It is Mango time...

@ifa225 (11099)
Indonesia
I can see many shop sold mango here tough I have my own mango tree in Cirebon, I still buy it because I live in Jakarta. So I can not take it anytime it is fruitful Last year, the tree gives me 5 box of fruitful mangoes It is so happy to eat my own mango from my own tree Do u still buy fruit tough you have your own tree since your tree is not fruitful yet?
@prashu228 (25811)
wow, i like mangoes . so already mangoes started coming in your place. We still have time ,for that in our country. Yes we do buy mangoes from from shops as we live in a city and mangoes are there in our village which is some six hours journey from here. Our grandparents look after those ,as they live there. But i enjoy when ever i go there in summer,as that's the season when we get mangoes here.
@ifa225 (11099)
We are glad that this is the harvest time for mango I hope soon you can enjoy them too in the next few months we are going to harvest rambutan
@prashu228 (25811)
what is "rambutan"
@ifa225 (11099)
Rambutan is such a hairy fruits the epidermis ofthe fruits has green,yellow and red skin maybe you can use search bar to get to know more about rambutan
@adhyz82 (36289)
in my city,it`s not mango time nor another fruit time.. maybe next month, we are in durian time..
@sishy7 (27647)
Hmm..., I love durian. I got one from an Asian store few weeks ago, and it was supposedly one of the best durian. It's from Malaysia though, called durian 'musang'; have you ever heard or tasted that?
@adhyz82 (36289)
no i never heard the kind durian like that
@sishy7 (27647)
I bought a whole durian, but for sure I could not finish it all by myself as none of my sons would even get close to it. So I shared with some Malaysian friends; they told me it is a hybrid and only recently discovered. I've never heard of it either before I saw it in that store. That was the first time I've ever tasted it and it was pretty good. But I think durian 'monthong' from Thailand is still better, thicker and more succulent.
@sishy7 (27647)
So, it's mango season there... Which one do you have, the sweet juicy ones or the whitish color inside? I'm not sure which is which, but I think they are called 'harum manis' and 'manalagi'... What I have on my back yard are blueberries and lemon trees. I hardly ever buy lemons anymore, because it seems that there are always some. Sometimes I even have to give them away to friends because there are just too many and I cannot use them all or otherwise they will just fall off the tree and get spoiled. I also have a friend here who has her own banana trees. She would give me some, which is very nice of her. Bananas are expensive here; even when they are at their cheapest price at the store, they can still be at around three to five dollars a kilo.
@Devilova (5396)
5 dollars a kilo? Where are you live right now sishy? Australy? You work or take a college in there? In here, banana is very cheap. In traditional markets, banana sold per "lirang" not kilo. One lirang is more then a kilo and the price not more then a dollar.
@sishy7 (27647)
You asked me that before on another discussion; apparently you did not read the comment there where I answered your questions already... I know, that's why I said bananas are expensive here, especially compared to how much we can buy them for over there. Would 'lirang' be the same meaning as 'sisir', the term used to refer to a natural bunch of bananas?
@ifa225 (11099)
Hi All I have mangga gedong tree in front of my yard and in Cirebon, i have manalagi tree but mangga gedong have not fruitful already I have to wait for 2 years next maybe Banana is quiet expensive in Jakarta, especially if it goes to Cavendish banana
@leeandrew (1226)
I like mangoes very much, but I don't like eating sour mango actually, I want the yellow ripe one. But we don't buy mango's regularly though because it's quite expensive and easily consumed. hahaha I am actually proud of our mango's. Most of my American friends would praise it whenever they try it, so as a Filipino... I of course feel proud. hahaha. I wish I could also plant a mango tree, but that is just a wish co's it won't happen, I have no space for it. :(
@ifa225 (11099)
mango is really easily consumed.. me and my family can eat it about 3 kg per day so I save so much with this tree hey...maybe you can buy some land in Java then plant the trees Here mango is easily grow
@Rainegurl (2158)
We have some mango trees too Right now, our supply of mangoes come from our own trees. We sure feel lucky to have those trees so near our house because we love mangoes. When they are not bearing fruit, we buy from our favorite fruit stand. Not often as we want though because mangoes can be really expensive. Have a nice day!
