How much would you need to earn online to make minimum wage in your country?

@techweb (217)
I find it interesting that in so many of these discussions that involve how can you become wealthy online, people don't mention what country they live in. The current minimum wage in the US for any state is $7.25/hour. I would be amazed if someone could easily make that online. What's your minimum wage, and do you reach it with opportunities on the web? Are their any countries out there where working online can actually produce even minimum wage? To make things fair, min wage is usually for individuals performing completely unskilled labor, so whatever you are doing shouldn't be too complex. Clicking on ads is pretty unskilled labor.
@CatGods (4599)
Well I'm in the U.S. but I'm not sure if I will fit your discussion because I am considered skill labor of sorts. To me the word labor is some thing physical like a construction worker. I am considered a professional. I work totally online with multiple sources of income. I make well above minimum wage, over 3 times that with my number 1 source of income. I am a 5 star rated tarot card reader and I have been with the same site for going on 13 years. The site provides the clients and I provide the service. I could make even more money as a tarot reader if I were to raise my prices. My second source of income is that I am a online seller. I have 4 general merchandise stores and 5 speciality merchandise stores. Plus just for fun here and there I do a few reward sites and a tad bit of writing.
@techweb (217)
You are right, both of these are examples of skilled labor. Its great to hear though you have found an online profession to make money at. How long do you think it took to learn the "merchandise trade", you say you have 9 online stores.
@ARIES1973 (9439)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Hi CatsGad! You are really successful with your online career! Ihope I could reach at least 3/4 of that in the future. I am still new to online earning activities and I am learning by myself through a trial and error strategy and I'm glad I came across this site several months ago so I was able to get information from our friends here. I am happy if I could read stories about their success online and this alone would is enough to make me strive for more.
@CatGods (4599)
It would also be nice to know what the cost of living is in these different countries besides what the minimum wage is. Because maybe minimum wage in different countries is enough to live on compared to the cost of living. I will say this is not the case in the U.S. I started selling about 8 to 9 years ago. I got my start with Amazon.com as a Zshop owner. Amazon gave me a good foundation education plus all of the marketing books that I read from the public library. I got my re-sellers tax I.D and registered trade name so that I could buy wholesale and sell retail. I started with the SMC program (speciality merchandise company) That was great for a good many years. Then every one and his brother was selling the stuff and it became a giant price war between sellers. Then I started flipping stuff from yard sales and second hand stores. You can find out what's hot and what's not from looking at what sold on ebay. Some times I get free stuff from the Yahoo groups free cycle for my location. For example I got some Camaro T-top sun shades new and I listed them for 85.00 and I was offered 75.00. Not bad for some thing that I got for free. Another example there is a local radio show where people can call in and sell stuff and I got 150 beanie babies for 75.00. About 20 of them were in non-sellable condition. Those I gave away. I sell the beanies for 15.95 each and 24.95 for the beanies that are attic treasures. The beanie buddies which are the real big ones go for 39.95. Shipping and a tracking number is included in the price. The merchandise trade constantly changes in some ways. That's why you got to keep researching and reading. Always keeping your eyes open for opportunity.
@UmiNoor (3301)
I live in Malaysia and there never used to be a minimum wage policy in my country but this year the government implemented minimum wage to the chagrin of many privately owned company owners. Here in the peninsular, the minimum wage is RM900 which is about USD295 a month which is about USD9.80 a day which comes down to USD1.22 per hour for an 8 hour day work. It's pretty low but we're a developing nation and our standard of living is not as high as in the US or the UK. I guess that is possible to earn online if you work on the Internet every day.
@techweb (217)
I agree $10 a day seems within the realm of possibility, but I still am not sure how one would do it (reliably) using the opportunities usually presented in this forum.
Hi Umi, looking at your breakdown figure, USD10 can be achieved just by working full time on mylot. But I think one can do better than that if he or she seriously treat this as his/ her job.
@Devilova (5396)
I hope that I could achieved that amount this year. Have a plan to maximized my earning from the programs that I have promoted. I'll start to make a trial with it, but I need to update my mobile site first.
@mariaperalta (19097)
• Mexico
Here in mexico the min. wage is about 75.00 per week. Thats a six day work week ( 1/2 day on sat) any thing more they have to pay more.
@GemmaR (8527)
I am not sure of the exact conversion rate from my currency, but I think that our minimum wage is something along the lines of $10 per hour. But one of the things that you have to remember as well is that in my country things cost a lot more than they do in America so this is one of the reasons that the wage is higher. I always make almost this amount when I am working on the internet, but one of the things that I have to remember is that when I am at home I don't have to pay for the transport into the city which would take a little out of my earnings, and I don't have to buy things like uniforms or foods when I am on shift either.
@Devilova (5396)
The minimum wage here in Indonesia is only about $3 a day. In online world, its more like a seller. Sometime we got a buyer and sometime we don't. Not like in US, UK, CA which always could get daily survey whether from survey and or GPT sites.
@techweb (217)
This is interesting. $3 a day I believe can definitely do online with unskilled "tasks". By unskilled I just mean anything that doesn't take very long to learn (a week, maybe). In a way, online earnings is almost a global free market economy with very few regulations (laws, trade tariffs, taxes, etc.). So it does seem to make sense that the wage of unskilled labor could be that of the minimal living wage in any country participating that provides enough workers. So unless there is a regulation (like as you say, only US, UK, CA can answer survey) than those folks are just out of luck.
@ARIES1973 (9439)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Hi techweb! So in a day a worker in US can earn $58 which is equivalent to 2,300 Philippine pesos. That is already a big amount. Thanks for this information. Going back to the question, as of now I know I couldn't be able to earn that amount online even if I didn't sleep the whole day. But I know there is a way which I still have to discover. I'm sure there are really people who are successful online and I am hoping to be one of them in the days to come.
@Devilova (5396)
You are absolutely right ARIES, all we have need are to found the way. I make this quote for myself, "There will always a path for a better life, if you could found it. The joy will be yours".
There is no minimum wage policy in my country at the moment that is being implemented at all levels. However, for day labourer, the minimum wage per day is something like $4 a day, which is good for people involved in laborious work. But it is not enough if the physical labour they invest in. Ours is a developing nation so people that are on a minimum daily wage can make most out of it as cost of living is low relatively. But people who have got some skills and those who are working in the officers earn pretty good amount comparable to some developed nations. There is a huge difference in earnings at various levels.