I have a nasty burn on my eye lid.

The curling ironwas very hot nad now I am bruised big time. I got it coming being that i burned my boss the other day with the blowdryer by accident. I feel the heat from the burn still all now. I don't think I should put anything on it like butter or vaseline. That sounds like it wuld cook to me. even though my boss was told to put that on hers. not me not ever... have you burned yourself with a curling iron..
I've been lucky that I've never burned myself with a curling iron. However, my daughter hasn't been so lucky. It was the day that my husband and I were getting married and she went into the bathroom where my cousin had the curling iron plugged in so that she could get her hair done. Kathryn grabbed the shaft of the curling iron and ended up with a pretty terrible burn on her hand. We did put vinegar on it to take the burn out and because of that it didn't blister as bad as it could have and it also caused her to have less pain.
You know what - I haven't used a curling iron in years! We used to have a pretty good one at my parent's house . . . and I know I've burned myself on it (on my arm) a couple times - but it was just a surface burn - nothing too bad thankfully. But gosh, how did you get your eye lid with it??? As GG metioned, I use aloe vera on all my burns (but I think it's not good for really bad burns, like the ones that go through to that white fat layer of the skin). I keep aloe juice in the fridge - not to drink - but I use it as a sort of toner on my face. So when I get any burns, I just put some on (even if it's sunburn). Butter or vaseline - no no no!!!
I have not burned myself with a curling iron, but I have known people who did. You should never put vaseline or butter on burns as it does seal in the heat of the burn and makes it worse. Get some aloe vera like you use on sunburns for it. It will help kill the pain and will make it heal faster. Do not get any of it in your eye. You ladies sound absolutely dangerous.
@choybel (5059)
I don't use one and we never had one at home, not that I remember anyway but I once got burned by an electric iron when I was a child playing with it with my sister and the trauma has it's effect until now, 20 years later. I am so scared of irons. Well, I use them when needed but I never play or mess around it anymore. Back in high school, living in a dormitory school, one of my friends held an unused iron(cold) up to me and gestured as if to attack me with it as a joke and I just screamed so many of them there just thought it was funny. I told them not to mess around it with me and they had their laughs.