I think it was brilliant.

@ajlasent (485)
I just recently watched a film called "The Skin I Live In" It's about a doctor who performed experimental treatments on a certain character in the movie to make her skin better, stronger... It was quite a long movie and had mature scenes in it but not done in an irrelevant way. I think it falls under the suspense category, but it was not at all "scary." It was more of "creepy" but everything is explained in the end. It has a brilliant, brilliant twist... something which can be quite obvious when you play close attention, but the presentation of details was just superb. In my opinion, it was a masterfully done film which should not be skipped by movie lovers. It's in Spanish, and the original title is "La Piel Que Habito." Have you seen it? What are your thoughts? :D
@rafiholmes (2897)
ooh..really? u think its realy good? ok..then i will try not to miss this film..will seek out.. La piel Que Habito...hey..i can translate that.. The SKin i inhabits..ehhehe The skin i live in" will look for it..
@ajlasent (485)
Wow, are you... Spanish? :D It has won several awards and I can really say it's a great movie. :) I'd love to hear from you about it when you have decided to watch it. :D
No..but i can speak a fair amount of Spanish ..italian ..frnech ..German.. and many more language.. ;)..most of the times i just can translate them into english..without actually able to speak it.
@ajlasent (485)
Wow, I think that's great! :D You have certain understanding for language then... :) and possibly great vocabulary too!
@Bionicman (3967)
• Czech Republic
Sounds interesting. I'll probably watch it tonight if I find the time then I'll write something.
@ajlasent (485)
:D I'm glad you're considering it, I'd love to hear how you find this movie when you've seen it. Cheers!
I loved it.I believe that people must see the full uncut version of it if they want to understand Almodovar's message.For those who are unfamiliar with his works, this can be a traumatizing cinema experience. :D I like directors and movies that are unique in their own way.Almodovar is one of them.La Piel Que Habito has drama and even comedy elements in it, but the interesting part is that it won't make you laugh or cry unless you're very sensitive.It makes you think.
@ajlasent (485)
This is true and very well said. :) I think I was able to watch the uncut version, is it the one which was almost 2 hours? I haven't watched any other works of Almodovar though, can you make some suggestions? I'd greatly appreciate it. :D
Hi Ajlasent, I saw that movie twice. The first one is that I watched it raw. I was so eager so I did not mind watching it without subtitles. And I was just predicting what they are saying...and after the movie, I was so confuse..well, yeah, I have my colleagues watching with me that time..and we were guessing about the things that happen in there. Until somebody told us about the whole story. And wow, I was amazed. I actually did researched about the movie on how it was done but I couldn't find a lot. Anyways, there was already a subtitle when I watched it again..and still, the movie amazes me. It was well done by the actors. And I was amazed by the skin of the lead actress. She really suits well with the character. Have a nice day!
@ajlasent (485)
I remember doing that when I was a child, watching Chinese shows without subtitles. haha! It's hard to understand the film when there aren't subtitles though. I'mg glad you watched it with them on! :D True, Ms. Anaya's skin is really flawless. and they all did great in acting too. :D I hope you have a nice day as well, smurfysmurf!
@riyauro (6431)
I have not seen this one and i would like to see it too. I do like scary and creepy movies sometimes. Since you have described it good. I will check it out. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day ahead.
@ajlasent (485)
Cool! I hope to hear about what you think of it when you finally get to see it.. and I hope you like it as much as I did. :D
@lady1993 (16323)
Not yet, although i did rea the synopsis of it.. Which i am quite regretful of, since i already know the twist and everything. Maybe i will just watch it once i forget the ending or at least most parts of the story.. it is a good movie though, unique.. never thought it would end like that.
@ajlasent (485)
Aww, the synopsis really does get the edge off the twist, however I had a similar experience... Before I was able to view it, my boyfriend already told me about it because I let him because I was so interested already. I watched after some time though, so I still flt like I didn't know what was going to happen. :D I wish you'd enjoy it as much as I did when you finally get to watch it.;)