What's for lunch or dinner?

@leateagee (3667)
China
It's almost time for lunch here in my city. I work in a company that provides free food for lunch and dinner. Yeheeyyy!!! Savings! Savings! Savings! We have a cook. She cooks for 15 people including the employers. But sometimes, she cooks all meat, all vegetables. And for dinner, we still see what ate for lunch. I haven't gone to the lunchroom yet to see what she prepared, but I'm wondering, would be special today? Do you ever look forward having lunch? Do you ever think of the food you want to eat just before break time? Do you ever wish there are variety of food served without you deciding which one to eat? Are you picky to what food you eat?
@joycseer (845)
WoW! That is wonderful, leateagee! Having free lunch and dinner??? I did be grateful if i have free lunch and dinner, this will surely save me a lot of money. Food prices lately are shooting up, and it is getting more expensive nowadays. My company only have a small canteen whereby we can purchase our breakfast and lunch. Basically the canteen is to serve the factory workers instead of normal employees, because the food served are not really nice or up to a standard. But factory workers are not as choosy as some higher rank employees in the company, so they can bear with just white rice with some soup as gravy to their food, or added with an egg. Nothing special on the food served, and many of my colleagues does not like the food from the canteen. Also, some even complained the food prepared are not clean. I even had food poisoning eating from the canteen before. So, i do not look forward to what food is served in the company's canteen. All i can do is just think and think what to eat later for lunch. Sometimes it's so troublesome to always have to think what to eat later... How i wished to have a company like yours which can provide us free lunch and dinner served with variety of food, so i do not have to think what to eat all the time. However, if i go to some high class restaurants, i will be picky on the food i eat. If i just go to some stalls, my expectation on their cooking will not be choosy, because i do not expect them to serve like professional cooks. We go to restaurants, paying for their service, paying additional expense to eat there is to enjoy a better meal. So, definitely i will be picky on their food served. Hehe...
@myfb2009 (8304)
Leate, as for me here i have to cook my own meals. I don't have any free meals in my area here. I ever worked for many bosses and non of them are providing free meals for their staffs. I think you are lucky since you don't have to worry as what need to cook for your lunch or dinner. You just need to wait patiently and you will have your meals. Nowadays, i don't cook a lot, so no more leftovers. I prefer to cook fresh meals whenever it is possible.
@leateagee (3667)
I agree with you. I really don't worry what to eat for lunch or dinner. I just wait and also ... we don't wash our dishes.
@myfb2009 (8304)
Wow, you are really lucky that you don't even need to wash your dishes after taken your meals. Hope you enjoy it a lot. Have a nice day
@leateagee (3667)
Yup, that's another thing I like in here. Thanks, you have a nice day too!
iF i WERE IN YOUR SHOES I woul be happy every time I ate just to be able to save my money I woul also try to bring something home for my man to eat so we on't need to get on the stove and cook.
@leateagee (3667)
I am happy but it just gets boring sometimes. I haven't tried carrying some home. I will try that. Maybe I could save more.
@rameshchow (5284)
here hit is breakfast time in India. yeah, I should want a tasty and yummy food.
@leateagee (3667)
Really? So what did you have for breakfast? I usually have a variety. Different everyday.
@kingparker (9698)
Wow, you are a lucky one since the company you work for provide free meals. On my daily job, we just have to bring our own lunch, and there is no one would provide anything for you. Except for the special holiday, the company might catering us during the lunch time. Oh well, I am not picky at all, as long as not everyday eating the same stuff.
@leateagee (3667)
True I consider myself lucky too. That's goo dto know you are picky. Others don't have what we have now.
@eagletrek2 (5186)
• Kingston, New York
Hi me I like to cook so some time I cook a few Different items and have dishes all ready Take out of Frezer and reheat.and I do Look forward to eat it.
@leateagee (3667)
That's great that you love to cook and look forward to eating. I also look forward to eating. I just had breakfast, which is not free but lunch is coming ... I wish we have something different.
@mikyung (2234)
In my younger years, I eat almost anything serve to me, but times change, my body changes, I need to choose what I eat now, after my surgery. I eat almost steamed food. My wife prepares my food, and she has a weekly list of meals, 2 sets, from breakfast to dinner, that will rotate in two weeks time. In taht way, we can have a variety of meat, fish and vegetables in a week. Not to mention, the fruits, which is equally vital to us all. Thanks
@leateagee (3667)
Your wife is very good. She has planned it so you'll have a healthy diet. True fruits are important to our health too. Continue the good healthy living. Regards to your wife.
