She is working on a garbage truck.

I talked to my daughter today. the other day her man was on the back of the garbage truck and someone had parked in back of the truck and he was on it and the truck back up and his foot got caught in between the car which got smashed n the truck. so now it is broken. so,she rides on the back of the garbage truck and gets the trash cans and dumps them. I begged her to please be careful on that truck. recently a man died and he was riding on the back of the truck and fell off and it was all over the news. I am glad she is making some money but I am scared for her. I sure wish she could find something else safer to do. would you do what she is doing?
@911Ricki (13602)
I think you need to stop worrying, you seem to be really protective of her which doesnt teach her anything. There are safety rules in place for these type of jobs, and they do make a lot of money here between $15 - $90 an hour. It doesnt say much about her man since he is stupid anyways. I would do the job, but here you need a college education for that type of job.
@911Ricki (13602)
I guess my parents are those type, since I ca go weeks without talking to them and when I do it seems like they could care a less. I know if something happened they would be the last ones to call. My older brother moved out years ago, my parents didnt talk to him for about 3 years, then it was every so many months. Even now whenever he calls for something they make it sound like he calls all the time, and he is wasting their time.
You do know this is really sad that anyone could live like this. I can't imagine my mother acting this way with one of us. she is hans on with all of her kids. it breaks her heart when one of us is not speaking to the other one.
My parents didn't go around telling us they loved us but I know they did. We didn't hug either, so when I came down South it was strange to me that e wry one hugged and told each other they lived each other. I began doing it and it felt weird, but after awhile it became so natural. Now when I feel live for someone I tell them. My dad was never a warm and fuzzy dad, but he did things with me. He taught me how to make pies. He took me flying all my young life when he owned his own plane and after he sold it we went up in rented planes. He was always proud of me even if I didn't know it. My dad offered to make my car payment when working full time became too much when I was in nursing school. I never took him up on it cause I worked enough part time hours to make the payment. My mom was proud of me too. We worked at the same hospital. She was sometimes my ward secretary. She always loved working with me. She would say "you're my boss today". She didn't hug me, but she did pay attention to me. She liked to mess with my hair and rub mt scalp. If we were on the couch together I would lay down and put my head in her lap. She would then start coming her fingers through my hair and massage my scalp. That was just how she was with me. My parents weren't perfect. But they were my parents. They went without many times to put clothes on us and to keep a roof over our head. Our family was dysfunctional in that dad abused us when he punished us severely when he was angry about something. I remember him taking a hickory switch to my legs when he found me on a hay wagon with some neighborhood boys. Nothing was happening, but dad was furious because of his over protectiveness. He wanted me to remain a virgin until I married so in his mind he was justified into tearing me up with that hickory. My parents are gone now. I still love them and will until I die.
oh myGod thats so dangerous and shes still doing for that creepy stupid boyfriend. I agree please talk her into a safer job and away from him fo G ods sakes.She can surely find a safer job and not with the idiot loser either,.as Pretty as she is I am sure she could be hired as as an assistant in an office or even with a legitimate modeling agency as she is really sort of cute.do talk with her.No I would not do what she is doing as it sounds really dangerous.I worked as a nurses aide and that had some dangers as it was but not like riding on the back of a truck
I told her to go to a temp agency and fill out to answer phone some where. I did that when I was younger and it was a very decent job. she loves to dress up and look pretty and she would fit right in any office setting.
She is a lovely girl, Gifts. She deserves so much more in life than she has. I just wish she has the self-image to see that. She must believe she can't do better than that creep! Love you Gifts!
The thing that scares me is that the schmuck is probably going to think it's still his money, since she's technically doing his job! That sucks, but in another way, I'm glad the schmuck got hurt. Hope Kay stays safe.
I hope she gets to keep her money. I hope he doesn't take it from her. He would beat her to get at her money. I know it.
@carolscash (9500)
I would not want my daughter doing that either. I can't believe that the loser was working and managed to break his foot. I just pray that she is safe and remains that way. Never stop worrying about her she is your child and you should always worry about her.
@marty3888 (2359)
I just can't imagine doing that in the winter when it's 20 degrees. Even when it's 90 in the summer I can say I don't WANT to do it, but I have to bring in some money somehow. I think the only way I could consider doing that is if it was spring and let them know by august I have to quit to start looking for something else. So my answer is, in the winter I would not do it.
@asliah (11148)
hi, if i am the situation where i am jobless and could not find any work or no really work for me,maybe i will work in that kind of job but of course i always remind my self to be always be careful because i know that job is a hard one too.
So was she hired? Or is she working for her boyfriend? I thought he was back in jail for some reason. Back to your question. I guess if I were able to work and I had no other options, I would do it to live and take care of my daughter. It's honest work. It's dirty and smelly work but they dress for it. I don't think anything is wrong with that job. Someone has to do it.
I don't think that I would personally be able to do the work that she is doing, but that is only because of the fact that I don't deal with the changes in weather very well and being out in the weather all the time would be hard on me. With that said, I don't think that there is anything wrong with working on a trash truck. In fact, I've heard from people here that are trash men that they actually do make a pretty good living and the benefits that they get are really good.
@sallyj (1228)
When I was able, I did alot jobs. My family farms and I was out in the fields running tractors and other large equipment after my hours in a factory job. So I can say yes I would to keep my fmily going.
@dawnpot (19)
You must be really worried to your daughter. And it's normal. Because every parents were really protective and concerned about their kids. But you shouldn't worry too much. Because I'm pretty sure that your daughter can handle herself well.
@cutepenguin (6457)
To be honest, I'm not certain that I am strong enough to lift the cans and dump them. Of course, it's a good job with good pay and it's honest work. So I'd do it if I was strong enough and I didn't have a job. it must have been scary for him to have his foot smashed. He doesn't sound like the nicest of men but I'm still sorry that it happened.
@winterose (39918)
I wouldn't do what she is doing but then I had an education so I didn't have to. I don't see anything wrong with doing it though.
@Tina30219 (35120)
• Onaway, Michigan
I am with you about her making some money. If it was me no I would not do it I am afraid of heights.Even though her boyfriend is such a jerk I am sorry to hear his leg is broken.I hope your daughter finds something else that is more safe soon.