we both bought candy today.

My boss has a nice big candy dish in the shop. it was empty for a few days and so I brought two bags of candy today and she came in and said,oh someone bought candy and then she opened up her bag adn it was filled with all the good candy we all loved. like kit kats,almond joys,whoppers,and you name it we had it. she is going to let them know during the meeting that we all should shop for the shop since we all eat there. I think that is fair because they sure love to eat my cold cuts when they are hungry. do you buy stuff to bring to your work place?
No, the way my work is set up it is not something that would happen. I am in other people's homes. They buy their own food and they are not supposed to eat mine if I bring any. I tend to not put it where it would be a temptation, either. Now I can fix something special for them if I want to, and at least one of them, the mom will probably bring something sometime.
@STOUTjodee (3476)
When I worked at a motel I would bring cookies or candies in for the employees and the customers to eat. Some times when you do this other people will also do the same (bring food in to share.) There was one time I called a radio station and entered the motel in a drawing for businesses. Well, a couple of days later, the radio station called us back and said that our motel was picked as the winner. Our motel's name was picked business of the week and the radio station delivered a bouquet with candy and popcorn.
@Tina30219 (35636)
• Onaway, Michigan
All my favorite kinds as well. I love anything chocolate.I guess you all will not run out of candy anytime soon. I try not to buy candy much especially chocolate because my whole family loves it and we would eat it all in one day.
@911Ricki (13602)
I agree, it is only fair if everyone eats it all. I usually bring some items to share. Such as the other day at work the other girl I work with was still hungry and didnt have any more food, I shared pumpkin loaf. I was thinking of baking some goodies to bring in.
ha ha .nice post u have done. anyway u both are very danger.i feel so. just kidding yaaar. but better the way u have to do is to start a acandy super market. that will be useful for you both..
@ardoy0731 (6865)
Well at least have lots of candies now and the canister wouldn't be empty now. I also bring foods in the office that I could share to my colleagues like candies, biscuits and sometimes cookies too. Chips will not be forgotten cause we really all love it.
@lilybug (21148)
I have always been one to bring in candy and such to the places I work. Not too many people did things like that, but that didn't stop me from doing it anyway. I figure I am doing something nice for them and it is there if I ever want to munch on something as well.
@Loverbear (4928)
I'm not working per say, but I attend college classes. Just Wednesday I took two huge plates of cookies to class to celebrate my birthday. Everyone had a wonderful time munching down the cookies...the week before someone brought in the most delicious caramel corn I have ever had! I plan to buy some of it for Bill for his Christmas stocking. When I was working I always took extra in to share with my co workers, it makes working so much more fun for all of us when someone is willing to share. A huge plus to that is you never know when there is someone who for one reason or another is strapped for funds and can't afford to buy the necessary food for their lunch that pay period. I have fed many co-workers who didn't have the money for their lunch or enough for food at home. I figure if I have it, I will share with others. It has never backfired on me and it seems like when I do help out those who are really in need I receive not only a great feeling of being there to relieve another person's suffering, but I also get rewarded in any number of ways from finding money on the sidewalk to finding a little gift on my entry way. I have always been one to help others and share, not just because it's the right thing to do or it makes me feel good; but it is also the fact that I have given of myself to someone who will pass the goodness on to another. If we stop being greedy and keeping all the wealth to ourselves and start sharing with the less fortunate we could see an enormous change in the world! I know I am an optimist, but I do always hope for the best.
@trisha27 (3498)
I agree I think that it would only be fair that people buy things for the shop so that people just don't take advantage of the people that bring in extra stuff and people just eat their stuff and not chip in at times too. The only time I bring stuff into work for my co-workers is like when we have a potluck and when I know about it. Then we only allow those who buy things to eat at our potluck. Sometimes other people get mad because we won't share and we're like did you buy anything we told you we were having a potluck and if you wanted to take part in it then you should bring in a dish. You can't just show up to the potluck and expect to eat when you brought no dish. I'd like to have a candy dish so that it can be there for the customers and associates, but the supervisor doesn't allow it unless, it is a store used item. Where we have to bring the item to a supervisor and tell them we'd like to store use it. I just don't get it when it comes down to candy but oh well. There was ever a time a friend of mine wanted to bring some flowered pens for the co-workers at work and well, she had to store use them, before she could bring them in. Its just so much trouble.
I work at home, so the answer qould have to be yes. LOL My husband and I bring in whatever money we can through our writing. Our disability pensions cover the rest. I think it's more than fair, that if a lot of people eat from a communal dish at the office, they should all contribute to keeping it filled.