Goodbye to diet: Just ate a "big and tasty" burger from mcdonalds

@leeandrew (1226)
Yes.. I just ate a big burger and it was indeed big and tasty. Hubby and I went to the mall a while ago and the window shopping that we did made us hungry... very hungry. So we decided to went to mcdonalds for and get the big and tasty burger. Oh.. I can't help myself but finished my food. Now I felt like my skin is kinda stretching and my clothes feels its tightening. It really feels like I'm saying goodbye to dieting. Three days ago I decided to lessen the rice I ate but the burger ruined it all. I now am craving for more of it. How I wish I did not try it... but.. the taste is so tempting and the smell so hypnotizing. Ahhhh!
@Raine38 (8907)
I am also on a diet, but every weekends, I can eat burgers and other stuff like that and it's okay as long as I will burn these calories that day as well. Actually, the only reason why we tend to convert our food to faty deposits is when we were not able to burn them up. Of course the higher the calorie intake, the longer and more vigorous the workout should be.
@leeandrew (1226)
Good for you. You are consistent with your diet. I envy people like you. As for me the more I try not to eat unhealthy food the more I can't resist them. Arrgh! That's one problem of mine again. Vigorous workout? I don't know that word... hahaha. I really hope I did burn a calorie in what I do. I hope looking after a baby would burn me some calories. I found out about myself actually that the more I get older the more I less energetic. I hate sweating and can't shower immediately, I hate it when the sweat just dry on my body.
@anklesmash (1417)
I find that the more you try to eat healthily the more tempting unhealthy food becomes.And a McDonald's big tasty is very very tempting it is definitely the nicest burger that McDonalds do.I was planning on eating less fast food as well,in my case it was more for financial reasons.I promised my self that I would spend less money eating out and cook cheaper alternatives at home.The day after promising my self this I was in a McDonalds eating a big tasty.I had to go into town to run a few errands.I had to pass a McDonalds and I couldn't resist going through the drive thru.
@leeandrew (1226)
Yeah. your totally right. The more I want to get healthy and eat healthy.. the more I'm craving to unhealthy foods and the more unhealthy food is in front of me. hahaha. I like how you just describe mcdonalds big and tasty burger. Oh.. how I wanted it more... as in I want it now. But of course hubby won't allow me to do that. I seldom eat fast foods too. Same reason as well. But whenever I like eating it I make it a point I get it, because I don't give in to my cravings like every week or something. SOmetimes once a month of sometimes one in every two months. hahaha. Good luck to us! happy mylotting!
eating that one burger doesn't necessarily mean that your diet should stop. Just go back to what you've been doing in the past 3 days, and stick to it. Also, whenever you feel like you've eaten more than you should , you can compensate by maybe exercising for an extra 10 minutes. Say, jog in place, do jumping jacks or climb the stairs. Good luck on your diet!
@leeandrew (1226)
You know what if there's a hard thing to do in this world?... that is to continue the healthy diet someone has started. It the hardest thing to do second to working out. I don't know if there is a law that requires those that won't exercise will go in jail.. I probably in jail for a long time now. I don't do any exercise but I get tired of following my baby and looking after her everyday. I don't sweat looking after her though but I get tired. I love walking but... walking in the mall where it is cold, I get tired easily walking in a hot and humid day. I know I have so many excuses. I just don't know what could motivate me to do a healthy living. I'm sorry for myself :((
@naveed00 (59)
there should be a break in the diet once a while, one burger would not make you fat but it would bring your metabolism back from starvation mode to normal and might help you to lose more weight in next one or days then normal days. So get your will power back up and say no to fatty foods for at least a week.
@leeandrew (1226)
I actually abstain from eating rice for the past several days when my tummy got something wrong. But the moment it return to its normal function my craving for rice resume as well. The other night my sister in law cooked fried chicken for dinner, last night I cooked pork cooked in coconut milk with chili and all those nights I have eaten more rice because the dish required more rice. hahaha. I really wish I'll be able to do diet at least for a month. Or do work out every day.
@GemmaR (8527)
It is a shame that you feel as though you have done badly by eating this food, because what you don't seem to realise is that you can eat things like that as part of a healthy diet if you should choose to do so. I am losing weight at the moment, and I have never deprived myself of the foods that I like, because I honestly believe that life is too short to do so. If you fancy some nice food then you should make sure that you allow yourself to eat it without feeling guilty, and then go home and just make sure that you stick to your diet for the rest of the week.
@leeandrew (1226)
hahaha. don't feel bad, I'm not really into diet these days, I just love to think I am, but truly I'm not. That is my motto in life as well. As long as I stay healthy and don't eat mcdonalds burger everyday I think I'm doing good. I cannot do healthy diet in our house co's hubby doesn't like eating all vegetables or fish. He wants meat. I did south beach diet some years ago but I stop too because it is more expensive to do it than just plain eat what is there in the house. I wish I have someone with me, a friend or something to help motivate me for the diet.
hi lee, This is the reason why I am not on this diet thing cause I don't know how to resist foods sometimes I feel that they are calling me to eat them happy mylotting
@leeandrew (1226)
hahaha. I know. they seems try to hypnotized me too and of course I always fall on their spell. There is no ways that I would say no to a big and tasty burger of mcdonald's unless I ate it in two consecutive meals. The moment I smell it seems telling me.. come eat me... please. hahahaha. Food like fried chicken, jolly hot dog, coffee and a lot more. Oh goodness, i could write more food in here. But every time I type it the more that I crave for it. Goodness, how could I be like this.:))