I want to buy my mother a tv for christmas.

I would need some help from someone to get this done. I know if I ask anyone in my family they are going to say they can't afford the money. I am the only one who will sacrifice for my love ones. I saw the tv and it is really nice and she wanted one for like ever already. it would be something that would make me very happy. I am also trying to give my daughter cash for Christmas nothing less than $100 so,I need to figure out how I can do this. I don't want to put it on my credit card but it is an option I could see about. I might be able to find one at best buy for like $400 I am wondering if I should ask adrain to help me. but,he will be out of work from his operation this week. well,this is something I have time to figure out. I am set for adrain so that makes me feel good. he is so spoiled.. what are you buying your mother for christmas?
Perhaps you should have saved for this the last few months. Do you have a K-Mart there? They have a layaway plan. So does Walmart but it is only until a certain date. That is about the only way I could figure you get the tv. As far as the $100 goes just save your change and tips.
They lay away till November sometime. If I can do it I can save the money on my own and just not touch it. I might just leave it for another time if it will cause me to stress out.
Ya, you definitely don't need to stress out during the holidays. There is still some time left. Maybe scrimp alittle here and there and you never know what you can do.
@911Ricki (13602)
TV's are cheap now a days even big flat screen (nothing like they were). I would never buy anyone in my family something like that because they are so ungrateful. I gave up even putting effort into it, I actually worked Christmas last year, and I have it off this year (and I was hoping my old coworker would ask for me to go to her place). My family does the same, but they will say oh yes we can give this amount, until you pay for it then you have to fork it out and they make it sound like they bought it. I use to make big gift baskets of things for each person but everyone including my mother was so ungratfeull and throw it out. So I try to make up baskets and donate them instead buying them nothing.
I just checked walmart an found some for about $400 that would put me in a bind for other stuff. but,I will see about it.
My mother understands that we really don't have the money to be doing a lot of Christmas shopping this year aside from getting presents for the children, so she has told me that she would be just fine if I don't get anything for her for Christmas. However, she also slipped one day and told me that she would love to have a new nightgown, so that is what I am going to get for her from Tom and myself. Well, I'm also planning on making something for her that has pictures of all five of her grandchildren on it as well. I'm thinking of writing her a poem about being a grandmother and then surrounding the poem with a collage of pictures of the children and other embellishments.
@Blondie2222 (21812)
Would your siblings or inlaws pitch in you all go half n half to get the TV for you're mom? For my sister's gift last year we wanted to get her a running stroller for the baby she was expecting and they are expensive like 100 dollars so all of us sisters and my mom chipped in 25 dollars each to get the stroller. That's something to think about. I hope you're able to get her something good for xmas. I'm still buying gifts, I have my mom all finished I got her a bunch of yankee candle stuff because it's something she loves. I just gotta buy for everyone else now and have no clue what to get.
@mikyung (2234)
My mother really wanted a washing machine. Though she is gone now, I still remember her as she washes my clothes when I was younger. I wanted to help her but she wont allow it. I always feel emotional when I think of my mother, most specially, Christmas is coming, that's why I make it sure that I apply what she taught me, that is to share what you have. Thanks
Walmart is doing layaway until December 14th (I was in there last night). I think it is great that you want to buy your mom a tv set. Is there anyway possible you could make and sell a couple of your Kool Aid bag to make a little extra money? I will be making my mom a pair of earrings, an ornament and I am not sure what I am going to buy her yet. Money is a little tight with us right now because we have to get the car fix and it will cost 600.00. We were hoping to wait until January to get it fixed, but we cannot.
Well ,I did not thought about the Christmas and the Christmas present not yet but I think it is the time to think about it. I am pretty sure that I will present her a gift with little surprise and I should make sure that I should gift her a good gift she really needs, which could put a lot of smile on her face.