Little Joys

@ajlasent (485)
Hi! Lately I've sort of been in a muck. Maybe it's because of my erratic sleep schedule or the fact that I haven't seen sunlight in days. I don't know. But! Today I saw something that made me smile. I have a star beside my name. HAHA! I was wondering how users get the stars beside their names and thought maybe I'll have one like after several hundred more posts. Then I saw it just a few minutes ago. Thanks to all the people who made this possible, whoever you are, gals and guys... :) Happy myLotting!
@flapiz (4155)
Hi! Congratulations on that star you've got. I felt that way too when I had mine. Well watch out for the change of color. It changes color as you earn more ratings. :)
@ravisivan (14055)
ajilasent take the cursor to your star--it now shows 88. when you reputation increases to 95.6 then you will migrate to 10 star rating. enjoy.
@riyauro (6430)
Oh this is new to me. Thanks ravi..
@ajlasent (485)
Thanks, @flapiz! :D I want to see the color changes now that you've mentioned it. haha!! @ravisivan, thanks for this information.. :D @riyauro, same here, this is still new to me. haha! I've got looooot to learn. ;)
@agmamayo (804)
Wow, congratulations Ajlasent. Kudos to you of having a star appearing beside your name here on mylot. Likewise I am wishing for the same star to appear on mine too. Like you said I have no idea how the star feature works but my own personal guess, I think more posts or contributions and participation earns you a star. Though not all the stars given are of the same color, maybe colors are based on rankings in certain topics. Everyone on mylot would wish upon a star, like myself and knowing you have earned yours would prompt me to participate even more and post a huge pile of topics, I mean a truck load of them if I can do it, lols. Again my congratulations and keep posting, by the way you have a nice profile picture.
@ajlasent (485)
I can see you have a star beside your name too!:D and thanks for responding to my little topic over here. hihi! I kind of thought about that as well, like the more we post and get rated, we get stars for positive rates. :D Let's go and make our post number rise! ;) Aww, thank you, yours looks nice too! Were you performing or something in that photo?
@sishy7 (27647)
I think I saw yours even yesterday when you just crossed 100. That's a great one to start with; it took me several months to get to a red star. Keep up the good work, and here's a link to myLot Discussion Rating System to understand more about the stars: http://www.mylot.com/o/faq/faq17.aspx
@ajlasent (485)
Wow, thanks for the link! :D it explains things much better now. I still have a lot to explore here... ^_^
@sishy7 (27647)
You're doing quite well here... Take your time exploring, and just remember to always have fun here!
@ajlasent (485)
Awww.. thank you! :D Another reason for me to smile today. ;) Happy myLotting to you too and thanks again for the time! :D
@riyauro (6430)
hiya, I also was excited like you when i first joined mylot. I wanted to be like other who are old here. I wanted to know it all at once.... within this four months here I have learnt a lot. I am sure that we are alike. I have seen you very active from the time you have joined. Good going. .. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day ahead.
@ajlasent (485)
I want to be as active as you are... :D I want to reach thousands and thousands of posts too! hihi! :D I think you've been great over here... ;) And thanks for replying to most of my posts, I really appreciate it. :D
@ravisivan (14055)
ajilasent let me guess--- i have not seen your profile -- you are from ---- you are from philipines/china/mizoram(india). right. welcome.
@ajlasent (485)
I'm from the Philippines. haha! :D How'd you know? ^_^ YOu really didn't look at my profile? :p
@sjvenden27 (1850)
When ever you write a new discussion or respond to someone. If they hit the + symbol it improves your rating.. I goes up rather fast when you recieve a lot of postive feedback.. but if a person hits the (-) it goes back down just as fast, and it takes a lot longer to go back to where you were.. Some people have no read the rules.. The (-) sign is not to say that you disagree with the persons opinion.. Its to report something that is degrading or offensive.. So its a parternship.. Following the rules and discussing things that are very interesting to others;-)
@ajlasent (485)
I recently read how the rating system works.. :D and it's true we don't have to hit the (-) sign when a person disagrees.. Thanks for your response! I'm just so glad I received this great a rating after just 100 posts. yay!
@ravisivan (14055)
ajilasent congrats. you have made 100 posts or 100 within bracket. that is why you have been given a star. this is the mylot reputation--rating given by other members. you have got a good rating--9 star to begin with itself. that shows you were introduced to mylot properly or you came to mylot this time with proper understanding of the site. normally a few people get only 3 stars or so. when did you become a member of mylot? who introduced you to mylot? where are you living? what do you do normally--working or studying? good day.
@ajlasent (485)
To answer your questions, I was just browsing something about paypal when i saw a thread here on mylot and when I signed up, I learned we earn as we post. Yes, I was surprised when I saw it was 9 inside the star when I've just been here for 4 days. ^_^ I guess I just really enjoy posting quality responses but I never thought I'd get such a high rating that fast. :D I am from the Philippines.. :) I'm working from home as a web content writer. :D and myLotting whenever I can and I'm not yet tired. hihi!