Cleaning up (Late Spring Cleaning)

@SomeCowgirl (32266)
Really late since it's fall! I've been doing a little bit of cleaning in the room I occupy. I've been shredding magazines a little, and I also bought a container to put a few things in. I need to get another one, I would have gotten two at the same time but it wouldn't have fit on the ride home, I know that. Well in any case, I took a table that was in the room (a rectangular fold up table) and put it in another and a family member is now using it. I also plan to buy an air mattress. It will be a queen size mattress. I'll have to make sure I thoroughly clean the floors though and maybe even put a tarp down to make sure there is nothing that can make it pop from the floors. http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Pure-Comfort-Zebra-Queen-Raised-Flock-Top-Air-Bed/5651012/product.html That's what it looks like. Right now there is a 5.0% cashback thing on a website I use so that is why I picked overstock, and that is the cheapest one for the size I wanted. I am hoping to get everything cleaned up before Christmas. I am making great progress though and should be able to do it in no time. Some people think that air mattresses can be cold things to sleep on and so you shouldn't in the winter. I've slept on one in the winter before and it was no problem to me. Would you sleep on one year round?
I have used one of those air mattresses and they are actually pretty comfortable. If you put a nice blanket down to sleep on they aren't cold. I haven't slept on one year round before but I don't see any problems with doing so. Happy sleeping. Very important stuff you know.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
Yes it is very important. I have plenty of blankets so if the mattress itself does get cold I can just put a blanket over it, though I may cover it with a bed sheet anyway. Most of them now come with a velvet type padding on top so that it stays warmer though, which is good. I've slept on one for I think maybe as long as four months at one time before. It reminds me of the old mattress on my bed as a child.
In the Winter it might be alittle cool but in the Summer it will be nice. Good that you have lots of bedding. A family moved out here recently and left us alot of bedding so we are set up for the Winter. I'd be scared I would roll off during the night. lol
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
The furnace is fixed this year, but when I moved back here a few years ago it was so cold I was shivering and my teeth were chattering throughout the night, I thought I was sick. Until I realized that the furnace was broken / not working properly and that it was just naturally freezing cold in the house. I've gathered lots of bedding throughout the years, mostly fleece stuff for winter actually, and so I am all set. Plus my grandmother has a tendency to get us all either a new snuggie or a fleece throw for Christmas. I also have a sheep blanket throw that I bought last year, I keep it on my bed all year round and it keeps me warm. I'm blabbering, sorry. Never been given bedding when a neighbor moved into or out of town, but years ago we were given lots of Hanes socks.
@Tongcv (173)
I an more like to sleep on a wooden bed.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
Wooden bed, with box spring and mattress isn't cheap, I'm going the cheaper route until I find a bed worth buying.
@sjvenden27 (1850)
I think air mattress was one of the best mattress that I ever slept on.. Except for a very very expensive mattress... It was the best thing for my back.. The only down side was the fact that I have have children.. And regardless of what I did the darn thing got holes.. It would be soo cool if they could create an air mattress that had thicker material so it wouldn't pop so easy.. Then that is all I would use..
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
I think they are making them better now but adding children into the picture with an air mattres, they can pop so easily. I know lol as we've had many air mattreses here and when kids had a chance with it "POP" so quick. I love a double pillow top mattress, it is great, you sink into it and it's comfortable, asleep within minutes.
@911Ricki (13602)
When I was in college I used a air mattress. It was originally $150 at Canadian Tire and I got it on sale. It was good and easy when I moved, except my fat roomate sat on it, and popped it. Luckily it was about 3 weeks before I moved so I kept having to wake up and blow it back up. So be careful she saat on it, and popped it on the seam, just with her weight.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
I know how easy that they can pop. I'll be on the only one sitting on it or sleeping on it. If anyone else does, I won't be because I know it doesn't support much weight and any wrong movement it will pop. They are supposedly making them stronger, so that the 'seam pop' doesn't happen. I don't know though about that. Two years ago when I moved back here I slept on one, of course it was on top of a box spring which didn't help matters much. Then add the fact that my nephew would sleep with me as well at first...
I have never slept on one that would hold its air to sleep on a lot. I have slept on them in the winter as a guest. Once I slept on a basement floor on one in the early spring and that is when it felt really cold and uncomfortable. It made my old arthritic bones ache so badly. If it works for you that is awesome. I think part of the issue is that I weigh too much.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
The "single" mattresses as I call them barely do hold up. They are the ones that aren't really "double-top" just a little thing really. I slept on one of those when I first moved back here and it had to be replaecd twice. It doesn't hold much weight that's for sure. At that time I weighed.. a lot. Then when my nephew would come over, for a little while that is where he slept, on that bed with me. It will work, I just have to be sure to get a tarp and lay it down before I even think of blowing up the mattress and laying it down. Even with a vaccumed carpet, I won't take chances lol.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
It's not really a matter of it being cold, my back just doesn't like the idea, not firm enough. Can do it for a few nights camping, but not long term.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
I like how it is, I don't like my mattresses too firm anyway. growing up I slept on a mattress that was old, I am not really sure how old but it was for bunk beds. So it was about the size of a small air mattress and sunk in instead of being firm.
My daughter sleeps on one year round. an hers has a built in pillow. sometimes they tend to leak air and they end up on the floor in the morning and they just go buy a new one. my boss has one in the shop an heres also has that covering on the top to make the sheet stay put.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
I've had them last about four months before, and they can last longer. I think it's reccomended that they are deflated every morning and re-inflated every night anyway, atleast that's what I am seeing with these newer ones.