I knew I should have said nothing about where I work.

I told you about the girl who spends $150 every month to get her hair done. well,she asked a few times where I was when i was talking to her and I said the name of the town and she thought I was at my old house with my neighbor. well,finally she asked and I slipped up and said at work. then she was like you work and I said yes and could not lie so I said I work in a beauty shop. so now today for the second time she asked me to ask my boss can I practice finger waves on her head. I already know how to do them. I don't need practice either. so,I said I already have two people for another hair style I can only bring two people for free. she then said please ask your boss if you can do my hair. I thought something like this would happen. now she wants a free hair do lol. she saw me the other day when she came from getting her hair done. i felt so bad for her but refused to say anything. the weave was done to close to the part in the side of her head. it looked so unnatural and you could tell it was fake hair. I did not say a word because she would have been insulted. but,she should not have paid for that hair do.
hi sharon tell her you just cannot do freebies as that way nobody will feel left out. perhaps once you get your license maybe when you are working where you make good money you might help som,eone. but for now tell her no you cannot do that.you are too good for your own self at times and people will take advantage. take care please.
I agree Auntie Hatley. Sharon is working for half pay here and she spends a lot of time performing her craft to make people look beautiful. She can't afford to do freebies. Like you said, when she gets her license and she wants to do free hair dos for people in need without funds, that is her decision. It might be a way to give back to her community or whatever... but I don't think it is fair that she work for nothing.
I feel bad enough making 50% of what I make and now she wants me do do free hair that is not right. she always pay those high prices she can continue..
@911Ricki (13602)
I think you did the right thing, she just wants a free hair do. Does she even call you otherwise? I knew a few people like this and I tossed them from my life. I know we all have busy lives, but whenever I would try to make plans she would have every excuse until she needs me for a ride, money, or whatever.
Most of the time she called when she needed food or some money to buy something. I am not in the mood to be doing hair for free..
@911Ricki (13602)
She sounds like a moocher, whenever she needs something. Has she ever helped you out? If she can afford to get her hair done, she caan budget in food. If I dont know whether my money will be coming or working I wont go get my hair done.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Good for you that you did not comment on her hair..see it may not have looked correct to you but someone like me would probably think it looks fine...so don't think nothing else of it...as long as she accepted the reason you that you can't do her hair for free, don't worry about it... You have to realize that we are not all hair stylist and it may look good to some where as not so nice to you...
I can't wait till you get your hair so I can do it and you love it. I am waiting on kay to get hers as well.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Give me a couple of days and I will be ready...I know its going to be practice for you but I hope its not a dauntless task for you. anyway I trust you, thats why I am going to let you get on my head....lol...
Please check your email..
I would just forget about her and not say anything to your boss, Gifts. You know hair and how to do it. You don't need to practice. She wants something for nothing.. that's all. If she can pay $150 for a hair do then she can afford to get her hair done herself. Gosh that's a lot of money. I pay $10 to get my hair cut. I don't do weaves and stuff. I guess if I wanted thicker hair I would just buy a wig and wear it.
If you like nice wigs you can look at some lace fronts that look like they are growing out of your own head. tyra banks and beyonce wear them all the time. that is what I have on as well. but,mine is human hair and it was $60
What are lace wigs? I'd love to have one. I wonder if Sally's has them? They sell mostly to licensed beauty operators and give them a discount. They sell to mon professionals too but at full price.
a lace front wig is one that looks like the hair is growing out of your head. you trim the edge off and you can either use the combs to hold it on and clip the back or do like I do and glue the front hair line with the clear glue. it looks like it is my real hair and I already cut it in three styles since I had it. they have them at most hair supply stores. I went to black hair spray dot come and paid $59 for my wig. I can sleep in it and everything and it is human hair so I can blow it out and curl it. the next one will be longer and blond hair. do a search for lace front wigs and look at the many styles. the best ones are made with remy hair. that is what I am getting for christmas from adrain. they have synthtic ones you can pay like $30 bucks for but you don't want to glue that one down or style it with anything hot or it will melt. so if you get one try that one first. and have someone fit it to your head before you trim the lace off. and you can take it off before going to bed. check out a few sites because you can find some really great sales. black hair planet is one I think and then you can just keep seasrching lace front wigs. they are much cheaper than full lace wigs.
