Playing in the rain; what a beautiful thing to do?

@jdalaqui (1074)
I remember the old days when the pollution is not yet that bad, I and my cousins have that wonderful privilege to walk, run and play under the rain. It was an unforgettable experience, it was really good and as I'm writing this, our childhood experience of playing under the rain was just like yesterday. Oh but now, I won't allow my kid to play in the rain because of the heavy pollution in our place making the rain acidic which is not good for the health. In places where pollution is absent or at least not that bad, playing in the rain is a nice one to try but if physically unfit, better not to do it.
@ardoy0731 (6865)
Well it could an acid rain now in our modern day, we never know. I really misses doing this which I usually do when it was raining during weekends wherein no classes together with my friends in the neighborhood.Just enjoying the pouring of the rain,playing and nothing to think of and worry about.
@jdalaqui (1074)
Acid rain specially in manila where the pollution is heavy. Yes, remembered the old days? kids running on the rain like the laughter and teasing has no end. Sadly, we cannot see often that kind of scene. I guess this is the prize of too much advancement of technology and heartless massacre of nature.
@jopipay (336)
Hi jdalaqui, I have played in the rain too.I remember when we were kids,we would chant and pray for rain.It was a joy playing in the rain.Just like you, we do not allow my nephew to play in the rain for fear of acid rain.Too bad for these kids:( I hope kids these days would have the chance to experience this joy and be able to appreciate rain just like we did:)
@jdalaqui (1074)
If you could still remember the song, "Kapaligiran." This song tells us about the the importance of taking care of our environment so that generations to come will have nature to enjoy even when we are gone. thanks for joining in jojipay.
@julyteen (13258)
• Davao, Philippines
I did the same things when I was still a child. Since I started my high school, never did again. I want to try nowadays but I think not appropriate anymore. Aside from worrying the pollution, I am not a kid anymore. I will let my children to do it for their enjoyment.
@jdalaqui (1074)
hahaha! right, let the kids do those stuff. Better for adults to stay under a shower in a bathroom than under the rain in an open space. But wait, I just remembered that there are group of both young and old mixed together doing team building activities/games under the rain and i guess they are having much fun doing that.
we had these rains shoes called jellies and they were plastic and had holes in them and we jumped all in the puddles and had so much fun. it was not a lot of thunder back then either. now,we are not even safe walking out in the rain.
@jdalaqui (1074)
Hello, thanks for sharing, What a beautiful experience to recall isn't it? I hope that awareness on how to care for the environment will reach the heart of many people because we want the generation coming after us to enjoy such fun experiences with nature.
@katie0 (5212)
• Japan
I'm sorry you miss that. Your childhood was very different, I didn't actually play in the rain, I guess being born in the city I always had that polution problem but at the same time my parents would have freaked out about me getting a flue or something so I never played. Now at teenager times I did a little but always felt bad thinking I was going to catch a flu.