap ahead then that is illegal.
@911Ricki (13602)
I was pulled over the other day for flicking my lights because the person infront of me had their high beams on and was blinding me. I was lectured, and told do not do that. I was going to look the law up and see if they are just full of it aorund here or if it's true.
Oh yes, I did know that this was illegal. I have never been cited for it, but I knew that it was illegal because of the fact that one of my best friends when I was growing up had a father that was a cop and he told both Erica and I about this when we turned sixteen and were getting our driver's licenses. In fact, it is even illegal to flip your headlights at someone that doesn't have their headlights on when it is after dark. This hasn't kept me from doing it because it is nice to know to slow down if a cop is ahead. But, it also does keep cops from giving tickets to people that have knowingly been breaking the law.
@dfollin (12744)
Oh yeah we all do it,but it is illegal.I am surprised that your driving instructor even told you about it.