@ifa225 (11099)
Hi Raine When the mango out of season and the fruits are rare everywhere the price could rise double or even triple from its normal price
@aghanim2 (65)
wow, its good.. many people like mango because its delicious
@ifa225 (11099)
I love ot because of the taste too I bleive most of people in this world would agree that mango is the delicious fruit in the world aside from mango apple and grapes are delicious too
@mikyung (2234)
Of course, I will buy even we have a tree at home. We have a mango tree in my hometown which is miles away from where I'm based. I'm working in a city and I seldom see a mango tree here, therefore, I settled on buying even for a kilo or two. But thatnk for reminding for I will be requesting my elder brother who lives in my hometown to send some mango fruit though. Thanks. enjoy
@ifa225 (11099)
I guess you and me have the same situation :) When the mangoes is sold everywhere but I don't have a chance to pick it from my village I just buy it I admire it because of the taste
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
Same here in mexico. Mangos are real cheap and all over the place. People sell them on the streets with a chili spice on them. Very, very good this time of year here. have a great day.
@ifa225 (11099)
Hi Maria mango is a tropical fruit...so it can be found easily in a tropical country like your and my country Aside from the delicious taste..mangoes are really great in giving us vitamins and minerals
@ardoy0731 (6865)
Mango is one of my favorite fruit next to mango lol. We also have mango tree in our little backyard but still buy mango when it dont bear any fruit at all especially when I am craving to mango.
@ifa225 (11099)
Hi ardoy those mango seller are really help us in our addiction to mango right? Hehehe I wonder if noone sold mango in my town I can pick without permit at my neighbor's mango tree..lol
I have a mango tree in my house but the things is that it do not give us fruits on all the seasons. Sometimes it will give us very few number of mangoes on the other hand we have a lot. For the last season we had a very less ones and we was really sad with it. I hope this time we will have a lot of mangoes.
@ifa225 (11099)
Hi I guess we both are lucky because we have mango tree in our yard it is that they are not fruots all the season I try to pour it with water whenever there is no rain it helps much for the trees giving us more fruits
@Devilova (5396)
I don't have a mango tree, when a mango season or any fruit season. My next to door neighbor will share what they have harvest from their trees. Whether mango, sawo, nangka, etc. Also when they harvest veggy like tomato, kangkung, spinach, chili, etc. Thats the benefit of living in the villages.
@ifa225 (11099)
that is a big benefit living in village you can save more..
@kenshin2143 (1882)
Its not like that our tree would bear fruit throughout the year. So yes, we also buy some fruits if our tree does not bear any.
@ifa225 (11099)
when the mangoes time I just can't wait to eat them cause my tree have not yet fruitful that is the most reason i still buy it thank u for dropping by :)
@caopaopao (8552)
How I admire you! You have your own mango tree! I don't have any fruit trees, I can only buy fruits if I want to have some. I like mangoes, too. But they are expensive here than any other fruits. Apples , pears and bananas are cheap here. I hope I can go to visit your place , then I can have enough mangoes there, haha! Have a nice day!
@ifa225 (11099)
Hi Cao, we have contradictory here.. in my country mangoes are cheaper than apple and pears maybe because our weather support the mango to grow good Please come, we can eat mangoes together
@Micmac (8443)
hi ifa225 Haha What a coincidence since I'm eating a delicious mango for my lunch now while mylotting and just noticed your discussion on mangoes! For sure, Mangoes are a sweet and like 'food of the Gods' as they say! That is so great that you have your own mango tree!
@ifa225 (11099)
such a amazing coincidence here I am enjoying mangoes too. what kind of mangoes that you eat?
@Micmac (8443)
[i][/i]what kind of mangoes that you eat? The yellow ones and the green ones that have a half red color on the top. The mangoes imported from Brazil are yummy. Mangoes are so delicious and nutrituous! The more you eat them the more you want!
@natliegleb (5186)
i am super delighted since its right time to enjoy mango and the taste is cool with so much freshness
@ifa225 (11099)
Hi Natlie where do you live? I do wish I can enjoy mango all the time but it is too bad that this kind of trees does not fruits full all years
hi ifa I am in the U S and we do not grow mangoes here so they are pretty expensivesin our grocery stores. I love mangoes too and will try to buy a few but they will not last me long as I love to eat them. lol . lol.
@ifa225 (11099)
Hi Mrs. Hatley I am glad that here mangoes are quiet cheap the expensive one is grapes I love grapes from USA, it taste sweeter than grapes from other place