why making more friends on Facebook

Hello Friends And deer Mylot People . People are making more friend on Facebook , they have 2000 plus friend , i aso like more friends but i did not getting why people do like this , what they get for making more friend . they can not manage them they only increase their friend list nothing else ..that why i reduce my friend list and i have those friend who is real my friend not fake friend.
@lady1993 (12710)
Yeah, some people do that.. Some of my friends almost have 1000 friends but i don't think they really know the person personally. maybe they just accept invites blindly.. i did that before, but then i noticed a lot of people i do not know crowding my wall, so i deleted those strangers..
@dyffer (75)
I only have a hundred friends in Facebook...its good to have a thousand friends if you have something to promote but i guess some people are just too friendly that they add up people they don't know.
@Devilova (5396)
I have 3 accounts in facebook, 2 of them I use to make money while having fun. These 2 accounts have more then 4K friends. Its helping me on getting visitors to my blog, getting referrals, etc. My primary account is for personal use, it has less friends.
@Kameko (104)
Yours is nice decision. Everyone should follow you. It's better to have a personal FB account for our known friends and in other hand another account which can be used for public for somewhat else purpose on which we never share our personal information, as it is not required there. Be safe online and Keep smiling.
@Devilova (5396)
I set private for my primary account and for only real friends in a real life. Thats why I won't get disturb with the kind of spam. Whether status and or photos. Cause they are my real friends and know how to take care our privacy.
@GemmaR (8527)
I think that it is good to be able to keep in touch with your old friends through Facebook, but one of the problems is that some people are no choosing to use it to make new friends as well. I would never recommend making friends via the internet in this way unless you know somebody else who knows them, because you can never tell whether they're the person who they make out to be behind their keyboard. You should never meet up with somebody off the internet without telling other people where you're going, as you could get into serious trouble.