How to remove rust from stainless steal utensils??

@riyauro (6431)
Hi guys, I have been cleaning utensils which were not used to some time. So there are stainless steal once which have got like small spots of rust which is very stubborn. My hands is aching because of scrubbing hard to remove it. I could not do it. Please anyone tell me how remove the rust stains from the utensils. do you know what I am talking about? If so, do you know how to get rid of the rust? Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day ahead
@dpk262006 (55919)
hi riya ! You will have to find someone who could do nickle polish on your stainless steel utensils, else it might be difficult to get rid of rust spots. You could go for new ones so that you do not face any problem.
@jaiho2009 (39034)
I guess you're an expert on this matter
@riyauro (6431)
yeah okay i'll see if someone does nickle polish in the city since I am going tomorrow. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day ahead
@aireanna18 (1914)
I have heard that ketchup works to remove rust. From my understanding it it acid accid in the tomatoes that helps to remove the rust. May try scrubbing with something like a SOS pad. Good luck cleaning :)
@riyauro (6431)
wow some really cool ideas are coming up. I am glad to have good solutions which I can try at home. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day ahead
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
I use pure lemon juice to do this. Soak overnight- then clean real good. Should come off. Have a great day there.
@riyauro (6431)
sounds great. I will try what all i can at home. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day ahead
@romzee (938)
I don't think they are stainless,riya. Because stainless steel don't rust easily, probably they are just chrome plated. I read an article about using coke to remove stains from chrome plated surface. You can try, and hope this will help. http://www.ehow.com/how_12097912_clean-chrome-coke.html
@riyauro (6431)
Oh yeah maybe it is coated but I really wanna make it sparkling clean. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day ahead
@jaiho2009 (39034)
I have stainless utensils but never get rusted. I don't know how to removed rust from kitchen utensils aside from scrubbing. But, if the rust is too bad, maybe you need to change those utensils already. I don't think it's good to use a rusty one my dear
@riyauro (6431)
I would love to buy new one but these are just bought but now used. A friend sold us furniture plus the kitchen stuff. He did not use it but he kept it on the terrace for some time like in open. but it has a roof though but it was too must dust on them. I have washes the furniture, have to polish it now. utensils I started today and it was difficult for me. Buying new ones are very very expensive. They are the very big pots like cooking for more than 500 people in that. yeah so it is expensive. These are very good quality ones. Only thing that they did not take care of it. I really need to clean it till it sparkles. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day ahead