New White Curtains & Halloween Decor ?! :-)

@NailTech (6890)
The other day I started a discussion on how my old curtain got ruined in the wash after I tried to get a stain out. Today I finally got another curtain for that window at an estate sale. The price was originally $10 for them but I thought that was way too high and I needed a new curtain badly. I got the price down to $5. cause I pointed out a small ink stain on the curtain. It worked and she gave them to me for $5.! I thought they were way too high priced at $10. anyway. So now I have another set of two panel curtains, they don't match really to the other one I have had but at least the other sheerest curtain isn't on the front of the house window and will make me sort of "paranoid" about someone looking in. (I get that from my mother and grandmother, ha.) Do you have any estate sales there? Do you ever go to garage sales? I usually hate to bargain with anyone but desparately needed the curtains!! I think I'll use the curtain I ruined (it got shredded in the washing machine) as a decoration for Halloween outside--I'll drape it over one of the bushes for a "ghost" effect, hahaha!) Are you decorating outside for Halloween these days? There is a huge mass of decorations at a place in nearby town with a ton of Halloween cool decor--lots of spooky stuff--he is dentist by the way and does this every year. One of the newest additions to his Halloween decor I believe was probably stolen though, she isn't there anymore. He had her moving back and forth (electronically) in the front of the yard on a chair, and there is a fence there, but someone could have easily grabbed the decoration and took it) Vandals suck. One reason why we don't decorate much here.
@natliegleb (5186)
white drapes of curtain are fabulous colors.i prefer to decor so much to look so clean and fabulous inside the house.its mandatory
@NailTech (6890)
I kind of wish they were pastel colored now though, white is so predominant in this room. Next time I buy any curtains, they will be a color of some sort.
@911Ricki (13602)
I have gone to garage sales and estate sales. I wasnt really in need of anything, but you can get some neat things. When I need big furniture for my house I will get it from these sales. We dont decorate much now, as most of us are working until a few hours before handing out candy. We use to have decoration galour, we would use my Dads old legs and lay them all over the front lawn. Also, park our old boat on the lawn, and the old trucks with the doors open, and someone woulkd lie in it. Kids would run up and we would move or jump up.
@NailTech (6890)
Your dad's old legs? What do you mean? I'm sorry I feel so ignorant, now. Those ideas with the old boat and getting in them to move or jump is hilarious. Such creative lil minds you had. Spooktacular!