@carolscash (9501)
I would not feel bad about not giving her a free hair do. I think that I would just explain to her that you would be glad to have her as a client and do her weave. That way you could show her that you do a good job on them and you could earn some money.
That is what I will say to her the next time she asks me. and I bet she will go to the girl who is already doing her hair.
No freebies - especially for her!! I know it's hard to say no to a friend . . . but maybe you can blame it on the boss. Tell her some white lie . . . like your boss won't allow any more friends or that she won't allow you to do "finger waves" because she knows you already do know how to do them. You know, say something that your friend can't argue about. Yah, maybe it was good you didn't say anything about her hair - otherwise she would have asked you to fix it!
I will do her finger waves for her with no problem. but,she will have to pay me and buy the supplies to get it done.
@KrauseHome (34718)
Well, are you cheaper than where she gets her hair done? If you are better maybe she should feel proud to want to let you do her hair, and pay you for it. Especially if you are friends or acquaintances. But in reality I hope you can at least offer her a discount and show how you can do a better job, and maybe gain a customer or two from it as well.
I am much cheaper than my own job if doing it in my house. but,she will pay $150 to get it done in a shop then she should pay me the $125.I would charge her in my house.
@anne25penn (3310)
In my country it is inexpensive to get a haircut and a hair-do. You only get charged expensively when you go to known parlors. I don't like to spend more than P200 ($5) for a haircut since my hair is mutant and seems to grow three times faster than normal hair. But I would not impose on anyone just to get a freebie. I know your friend is thinking about saving money, but she should have waited for you to offer it first. It's like being invited to dinner and the guest is unexpected or didn't call in advance.
That is a very low price for a hiar cut. at my job it starts at $35
@winterose (39922)
I have often told you that you tell too much of your business, you are like the local newspaper. Telling you whole life like that may one day really hurt you.
I sure would hope not. thanks for the notice.
@cutepenguin (6457)
Well, there was no harm in her asking, because all you have to do is say no. Just say "thanks for offering your hair up as a practice, but I'm good, thanks". If you don't explain then she can't say anything.
I said no twice and she keeps asking me to aks my boss. but,she went and got a weave done the other day that she paid cash money.
@JijiXcebu (129)
I have a friend too who's taking advantage of the services I offer just because he's a friend of mine and we've been hanging out for quite sometime. It's a bit disappointing that often times, people forget that we have bills to pay. It's not being rude, we're just asking for what's ours since we worked hard for the craft. People should pay for services.
I am not going to start doing hair for free because it will be my feet that hurt later on in the night. and plus people should respect me enough to treat me well in my trade.
My philosophy is NO FREEBIES FOR ANYONE!!!!! That's how I make sure NO ONE gets hurt.
I need to do a about two heads for free since it is to practice a hair style. but,that will be my sister and daughter getting them.
@Traycee (34)
If all she wants you for is, for, what you have, or, can do for her, she isn't a friend anyway. Would she do that for you? Probably not. Don't sweat her. Tell her to go to hair school and learn herself how to do hair and maybe the people in her class might do her hair and she can do theirs.
I actually do think that you've done the right thing by telling this friend of yours that you are working and where you are working. I also think that you are doing the right thing by telling her that you are not allowed to do her hair for free because she would ultimately only end up taking advantage of your generosity. If she wants you to do her hair, she should offer to pay you whatever you ask for the service (although I don't think that there is any reason that you wouldn't be able to give her some kind of a discount).
@WakeUpKitty (8707)
• Netherlands
It's good not to lie even it sounds you are sticked to her now (did not know you do hair for free as well, is that common?). Might be she is happy with her hair or perhaps she did complain about it but they told her it's done great (sorry to say but hairdressers frequently do and don't seem to care that much if you go home unhappy). Perhaps you should start the discussion about that anyway and next time she comes over to you and pays you!
@silverfox09 (4727)
Some people just want everything free when you are friends with them . I cant believe she spend that much and she get a bad hair job . Tell her to see you next time when she have money to do her hair . I dont like going to salon and since I blog about hair care from personal experience of doing things at home .