Why Don't Christians Feel Dangerously Close to Condemnation?

@mythociate (15963)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2nd Peter 2:9-12 says "The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. "Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord. "But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;" That reminds me of most Christian leadership today---unwilling to change their ministry if it means inconveniencing themselves for the needs of an unworthy one-or-two people. (Even though the fate of that person/persons might spell the doom/destiny of the whole church.) Why does becoming a Christian-leader so turn-off people's wariness, their fear that 'they might be wrong?'
That is sad. When I think of the early messengers of the Word , they were fearless. The two that come to mind are St Peter and St Joan. They had the guts to endure Anything. Isn't a calling suppose to be so powerful that you Must go forth regardless the inconvenience?
Ah ha! Maybe that explains some of the stubbornness! If one's wrong in their viewpoint however, that would such!
@mythociate (15963)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Does that make SarahRuthBeth22 the AntiChrist or the Beast ('SarahRuthBeth' somehow coming out to 644?)
Thanks for the compliment but I am not that powerful!
@flowerchilde (12547)
I think that's a human failing and I suppose it's pretty human to be even more so if you feel yourself to be in a position of authority. I suppose perhaps that makes me happy to not be in a position of leadership, though I do hope when I talk to people I've got the right message and I'm not telling anybody things that aren't true! I guess it's good for all of us to walk very humbly with God as the saying goes, and to be often praying and yielding our selves to Him, otherwise it's more than likely we will stray in some way. I'm talking mostly about in our ideas and understanding.
@mythociate (15963)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Amen.