Crime seems to go up around the holiday seasons.

Mexico
Crime seems to go sky high once the holiday season starts. We had a friend put up some halloween stuff outside and they were stolen during first night.
wait till christmas when people leave gifts in their back seat and come back and find the window bust open and everything gone. you will se it all on the news.
• Mexico
true, happens at malls here at xmas time. Even with all the security and cameras. They get away with it.
No matter how much security was there I would never leave my packages in the back seat of a car. no one person can watch the whole parking lot.
Oh, I agree with you!! Christmas is the time that the thieves come out! Not only do they still from your vehicle,your house,your purse and even Christmas decorations on your lawn. Also, beware of people posing to be "telemarketers" that get your personal information. They claim to be wanting your money to give a donation to a charity that the money really isn't going to that charity or it's a fake charity.
@GemmaR (8526)
I think that if you ever put anything outside of your house then there are always going to be those people who think that they would be able to take it from you. You should never leave anything outside of your house that you couldn't afford to lose as you would be gutted if anyone were to take it from you. I always find that there is more crime in the summer because of the fact that everyone leaves their doors open when they are in the house, so it is very easy for somebody to just nip in through the door and take a couple of things.
• Mexico
True, even a friend had a cactus plant stolen off her porch here.