Do you like musicals?

I have not turned the tv yet and I really don't know why not. there is a very boring musical on tv right now. it is very old as well by the clothes they are wearing. I am just lazy to reach for the remote I guess. But,I am about to watch something I recorded last night. I really like musicals a lot,but not this one at all.
@asliah (11149)
hi, i don't like musical movies, i am not interested to that because most of the scene are singing and interpretative dance,and for sure that i will never understand the story of the movie,so when their are some musical movies i really don't watch of it.
@lady1993 (17462)
I love musicals too.. but not all of them re good i guess... or some just don't fit my preference. I love upbeat and happy musicals that make me dance or just watch in awe.. like Hairspray and Moulin Rogue, and Phantom of the Opera.
There are some musicals that I think are wonderful. However, in my opinion, there are just as many musicals that I don't really think are worth the time and money that it took to produce them. I like music, so that isn't the problem that I've ever had at all. Instead, it is because in some cases when it comes to musicals, the stories are just really shallow and to me that means that there is not nearly as much to enjoy.
I can't stand musicals. I like music, tv shows, and movies but I don't like it when the mix together. I don't enjoy many plays and I don't like it when they make movies out of Broadway shows. I'd rather watch a movie or see a concert, I don't want to have to see both at the same time lol.
I havent ever been to a broadway show but i know i would love it. My favorite movies are singing and dancing ones. They get my attention and its what i grew u watching and also doing wtih my life as a child. Musicals cant ever get old and i have so many musicals on DVD that one day i swear i will go see one. Need to visit NYC one day its just a dream of mine. I used to watch the Lawrence Welk show growing up and it was in Black and White and i just loved that show so much and its a classic probably now.
@yoyo1198 (3644)
I love musicals. I was watching on PBS last night about Broadway from its beginnings and how the musicals came about. I remember the first musical I ever saw. It was The Music Man and was showing at the old downtown theater. Up til that time, I'd gone to the 'show' to see stuff like The Phantom and westerns but no musicals. I just fell in love with them. I think I saw The Sound of Music about 12 times when it was first on the big screen.
@rafiholmes (2897)
yes.i do like em.. but of course..its not a movie genre i will rush to see in the cinemas..but given a chance..i do think its a great genre.. last musical i watch on dvd recently was MAMMA MIA.and i thinks surprisingly good.
@akash009 (453)
hello, frankly speaking i dont like musicals that much. i am more of a crime,drama and thriller type person and i watch those kind of movies and tv series. i generally ignore musicals because i dont get entertained that much by those. i get bored easily. so i think its better for me to avoid musical. but that does not mean that i have never watched a musical before. i have watched a few. i watched sweeney todd and i liked it. mostly because i love johnny depp a lot. i like all his movies so i thought i should give it a shot. and i was not that disappointed.
I love musicals. But I really have to be in the mood. That doesn't happen very often. I don't mind the older ones or the clothes. I like vintage movies. I even watch some from the 30's. I adore Ginger Rogers and Fred Estaire. I don't care for Nelson Eddy and back that far though. The Ginger Rogers and Fred Estaire era though had some great dance sequences with thirty or more dancers. What a spectical!
@alberello (4755)
Well, I started to get interested in the musical genre, as lately, watching movies in the home of a my friend almost every night, he loves this kind in particular. I must say that this has involved me too. In fact, most of the movies we see, are just musical. Just two days ago, we saw the "moulin rouge". I must say that I quite liked, although it was completely in the English language, were not dubbed in Italian even the dialogues. I did not understand much because of this fact.
Like you it just depends on the musical. There are some older ones that I do not like, Oklahoma being one of them South Pacific being another. Now if we were talking about Broadway musicals then that's a whole other story. I've seen Miss Saigon, Phantom of the Opera, & Les Miserables. All of them were worth seeing again & again & again. I'm already looking for the "Les Miserable" movie that's due to come out in December. I can hardly wait.