future perfect continous doubt. can you clarify this

@Manasha (1993)
Chennai, India
If suppose I want to say something about the future work which will be over in another five months A friend of mine will arrive on 2 feb 2013. By that time I would have finished the task . How can I SAY THIS? another example we will have gone there by the time you arrive there. The above sentence is meant to explain that we will go to the place tomorrow at the time you arrive there. What is the correct sentence?
@owlwings (37705)
• Cambridge, England
You would tell your friend that you "will have finished your work by the time that he arrives". If you were not quite sure whether you will have finished it or not but expect to have done so, if no difficulties or delays are encountered, then you might say that you "should have finished". "We will have gone there by the time that you arrive" is quite correct if your friend will be arriving at the place where you are now. If you are expecting your friend to join you at the place to which you are going, it would be more usual to say "We shall be there ..." or "We shall already be there ..." or "We shall have arrived there by the time you do.".
@owlwings (37705)
• Cambridge, England
"would" and "should" (as well as "may" and "might") are used to express a conditional occurrence. You may not always use them with an "if ..." or other condition but there is, nevertheless, always the idea of some condition being in place. Although there is hardly any difference in the way that "will" and "shall" are used, there is quite a big difference between the sense implied by "would" and "should". You would say "I would have finished the work" if you had expected to finish the work but did not do so ("if my computer hadn't broken down", for example). If you are talking about a future event [your friend's arrival] and you expect to have finished the work (but there is a small element of doubt), you would say "I should have finished the work ...". If someone asks "Haven't you finished that yet?" (talking about this moment in time), you might answer "I know that I should have finished it [by now], [but I haven't]."
@Manasha (1993)
• Chennai, India
A question: " will have finished your work by the time that he arrives" why we should add that in the above sentence. Wont it be fine if write will have finished your work by the time you arrive there. Any problem with the correction
Wow!!! sir how nice reply my English is very poor but now I learn some thing here. now know where is using will shall and would should. Thanks to reply for solving the query of Manasha.