@anklesmash (1417)
I find that when I prepare my own lunch to take with me I get more excited about lunch as I know what nice thing I'm going to have for my lunch and think about it all morning. I was just the same when I was at school and my mum had given me one of my favourite lunches.My favourite was cold sausage and bacon sandwiches with tomato ketchup on.If we had bacon and sausage for tea she would usually do a few extras for me to take the next day.I don't need to take food any more as I'm at university and live on campus, I usually go home for lunch but I do think about what I'm going to cook myself during the morning.
@leateagee (3667)
So now you're on your own. You'll learn to love the food around you. When was in the university too, I missed weekends because I get to have lunch and dinner at home where all the special food is prepared.
@mythociate (15371)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
At my 'Sabbath fellowship' (my friends and I there call it 'church,' but 'the church' is an entirely different thing), lunch is served 'for free' (really, it's with the donations of all the friends there; but it doesn't cost anything once you're there ) And I know I should be there to worship & learn their enlightenment etc., but I also "look forward to" lunch there. And I 'make ends meet' in the world, but I'm still poor enough not to care too much what they're serving!
@leateagee (3667)
Thank goodness there are Sabbath fellowships. We also have church gathering once a week but there is no free lunch. Don't say poor, just broke.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
Im having a grilled chicken salad here. I make chicken last night- had a big piece left over. And since I ate so much last night. Ill take it easy today.
@leateagee (3667)
Wow! Grilled chicken salad. You can cook! That's so good. I am not a good cook so I settle for what we have in the lunchroom. But I am planning to learn.
@gaiza12 (4889)
I have worked before in a company that also serves free food. The good thing is we can choose from a variety of viands. I think they cook for kinds of viands and we are to choose 2 of 4. I also remembered chicken was always present but it is cooked differently. Anyway, I don't have any choice but to eat because it's free. I get to save a lot of money and the only thing I will use my money daily is the fare. I am not picky at all with free foods
@leateagee (3667)
That's great to know. Any savings is a good help for us. I'm happy you're not choosy or picky.
@fatlex06 (895)
Oh. I envy your company. THat's good and even much better if it's buffet. You're lucky. Yes, I do always look forward in having lunch and what's for lunch. SOmetimes, I do look forward in the next day's meal. :D I am not choosy or picky when it comes to food. Whatever it is that is on our table I'll eat it. I always appreciate God's grace.
@leateagee (3667)
Good for you! It is buffet but we have to mind the amount of food we take because it also divided to how many people we are.
@Raine38 (9117)
Oh you're so lucky! Can I work there just for the free foond, haha! I am not too picky with food, but I tend to eat veggies and stay away from meat if it is cooked somewhere else. I don't really care whatever vegetable is in it. I can only eat meat back home, except of course in the case of burgers.
@leateagee (3667)
Sure! That's so cool you're not picky. I have colleagues who are so picky so sometimes they buy food outside just to satisfy a meal. But for me, free is better. I'm in a tight budget.
I have to take lunch with me all the time while I go to office. I just used to take the breakfast which I have in the morning as my lunch. So there is no variety and there is no thrilling to find what food will be there to have for the lunch. Thrilling arises when some one offer me a treat. I will be very happy on that day because I don't have to take lunch with me and along with it I will be having good food with free cost.
@leateagee (3667)
Free food is always delicious. I like being treated out too. Our boss always treat us whenever it's a special day so we are happy employees. I like that thrilling part, but maybe because we had the same cook for several years now, so she just settle for what she thinks we like. I wish she would experiment.
@sishy7 (27647)
You're lucky you don't have to worry about lunch at work... I know sometimes it is difficult for employees to decide what to have for lunch. You have to consider the money spent, the time constraint, or who to spend it with among other things. I'm not too picky myself; and most of the time I bring my own lunch from home even if it is just a banana when I don't have much time to fix anything more before I left for work.
@leateagee (3667)
I agree with you. We are really lucky here. That's so great that you are not picky. I like bananas after having a meal. I just finish lunch and we had meatballs and a vegetable soup. I just ate enough. We had been having meatballs every other week. hehehe. I am not complaining. It's juts a too familiar food. It's kinda dry too.
@asliah (11149)
hi, there are times that i am picky in the food that i will eat,sometimes i want meat and sometimes i look for vegetables,but when i am really hungry i will not choosy to food,here in my work we usually eat at 1pm,because we wait to finish other group eating in the pantry.
• Greece
I remember the luxury of working for a firm which provided free dinners too. It was wonderful because I had not yet learned to cook. I ate a variety of meals such as I had never had at home and I remember in particular braised celery. That amazed me, I had only eaten it cold with cheese and biscuits before. Now I cook for the family but I look forward to going out for a meal sometimes, it always tastes so good if someone else had done the cooking.